030

7 Bangtan Princes

Kim Seokjin

 

"Where is your fiancèe?" My mom asked through the phone. "Can I speak with her?"

"Why?" I sighed, shifted the phone from my left shoulder to my right as I slammed on the keys on my playstation controller. "She's out for a while."

"She's always out when I call."

"She likes to be out." 

"Jin, you're going to be MARRIED! We met this girl over dinner, BRIEFLY! I'm overjoyed, yes, but I would like to get to know my daughter-in-law more. Usually people show their significant other to their parents when they start dating! But you've hid her from us!" 

"We wanted it that way. We didn't want the pain or pity if we didn't work out." I grumbled. 

"What are you doing then? Why aren't you out with her?"

"She's with her friends, probably."

"Are you playing video games again?"

"No." I hit pause on the controller and stood up, taking the phone back in my hands and switching ears again. "When she returns home, I'll ask her if she wants to go over and have a little chat with you. But she's been busy lately so I doubt she'll want to." 

"Don't make excuses." 

"I'm not! She works as a pianist's assistant and on top of that she has to deal with her own family matters. She's a busy woman!" I laughed a bit. "But mom, do you want to hear a joke? Hana likes this joke a lot so you will too." 

"Jin."

"Okay fine, I won't tell you." I pouted, downing the rest of the bottled water I had out on the kitchen counter. "You're no fun. All you care about is Hana, not even your own son. Boo-hoo..." 

"Jin, honey, I'm serious. I want to meet my daughter-in-law."

"I know mom." A frown slipped on my face. "I gotta go. See you later, mom."

"Okay dear." She hung up. 

I exhaled loudly and sent a text to Hana. 

To: Hana

What'cha doin'? 

And to my surprise, she answered fairly quickly.

From: Hana

Relaxing. I'm feeling a bit under the weather today

To: Hana

Do you want me to come over and take care of you? ;q; Jungkook was with you yesterday, right? 

From: Hana 

Yeah he was. But I don't think that is necessary, Jinnie 

To: Hana

That cuts it! I'm comin' over! 

From: Hana

Omg, Jin 

I smiled widely and got myself around, turning off the TV, and hurrying out the door. 

I'll stop buy somewhere and buy some more medicine. I don't know what Jungkook got her but I'll just buy a whole bunch and hope I strike something new or that will work. 

--

"Jin, I said I was feeling under the weather, not on my death bed." She grumbled when she peaked in the bag, her voice sounding a bit cracked. "I lost my voice and my head hurts, that's all."

I shrugged. "I took precautions for my princess." 

"Princess my ." She smiled a bit. "Well then come in. I haven't hung out with my Jinnie in a long time so it'll feel nice to have you around." 

I placed the bag of medicine on the coffee table. "There is some headache reliever in there, probably. Use it when you need it." I followed her into the living room and sat down beside her. 

I put my hand to her forehead and nodded with satisfaction. "You're still hot." 

"Thanks." She joked.

"Didn't Jungkook break your fever last night?"

"He did but I guess it came back." 

"This won't do.." I stood up, glancing around. "Lay down."

"Jin it--"

"Please?" 

"Fine.." She situated herself on the couch and watched me, rather relaxed.

I sought a pillow and a blanket from her room, returning quickly. 

"Jin, it's hot."

"'Jin, it's hot'" I mocked playfully. "Trust me." 

I carefully situated her head onto the pillow and pulled the blanket over her. She scoffed. "I'm not a child and I'm not dying. I do not understand." 

"Shh." I grumbled. "I'm going to go cook you some soup and then I'm going to give you medicine." 

"Medicine knocks me out." She complained.

"Good. Rest heals all." I left to the kitchen and sought out some things to cook up that she'd like. 

It was very evident that she hasn't been shopping in a long while so I ended up having to go with canned soup. Of course I would add my own touch to it and add some fresh vegetables to make it edible. But it was still a bummer that I would have to feed her stuff from a can. 

Once that was finished, I went out to give her the soup but she was already passed out. You're supposed to eat first, then pass out...

I put the soup down on the coffee table and went back into the kitchen, searching for a pot lid. Once I found one, I returned back to the living room and put it over the soup. 

Being as quiet as I could, I removed some of the medicine from the bag and placed it beside her bowl. 

This'll do for now. I'll go meet Hobi and then I'll come back to check on her.

--

"So how are things with Kyu after Namjoon's conversation with him yesterday?" 

"I don't know. He hasn't shown up for any practices." Hoseok shrugged, a bit worried. "I just want to pass stage 2. It's coming up next week and we aren't ready. If we can pass the rest of the stages, then we can debut. We can't fail another like the first."

"What did your mom say about the failure? I assume she didn't take it well."

"Not at all." Hoseok hung his head with defeat. "I feel like I have an elephant sitting on my shoulders all the time. I just want my family to accept me. I can deal with the stresses of pre-debut and even after that if we make it, I can even deal with friend issues. But I can't deal with my family not accepting me for following my dreams."

"I understand." I reach across the table and patted his shoulder. "You're strong, Hobi. You can do it."

Hoseok didn't lift his head. "How's Hana? Is her illness going away?"

"You really care for her, don't you? How'd you let yourself fall for her?" I sighed, drinking the rest of my soda. 

"I don't know. It just happened so fast." He finally lifted his head and rubbed his eyes. "I'm just... Exhausted. I'm trying to get over Hana because I know it's for the best but I also want to see where her feelings lie. Sometimes I think she likes me and then others it isn't so clear.."

I don't think any of us can really read Hana. I don't think even Hana knows who she likes anymore. "I don't know, honestly." I sighed once more. "Yoongi talks about you and Tae a lot. He's worried about your friendship."

"I am too. But it's getting a bit better. I think he finally realized that Hana won't accept his feelings." 

"What about you?"

"I told you, I'm just confused. If only she'd give me a clear rejection like she gave Taehyung.. Or if she feels differently, then a clear confession." 

"Then confess. She has no idea you like her."

"How? Aren't I obvious?" Hoseok widened his eyes a bit.

"She's blind, apparently." I chuckled. "Confess to her. It won't hurt. And if you get rejected, then you know where to go from there."

"Even if she has feelings for me in return, we can't act on them. We have to part because of Taehyung's rule anyways." 

"True. You guys are all ed in my opinion." 

"Do you think Yoongi likes Hana too?"

"You too?" I gave him a funny look. "Jimin asked me the same thing."

Maybe Yoongi does. I just honestly can't see him caring for another person. He just.. Doesn't strike me as someone interested in those types of things. 

"I don't know, I guess that's a stupid question." Hoseok shook his head. "I doubt it."

"At least we can agree." I stretched my arms out, feeling satisfied with every pop I heard. I'm old. "Anything else you want to do today? I need to return to Hana if not."

"I'm good." Hoseok gave me a bright smile, an obviously fake one. "I have much to say but Hana is sick so go to her."

"No, no. I'll stay with you if you need to talk."

He just shook his head. "Go anyways."

I gave him a guilty look but left like he asked, making my way to my car. I feel so bad for Hobi. It seems like everyone is stressed out and having a bad time... Except for Jimin and I. 

--

I arrived at Hana's house and noticed a familiar car parked where I usually park. Isn't that Taehyung's car? 

Shutting off my car, I got out and went to investigate further. Chico didn't even bark when I entered the door. Strange.

Carefully, I peered around the corner a bit and saw Taehyung and Hana talking, sharking a blanket. 

"Chico~!" Taehyung gave a big, square smile at the dog as it sat half on his lap. 

Hana stared at Taehyung as he played with Chico, a small smile on her face and warmth in her eyes. 

Taehyung is acting like himself... He's not being rude or anything..

They talked a bit and shortly after, Taehyung noticed Hana's gaze was on him. He turned and allowed his eyes to meet hers, Hana looking away quickly with a slightly pink smile. Taehyung couldn't help but give a boyish chuckle at her embarrassment. 

I was just turning to leave but was stopped as my entire body froze over. Taehyung's smiled grew a bit and he closed the space between him and Hana, pressing his forehead to hers, their noses brushing slightly. 

"What are you doing?" Hana spoke, nervously. 

"Checking your temperature, of course.." Taehyung spoke quietly. "You seem a little hot to me but you weren't a few minutes ago.."

Hana scoffed and tried to pull away but Taehyung held her head there gently with his hand on the back of her head. 

It was then that I decided if I was going to leave, it better be now. And so I did, slipping out just as quietly as I had slipped in and ran to my car. 

What was that? Does Hana like Taehyung then? Should I tell Hobi? No.. Taehyung acted like his childish self for the first time in ages just then... I can't ruin it... But they can't be like that... Does Hana really like Taehyung? 

I don't know anymore.. 

I regret seeing what I saw.

--

Hana and Taehyung...

No.

Hana and Hobi...

No. 

Hana and Yoongi? 

No! 

Just Hana. She should just be Hana. 

But really... Who does she like? Is it really Taehyung? If so.. Why? He's nothing but rude to her... Obviously not today but other times... He's nothing but rude... 

Besides, she rejected him. Very clearly. 

I jabbed the pause button on my playstation controller and glared at the screen. I have to tell someone. Someone needs to stop them if they decide to get close. Even if Hana doesn't like Taehyung, Taehyung needs to be stopped so that he doesn't completely break at the end of the contract. 

Namjoon.

I can tell him. He'll know exactly what to do. 

I unpaused the game and began playing, taking out my anger on all the computer guys that ran in front of me. After taking out a couple, I jabbed the pause button again and tossed my controller over beside me, grunting with disapproval. 

What do I with this information? 

What do I do about this?

I shouldn't tell Namjoon. He's already got his hands full with other things. He doesn't need to worry about Taehyung... 

Ugh. Why me? Why couldn't Jimin catch them or something? So much for taking care of a sick Hana. 

I jumped when my landline rang. Very rarely does anyone ever call it so of course I was forced to run and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Is this Kim Seokjin's house?"

"Yes this is Seokjin. Who are you, may I ask?" Voices are distorted over the phone but even then, I don't recognize this person at all.

"My name is Hyun Ki. Park Hyun Ki."

I panicked slightly. Isn't this Hana's brother? But how did he get my landline? Even Hana doesn't know my landline.

"How'd you get my landline?"

"Save that question for another time. What is going on between any of you and my sister?"

"Huh?" Did he see Taehyung and her as well? 

"Will you meet me?" 

"Meet you? What for?" 

"I'll be at the park near Hana's house. It's a little cold incase you haven't leftt he house so prepare for that."

"But-"

The line was dropped.

What the hell? 

--

GROUPCHAT

Yoongi: Did you meet with Hana's brother today, Jin?

Hoseok: Hana's brother? 

Jimin: Yeah, remember the chat earlier when Jin was panicking about meeting with him? 

Hoseok: OOoooh yeah

Jimin: I wonder how he got Jin's landline.

Hoseok: I don't even know his landline :')

Namjoon: No one uses landlines anymore. He's old.

Taehyung: Hana uses a landline

Hoseok: Does she really? 

Jungkook: Yeah. I noticed it last time I visited her. 

Yoongi: Who's old again?

Jimin: Haaaa

Namjoon: Other than Hana 

Me: Yeah, I met with her brother.

Namjoon: What'd he have to say?

Me: He was just worried about Hana. He knows she's always out and about and then heard she got sick.

Taehyung: Why didn't he just ask her himself?

Me: I don't know. Probably that sibling rivalry thing they have. He didn't seem to fond of letting Hana know that he was worried

Yoongi: Typical

Namjoon: OH YEAH, Yoongi, you met her family, didn't you? 

Yoongi: Yeah

Taehyung: Even her parents??????

Yoongi: Yeah. Her father took interest in me :P

Hoseok: ): 

Namjoon: Right..

Yoongi: Her brother was pretty laid back whenever her sister wasn't around though. When you put the two together, they like to tease Hana horribly.

Me: Makes sense.

Taehyung: :')

Me: regardless, it was a short conversation and we ended up friends in the end

Taehyung: Friends with Hana's sibling? I should try that

Hoseok: You should not

Yoongi: I agree with Hobi on this one

Namjoon: same

Taehyung: Why nott?!

Jimin: Because you're Taehyung 

Me: Go to bed, it's late. I'm tired of hearing my phone go off already

Yoongi: Same

Namjoon: Turn it off then

Me: Tch, fine, I will 

 

Now the POV chapters are over.. Back to Hana! <3 Thanks for reading! ~PandaBiscuit~