002

7 Bangtan Princes

"Hello?" I repeated into the phone. 

"Oh, hello, Park Hana?" A rather quiet voice came over the phone. "I'm sorry I didn't answer right away, I'm in a tough spot." 

"Then why'd you call?" 

"I need your help later today. My 1st and easiest of my 3 tasks." 

"Oh, you don't even want to meet me before I do them? You're taking a different approach." I stood up from the table and stood outside the building. "What is it?" 

"I need you to make an appearance at a party for me." 

"A party? Sounds easy enough, when--"

He cut me off. "Not just any party. It's a party strictly for business." 

"Business? Are you rich?" My eyes opened. "Like those dramas?" 

"My parents are, I'm not." He sighed with frustrated. I could hear his hurried steps down what sounded like stairs from my end. What is he doing? "My parents own some small company or whatever and it's apart of a bigger company. They were invited to go and they're dragging me along with them. I need you to show up." 

"Why? Can't you do this on your own? Just show up and go." 

"I can't do that. You see, I'm trying to make it as an idol and my parents don't believe I can be successful with that." 

"Again, why do you need me?" An idol? Goodluck on that. 

"To them, marriage to a wealthy woman is success." 

"I'm not wealthy."

"I'm aware. Listen, I'll explain whatever more you'd like to hear when I meet with you later. Just do this for me, okay? Go out and buy an expensive outfit. Don't worry about any prices, I will pay you back." 

"Listen--"

"With interest, if it takes that. I don't like using people either but this will keep my parents off my back for a little while so I can focus on practicing." 

"No, don't pay me extra. I'll go out and buy something and look wealthy for you. But I have a question before you go?" 

"What is it?" 

"Actually, two questions."

"What are they?" He sounded impatient. 

"One: Why do you want to be an idol." 

"Later." 

"Two: Who am I talking to?" 

"Jung Hoseok." 

"Jung Hoseok... Interesting name." I sighed, beginning my way towards the nearest bus stop. "What time are we meeting?" 

"You said two questions." He laughed a little. 

"Okay, sorry, last one." 

"Hm, 6pm. I'll pick you up at your place and we'll go from there. Be ready." 

"Do you kno--" He hung up before I could finish my sentence. Of course he'd know where I lived. All 7 of them probably do. And why is he hanging up on me? I'm the one suffering here. 

I slipped my phone into my pocket and sat on the bench for a while until the bus showed up, scaning my bus card and choosing the nearest seat. At least I'll have something better to do for these 6 months. 

"Ah." I hit my head with my palm and pulled out my phone, dialing Hyejin's number. But... Still no answer. "Did she die or something?" I sighed and opened Yoongi's contact. He wanted to do a task as well but he didn't bother asking me. Maybe I should bug him about it...

To: Min Yoongi

Hey. Didn't you want to get started on your first task?

I stared at the phone for a little while but eventually just put it into my pocket when he didn't answer, exiting as the bus came to a stop at my bus stop. Where to get a nice dress... 

I began my way down the street, glancing at the small clothing stores along the way but none seeming fancy enough. 

"Park Hana?" A voice sounded behind me and I turned, not surprised to see a rather handsome man stand before me. He must be another one. Who is he? Maybe he's Jung Hoseok? I don't know what Hoseok looks like... But the others didn't know what I looked like either. 

"That's me, who are you?" 

He broke into a smile, revealing small dimples. "Are you looking for your dress?" His dark eyes were probably the best feature he had besides a long but sharp jawline and tossled brown hair that was parted just off to the side. A long nose, high cheek bones, and a bright smile that revealed neatly spaced teeth. Why are they all so good looking? 

"Are you Jung Hoseok, since you knew about the dress?" I asked, hesitantly. 

"Of course." He smiled even wider. I didn't think he could smile wider if he tried. He sure seems like a happy person. "Do you want some help?" 

"How did you know I was here?" I smiled along, finding it hard not to smile when he was. 

He came closer and looked around. "I didn't. I was looking around to buy something to wear as well." 

"You don't have anything either?" I mumbled with surprise. He didn't look tall from a distance but he's taller than me up close... "Let's look together then, I feel that'll be the easiest."  

"Of course, now I can pay for you without issues." He chuckled, starting the direction I had already been heading. 

I caught up to him and walked at his side. "What were you doing earlier today? You sounded like you were in a hurry." 

He laughed nervously. "I caused trouble with my family and I was trying to leave before I got scolded." 

"I thought you were a good person but you cause trouble?" 

"It wasn't my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going and knocked some things over." He pointed to a brightly lit windowed shop. "Let's try there." 

I nodded and followed him inside, my eyes widening at all the fancy clothing. "Wow..."

"You too?" He looked at me with amazement. 

"What? You should be used to fancy clothing, your family is rich." 

"Oh, I thought you were wow-ing my looks." He winked. 

I gave him an odd look, my ears feeling all warm. "How funny. You go look for your own stuff." 

"No, no." He waggled his finger. "Let's look together." 

He wandered over to the back of the small shop and looked at the formal dressed, I decided to join him after a little while. "I can look on my own." 

"We can match outfits." He spoke as he the dresses hanging on the wall. 

"Ew, that's so cheesy." 

"I don't mean like match completely. I just mean with colors. Let's make our outfits appease each other." 

"Oh, makes sense." I gazed at the dress he stopped at and he glanced my way. 

"Do you like this one? I think it'd look good on you." He reached to grab the hanger but I stopped him. "What? You don't like it?" 

The dress was a thigh-high, lavender, and strapless with little white sparkles lining the bottom of the dress and the top of the chest area. It was pretty but it probably cost a fortune. "It's too pricey." 

"Don't think about the price. The more the better, remember?" He went to grab the top again but I pulled his arm and he sent me a slightly annoyed look. 

I let go quickly. "Yeah but that..." 

He grabbed the hanger anyways and held it up to me. "It's a good color for you. If you like it then let us get it." 

I sighed again and nodded. "Fine. Let's get it." 

He smiled with triumph and headed over to the other side of the store, looking through the men clothing now. I took my dress from him and followed him around as he made a few laps around the racks of clothes and then stopped at one. He touched the thick, black jacket hung up with the pants to go with. 

"I like this." He spoke to himself, cocking his head a little with a 'tsk.' "Since your dress is a more dark lavender... If I put on an orange undershirt to this jacket, that'd look cool." 

"Are you a fashion enthusiast?" I mocked him a little. 

"Of course." He laughed, picking up the jacket and pants he liked. 

He lead me over to the counter and paid for the clothes with a swipe of a credit card. "Another party?" The cashier smiled up at Hoseok. 

Hoseok sent a warm smile her way. "Yup."

"Is this your girlfriend? You've never gone anywhere with anyone other than the guys." She smiled at me. 

"She's my fiancèe, actually." He corrected her with a bit of hesitation. "Isn't she pretty?" 

I felt awkward but I smiled along with them. "She is, congratulations! When is the wedding? I didn't even know you were engaged... I thought we were friends." She placed the neatly boxed clothes on the counter. 

"The wedding isn't planned yet." He grabbed the boxes. "Thanks." 

She nodded and we left, Hoseok handing me my box. "You knew her?" 

"Of course. I know everyone." He nodded. "I have some things to wrap up. I'll see you at your place at the given time. Don't forget!" 

"I won't. And thank you." I spoke as he turned and walked quickly down the sidewalk in the direction we both came. He's easy to get along with. Jungkook and Hoseok seem to be the caring ones so far. I like them. Namjoon is too early to tell and I have a feeling Yoongi and I are going to clash. 

My phone rang and I put the box on the ground to grab it out of my pocket. Speaking of the devil. "Hello?" 

"Park Hana, you texted?" Yoongi mumbled over the phone.

"Yeah, what is your response?" I stared at the box at my feet. 

"Can you meet me here? Right now? This isn't my task, I decided I'd start that later. I want to get to know you, afterall, we're engaged for 6 months." He sighed, a radio was heard in the background of his call. Is he listening to EXO? I like EXO too... 

"Hey, is that EXO?" I got excited. 

"Yeah, but your answer?" 

Maybe we actually like similar things. One thing, at least. "When to when? I'm meeting with Jung Hoseok tonight for his first task." I smiled to myself. 

"Now to whenever you have to leave. Ah, my address is ______ _____. Just come in, I probably won't hear you knock." 

"Okay. Text me the address, I'll screw something up if I just rely on my memory." 

"Deal." He hung up, texting me moments later.

The mean guy asked me to hang out with him? It's legit only the first day of knowing these people. Well, then again, I haven't met the other half. I sound like such a player... 

--

I walked right into his house like he told me to and did not see him anywhere. I wandered around, gazing at the rather empty house. Is this even the right place? It's so empty... 

"This way." A voice sounded behind me and I jumped, turning to see Yoongi leaning against an archway of a hall that I has passed. 

"Oh, right." I blushed a little and followed him down the hall and into a larger room at the end. It was bedroom sized but the only things that sat in the room were a large, grand piano and a small stereo in the corner of the room with empty soda cans and a jacket. 

He glanced around and then at me. "What?" 

"I was just curious about your house..." I hesitated. "Why is it so empty? And what is this room?" 

"I don't like a clutter and I don't want many things." He explained, sitting on the piano bench. "And this was my bedroom but I decided to make it my piano room instead." 

"Oh, I see." I nodded awkwardly, not knowing where to stand or sit. 

He patted the bench. "Come sit here." 

I nodded again and sat beside him, trying to keep some space in between us but the bench was smaller than expected. "You play?" I mumbled. 

He nodded, turning to face the keys. He hovered his fingers over the keys but then pulled them away, glancing at me. "Can you?" 

I shook my head. "I only know what they taught me in elementary. And even then, I'm not that good." 

"Should I teach you? I can teach you piano these 6 months if that'd be fun." 

"You're not as mean as your first appearance." I sighed, smiling a little. "You're just an edgy guy." 

"Piano or what?" He smirked. I wonder what he looks like when he smiles. Probably even more handsome than he does now. 

"Yeah, that'd be fun." 

"Let's start then." He jumped right into it. "I've always wanted to teach someone piano." He put his fingers on three keys and pressed them down, revealing a very nice sounding chord. "This is a C chord." 

I stared at his slender fingers. I wonder how long he's been playing piano. "I have a question." 

He looked irritated but he stopped. "What?" 

"Why are you guys so quick on spending time with me and doing these tasks?" 

He glanced around before responding. "To tell you the truth, half of the tasks aren't important. They're for personal gain. The main reason we're doing this is for game." 

"Game?" 

"Who can make her fall the fastest sort of thing." He sighed. "To tell you the truth, myself and 2 others weren't interested in screwing with your feelings. We only agreed so we could get things done that needed your help." 

"That's rude." I pouted. "But who are the other two? You three must be the only considerate ones." 

"Well everyone is considerate. Just the guys remaining don't think about the issues it may cause you. And to put that you must leave as if you never knew us on the contract is contradictory to what they want anyways." He shrugged. "But it's myself, Hobi, and Namjoon." 

"Hobi? Who's Hobi?" 

"Oh, my bad, Hoseok. We call him Hobi." 

"Oh, the cheerful guy I met today. I like him, he's really fun." 

"He is." He chuckled a little. "But us 3 are only interested in your help and a friend for the time being. The rest, yes have tasks to do with you as well, but are also in it for competition. Take no notice of them." 

"Okay. I'm satisfied with that answer." I looked back to the piano and mimicked what he showed me before. "This right?" 

"You didn't even look long but you remember the chord." He nodded with approval. 

"I pick things up quickly." I winked, playing the chord. "I like it." 

"It's a major chord. Major is a bright sound." He moved his fingers and played another chord, one that didn't sound too pretty like the first. "This is a C minor chord. It's not as bright as the first and sounds dark, doesn't it?" 

"Agreed. Major=bright, minor=dark. Fun." I smiled as I went back and forth between the two chords in a different octave than he. 

"You're a cheerful person as well." He commented as he mimicked me just for fun. "And your smart." 

"And I like food." I stopped and looked at him. "We should eat before I go to the party with Jung Hoseok." 

He smiled, his smile was cute and bright. He does look better when he smiles. "Sure. Let me teach you a few more things and then I'll feed you." 

"Deal!" 

The two of us worked on chords and finger placements for about an hour before I remembered that I was supposed to meet him at 6 and it was already 4. 

"Min Yoongi, let's eat. It's almost 4:30, I meet him at 6." 

"How far do you live from here?" He agreed and stood up, stretching his legs as I did the same. 

"About 15 minutes by bus. It's not bad. I at least need a half hour to get ready so as long as I leave here by 5 then that'll give me some leadway." 

"How about ramen then? It's quick and I live near a convenience store." 

"Cup ramen!" I got excited. "Let's go do that." 

He went over to his corner with the stereo and put on the pale blue jacket that I remember him wearing earlier. "Let's go then." 

I followed him out of the room and out of his house. It was small and it was a house with many other homes around it but it was neat. We walked for about 5 minutes before we reached the store. He bought 2 things of cup ramen, heated them up, and sat us down at a small table next to the window.

"This is a good meal." I smiled. "I like ramen." 

"Me too. It's easy, quick, and has some flavor." He spoke quickly as he stuffed a bite into his mouth.

I did the same and was easily relaxed with the flavor that hit my tongue. "Min Yoongi." I mumbled after I had the first bite down. "Tell me about the ones I haven't met so I know what I'm going into, okay?"

"Who have you met?" He nodded, taking another bite quickly. 

"Jeon Jungkook, Kim Namjoon, Jung Hoseok, and you." 

"4 of us in one day must've ." 

"True. And like I've mention, Jung Hoseok is taking things quickly with his tasks so far." I smiled. 

"Well this means you still have Jimin, Taehyung, and Jin to meet." He glanced around as he finished off his bite before talking again. "Taehyung is weird, I doubt he'll contact you soon though. He's got some things going on. Jimin... Is Jimin. You'll have to meet him to know what he is like. And Jin loves food. Buy him food and he'll love you forever, honestly."

"Like me!" I laughed, finishing off the ramen quickly. "I love food." 

"I can tell." 

"Is that a fat joke?" I mocked. 

"Do you want it to be?" He took a few more bites and finished off his ramen as well, throwing the empty cartons away and sitting back down with a sigh. "That was just the right amount." 

"Hey, Min Yoongi." I rested my arms on the able and looked at him. "Let's do this, until you start your tasks, let's have piano lessons every Friday. Just once a week. Wait, there is 7 of you... What if I destinate every day for one of the 7 of you..." 

"No, no. Schedules like that won't work for people like Taehyung and Hobi. They can hardly follow their own plans." Yoongi shook his head. "But I agree with every Friday. It's not too often." 

"Perfect." I pulled out my phone and went to my calendar, marking a Friday for Yoongi and then having it set for every Friday after that automatically. 

"You're organized, hm?" 

"If I don't be, I forget." I put down my phone. "How is your family? It is complicated like Jung Hoseok's? Or sad like Jeon Jungkook's?" 

"My family is just a family. They live far from Seoul and I don't talk much with them, but I don't have any negative ties with them." He spoke bluntly. You expect me to believe that when you talk so bluntly? 

I shrugged. "Then that's that. I'm going to start heading home so I have time to get ready. Thanks for the ramen, I'll see you Friday." 

He nodded and watched me leave. I pulled out my phone and checked to make sure there were no more texts, which there weren't. So this Taehyung won't be contacting me for a while. That's good. What about the other 2? 

I hope I can pull off this party thing. He said it isn't something huge like the dramas so I'm a bit more confident. But who knows? 

Also... What type of business do they own? He said it was small but they were invited by the owner of the entire branch to the party... Isn't that good? 

--

My doorbell rang and I quickly finished putting on my eyeliner. I look fine right? I curled my hair and even put on make up... The dress fits well too. I ran out of the bathroom and sought out my white heels and slipped them on. First day is over after Hoseok's first task. This is going to be a piece of cake these 6 months. And then afterwards, I can just walk away like nothing happened. That's the best part. 

I opened the door and was taken back by his looks. He was already handsome but now that he was cleaned up and dressed up... He was really good looking. He flashed his white smile. "You look great, ready?" 

"Thanks, you too." I answered while nodding, grabbing my small handbag that had my phone already in it. "Let's go." 

He led me down he stairs and out his car. "I have a driver today, only for today." 

He opened the door to the back and waited until I got in before shutting it easily behind me and going around to the otherside, sliding in beside me. The driver began driving the second the door shut. 

Hoseok turned to me. "I'm sorry we're moving so quickly into tasks before I get to know you more. The party was changed to tonight since it was supposed to be next week." 

"That's fine. The sooner I can finish tasks, the sooner I'm done." 

"That is true, all this is just a burden to you." He sighed, glancing around for a moment before looking at me again. "I'll make you a deal." 

"A deal?" I glanced at him in returned, placing my hand bag in the middle seat between us. 

"For every favor you do for me, I'll do one for you in return. Let's make it fair." 

He really isn't in it for competition like Yoongi said. He seems pure enough. But then again, I can't see how Jungkook would be in it for competition either, he couldn't even talk to me without getting flustered. "Seriously?" 

"Yeah, seriously." He laughed. "What? Is it odd?" 

"A little." I sighed. "I'm not as complicated as the 7 of you seem so I don't have a lot of favors that are serious." 

"Do you get hungry?"

"Of course." 

"Then when you want food, call me and I'll buy you food." 

"What if it's at like 2am?" 

"It's a favor, isn't it?" 

I laughed as well. "Cool, I'll hit you up when I need food." 

He smiled again and fell silent again for a little while before ambushing me with a bunch of random questions. "What's your favorite color?" 

"Excuse me?" I gave him an odd look but he was looking out the window. "Either orange or green. I like them both." 

"Favorite animal?" 

"Uh... A fox." 

"Favorite month?" 

"January... I guess." 

"Favorite food?"

"Ramen..." 

He glanced at me, trying not to laugh. "Ramen?" 

"Yeah..." 

He turned back to the window. "Siblings?" 

"...Two." I hesitated. Why is asking all these questions? It's silly. 

"Favorite number?" 

"8." 

"You were quick on that one." He commented. 

"True." I shrugged a little. 

"Pets?" 

"I have a dog but not with me currently." 

"Favorite song?" 

"Uhm..." I thought for a moment. "I like Boyfriend's song... Boyfriend." 

He laughed again. "Favorite season?" 

"Winter." 

"Makes sense." 

"What?" 

"Favorite flower?" 

"Water lilies." 

"Question time is done." He concluded. 

"What were all those questions for?" 

"I'm getting to know you." He looked at me again. "Next time we meet, I'll ask you new questions." 

"Oh... Okay." I nodded. "That's a cute way of getting to know someone." 

He shrugged and sat up as the driver began speaking. "Hoseok, your mother wanted to give you a message, would you like to hear it now?" 

"Hyung, stop being stiff." Hoseok hit his shoulder a little with a smile. "Tell me." 

The driver laughed a little as well. They must be close. "She said that she expects you to stay the entire span of the party." 

Hoseok fell back into his seat a little with an annoyed sigh. "Okay. I don't get it, we're not even the host or nearly as important as anyone there. Why must we all go? Why must go?" 

"That's a question meant for your mother, not I." 

"But you're her friend, you should know." He mocked. 

"Cousin. I'm her cousin." He corrected.

He's family, okay. 

Hoseok ignored his comment. "This hyung isn't an official driver. Our family isn't that rich. She always sends him to drive me places when it's important." He explained. He must mean his mother. 

"Ah." I nodded again, the car falling silent for the rest of the way there. 

He pulled under an overhang of a rather large building and stopped the car. "Here." 

Hoseok got out quickly and ran to my side and opened my door before I could do it myself. I laughed a little and got out, Hoseok shutting the door behind me and watched the car drive off. 

"Remember three things while we're here." He began speaking. "One: We're not the host and we're not an important family so you won't be the only one feeling out of place. Two: We're engaged, try and be convincing, I will try as well. And three: Though it's a formal party, who cares? Have fun." 

I smiled widely and nodded, taking his arm as he offered it. "Sure. I wanted to be an actress, you know." 

"Then you should be good at this." He smiled as well and led me towards the big front doors of the building that led to the lobby. 

"I said wanted, there is a reason I didn't become one. Besides, every little kid dreams of becoming an actor or actress. Didn't you?" 

"No, I dreamed of being an idol." 

I bit my lip. "You've wanted that all your life?" 

"Yeah." 

"Then you'll be one some day." 

"Thanks." He walked towards the elevators. I panicked and tugged a little on our linked arms with my other arm. I can't do elevators... He looked at me with confusion. "What?" 

"How high up is the room we have to go to?" 

"It's on the 3rd floor." He gave another odd look. "Why?" 

"I can't ride elevators... But that's too far to walk up." 

"Huh?" 

"They're too small. I wouldn't say I'm claustrophobic but elevators is something I've never been able to do." 

"Ah..." He hesitated, looking around. "I know it probably doesn't help any but would it make you more comfortable if you had something to cover your eyes? I can't get rid of the feeling of being in one but maybe it'd be more calming to not be able to see?" 

"We can try." I nodded a little. "It would be more relaxing to not be able to see." 

He pulled his arm away and looked around for something. He started to walk off in a direction but then stopped and reached for his tie. He took it off quickly and came back over to me. "I'll tie it loosely, okay? Try not to think about where we're going. I would say to just close your eyes but you might panic and open them and panic even more." He gave me a reassuring smile before tying the tie over my eyes gently, careful not to ruin my makeup or my hair. 

"Look who is burdening who." I laughed nervously as he finished tying it. 

"It's not a burden." He spoke with a comforting voice. "Everyone has things they can't do. I'm glad you told me instead of panicking later on." 

He put his hands on other shoulder and led me around. I could tell he was trying to disorientate me because we went in a lot of circles and different directions. He's sweet. 

"I must look really silly." I giggled nervously as I felt the floor change, instantly knowing we were in the elevator. 

"A little, but so do I." He laughed warmly, putting a protective arm around my shoulders as the elevator moved. 

I was still very uneasy but for some reason, having my eyes covered and knowing he was there with me made the whole thing a bit more relaxing. Maybe it's more of a sight thing rather than a feeling? The feeling isn't as bothersome as knowing how small the place I was in was so maybe not being able to see was the cure to elevators this entire time? 

"Here." He announced, leading me out of the elevator quickly and guiding me away before he untied the tie from my eyes. "Did it help a little?" 

"It helped a lot." I kept my eyes low, embarrassed. "Maybe it's more of a sight thing." 

He quickly put on his tie and offered his arm again. "I'm glad it helped." He gave me a wink and lead me down a few halls before we approached the large dining hall. I tightened my grasp around my hand bag as I glanced at all the people here. It looks just like the scene from that drama where the poor girl was forced to a party by a rich guy. 

I glanced at Hoseok as he gazed around as well. I wasn't the only one uncomfortable, he looked very off-put. "Let's go." He took a deep breath and led me further into the room, finding a rather beautiful woman in a pale grey dress and a tight bun. She wasn't young but she didn't look old either, she looked great nonetheless. 

"Mother." Hoseok called out to the woman, shocking me that she was his mother. 

She glanced up from her wine glass and smiled, seemingly taking no notice of me as she put the glass down on the table and approached us. "Isn't this place amazing? I wish your father could improve our business to be as grand as this and be able to break free from the higher branch." She whispered and then she glanced at me, finally taking notice. "Wait, who's this?" 

Hoseok opened his mouth to answer but was interrupted as another beautiful woman in a dark blue dress and a man beside her approached. His mother smiled widely and bowed, Hoseok doing the same so I did as well out. Who are these people? 

"I'm very glad you guys could attend." The man spoke with a confident voice. 

Hoseok leaned in and whispered in my ear, "He's the host. He's very rich, watch what you say around him or it could end badly." 

I nodded curtly and watched as the woman spoke. "Who is this with your son? I thought you told me he wasn't seeing anyone?" 

Hoseok stiffened and spoke quietly to me again. "I forgot to give you the ring. I'm wearing mine but I didn't give you yours, here." He released my arm and reached into his pants pocket, slipping a ring into my hand. "Wear this whenever you're with me, hurry." 

I dropped my hand to my side and quickly slipped the ring on. It fits perfectly. How'd he know? 

"Ah, I don't know." His mother grew nervous. "Hoseok, I set you up with the chairman's daughter for tonight but I didn't know you'd bring a woman... Who is this?" 

The host looked a bit annoyed but listened to Hoseok anyways. "I'm sorry. This is my fiancèe... I didn't want anyone to know because I wanted the big reveal for my mother to be tonight at such an important event. I had no idea she has set me up with your daughter. I'll have to turn that offer down." 

His mother's eyes shot open and so did the other man's wife. "Fiancèe?" His mother repeated. 

"We'll come back in a moment to finish this conversation." The host smiled, almost with relief, and led his wife away. 

"Do you know what kind of strings I had to pull to get you a date with his daughter?" She turned to Hoseok, clearly frustrated. "He's a wealthy man and has a beautiful and important daughter... Do you know how hard it was to convince them that you were capable enough to see her? A family like that doesn't just let their children date anyone, you know. I wish you would have told me. Who's family is she? She looks well-off." 

Right, he told me she was looking for materialistic women for him. "I'll tell you about her later." He sighed. "I wouldn't want to see such a stiff person anyways." 

She nodded. "I agree, she was stiff, but she could've provided so much for you. Can this woman do the same?" 

"Yes." He answered quickly, a bit awkwardly as well. 

"Then that's all that matters. I just want you to marry someone who can provide for you so you aren't living in debt half your life like your father and I did." She smiled. She has the same smile as he does. "What is her name?" 

"Call her Hana. I'll give you her family name when I tell you about her later." Hoseok caught the loophole she had aimed for. 

"Smart. If you weren't so obsessed with being an idol, you would make an excellent business man." 

He looked bored with her talk. "We're going to go sit over there." He pointed to the table in the back. 

His mother gazed at my hand, probably searching for the ring, and nodded when she found it. "Okay. Make sure you stay the entire time. You're already a half hour late so you can manage the last hour or so. The host will be giving his speech in a few moments, make sure to be back at this table when he does." 

Hoseok nodded and guided me around the people and over to the seat, pulling out the chair for me before seating himself beside me. "That was close." He sighed. 

"What?" 

"If you didn't come tonight, I'd be forced to sit through a boring date with their daughter." He smiled a little. I could tell the conversation had taken a lot out of him because he was no longer as cheerful as he was before. "And did you see the way my mother raked your hand with her eyes? I'm glad I remembered in time." 

"She seems nice." I watched his mother interact with other people, giving the same smile to everyone she talked to. "I can see why she wants you to marry someone well-off now." 

"Oh whatever." He joked. "She just wants to be someone important. But yes, she's a very nice woman. I'm glad to have her as my mother." 

My phone vibrated and I pulled it out of my hand bag, placing that on the table as I glanced at my phone. "Speaking of parents, my mother is calling me. Should I ignore it?" 

"You can step out and answer it, it's okay." He pointed towards the doors we came in. 

I nodded, got up, and made my way quickly a crossed the room and out the doors, walking down the hall a little bit before calling her back. "Hello?" 

"Hana, where are you?" She sounded confused. 

"I'm out with a friend." 

"Hyejin?" 

"No, someone else."

"Good, you're not lying to me." 

"Huh?" 

"If you said Hyejin, I was going to scold you." She sighed. "Hyejin was at my house and I kept her there until she was completely sober. Hyejin and I are in your apartment, we have some things to ask you about. Oh, and we brought Nova." 

"Aw, you brought Nova? Is it my turn to keep her at my house?" 

"Yes now when are you going to be home?" 

"Uh, probably not for a while." I bowed in apology as a couple walked by, annoyed that I was on my phone. "Just leave Nova there and we can talk about whatever it is tomorrow." 

"Where exactly are you? And who are you with?" 

"I'm with a friend I met while out with Hyejin last night." I bit my lip. "We're at a party with his family." 

"His? This friend of yours is a male? And your with his family already?" She gasped. 

"It's not like that." I sighed. "I have to go, a speech is going to be made soon and if I'm not there, I'll embarrass his family." 

"Okay, okay. I'll leave Nova here and come over early tomorrow morning." She hung up. Yes! I get Nova this week. Nova is my dog that I share with my mother. We trade her off every week so she always has someone to spend time with. 

I turned my phone off completely and hurried back into the room to see Hoseok at a different table. He motioned me over and I sat in between him and his mother, a man that I assumed to be his father sat on the otherside of his mother. 

"Is everything okay?" He whispered as the host took to the podium in the front of the room. 

"Yes." I nodded, slipping my phone back into my hand bag that he had grabbed for me. 

His mother turned to me. "Ms. Hana, after the party tonight, I would like to know a bit more about you, is this okay?" 

I looked at her and opened my mouth to say something but Hoseok spoke first. "Later. She has to meet her mother after the party." He threw a wide smile towards his mother and then reached for my hand, holding it and resting our joined hands in his lap, clearly visible for his mother. 

"Okay, then, some other time. I'd like to know who my daughter-in-law is before the wedding though." She spoke and then went silent as the host began speaking into the microphone on his podium. 

Much of what he said went over my head because it was about business and sales and all that but I made sure to show interest when everyone else did. Hoseok released my hand halfway through the speech and leaned into my ear, keeping his eyes on the speaker. 

"His speech is going to go on for a while and then he'll probably bring someone else to speak up there for a while as well. The second the entire thing is done, we're sneaking out, okay?" 

"But your mother said to stay the entire time." 

"I can't do that. I'm bored." He complained. 

I laughed quietly. "Me too, I agree with your proposal."

"Good, we should--"

"Hoseok." His mother snapped at him and he sat up quickly. 

I bit my lip to keep from smiling in case she'd snap at me too. As the speech droned on, I could tell Hoseok was finding it harder and harder to stay quiet and still. How can one person have so much to talk about? 

Hoseok predicted right and the host stepped away while someone else came to talk, waiting until the clapping calmed down in which I clapped whenever Hoseok did. I stole some glances at Hoseok, hoping he was thinking of a way to escape early, but he just stared blankly at the speaker, not even bothering to hide his boredom.

This place all his cheerfulness out of him. I didn't think that was possible since the second I met him he's always been cheerful. I have a feeling Yoongi and Hoseok will become some close friends of mine during these 6 months. I can't say anything about the other 5 though. I haven't spent any time with them yet. But that's okay, it's only day one. 

"You must really like my son, you can't keep your eyes off him." His mother commented through a clap sequence. 

"Huh?" I blushed a little.

She smiled and focused back on the speaker. Hoseok gave me a humerous look and nodded at the door, mouthing soon. I smiled a little and focused on the speaker as well, again, his words going completely over my head. I wonder if Hoseok understands any of this business stuff. He doesn't seem like the type that would care but he might still understand. 

Hoseok's head suddenly dropped, catching the attention of his mother and I. "Hoseok." His mother whispered. 

I could see a smile twitch on his face but he hide it as he brought his face up, his eyes meeting his mother's with a frown.

"What's wrong?" She spoke again. 

He flicked his eyes towards me as if urging me to say something. I get it now. Smart. I turned to his mother with a frown. "He wasn't feeling well earlier, it must be getting to him again." I whispered.

"Is he ill then?" She looked as if she wasn't completely convinced. 

I nodded. "Do you mind if I take him home? I don't want him getting sick in here and embarrassing you." 

She sighed quietly and nodded as well. "Take him home and feed him something with hot broth. He gets headaches easily and they can get to the point where it makes him feel sick to his stomach. He just needs rest." 

I turned to Hoseok with a smile and he smirked a little as well as the two of us got up and quietly left the room, Hoseok straightening when we were out of view. "I'm glad you caught on." He mumbled. 

"It's pretty simple to." We stood there for a while, contemplating what we should do next but we weren't given the time as I glanced behind to see his mother watching us with her head shaking. 

"Run!" He laughed, taking off down the hall. 

I gave a huff, slipped off my heels, and took off after him as well. 

I smiled widely as I watch him hurry through the door of the stairwell but by the time I got there, he was already down a flight. Sheesh, he can run. I took my time until I heard a few guys shout Hoseok's name and come through the stairwell door as well. What the heck? 

I picked up the speed and made sure to keep distance between the men and I. I didn't know I'd have to run a marathon at this party. 

I eventually met up with Hoseok at ground floor, both of us panting. He still gave a smile and spoke easily, "Those guys are always with my mother when we go to important places, they look all important and stuff but they're friends of my father who keep me from escaping places." 

"Makes sense." I huffed as he guided me quickly out of the stairwell and out a different door that we had first entered. 

We wound up in a parking lot and left to search for the car. I winced as the cold hit my feet and let go of his hand so I could put on my heels. 

Hoseok pulled out his phone and dialed someone. "Hyung, where are you and the car?" 

I stared nervously behind us and through the small door window as two men looked around in the lobby. They don't even look that scary. They're probably way older than Hoseok. I guess it's not meant to scare people but to catch him. 

"Bring the car up to the back door that leads to the lot. I stayed at the party for a good hour or so, it's okay that I'm leaving now. Just hurry cause mother brought father's friends again."

He hung up and within moments the car was in front of us. He opened the door for me and I got in quickly so he could slide in as well. The two men spotted us but it was too late cause the car was already moving. 

"Nice." He sighed. 

"Ms. Hana, don't be too alarmed, this is normal for him. He did something similar earlier today as well and made a similar escape." The driver smiled in the mirror at me. 

I caught my breath and placed my hand bag on the middle seat again. "I can see why you'd escape so much." 

Hoseok nodded, catching his breath as well and watching out the window as he spoke. "My mother tries to keep me at things like that in hopes that it will spark something in me to be a business man. I'm just not cut out for things like that though." 

She just wants him to live well off but sadly, he's not the type to take the easy way through life. But that's a good thing.

We were silent the entire ride until we arrived at my apartment complex. He did the same thing as last time and ran around to open my door for me. He shut the door when I got out and leaned against the car with his arms crossed to his chest. "Guess what?" 

"What?" I held my hand bag with both hands and faced him. 

"Task one, done!" He held a hand up to his face.

I gave him a hesitant high-five. "First task is done in one day, pretty cool." 

He smiled again and bobbled his head a little, his hair swishing a bit. "Thank you, Ms. Park Hana. My next task takes time so don't worry about it for a while." I turned to leave but he began speaking again. "Green, dog, February, kimchi, older sister, 7, a dog, any GD song, Spring, and sun flower." 

I turned again and looked at him. "What?" 

"Those are my answers to the questions I asked you." He pushed himself off the car and opened the passenger's door. "I remember your answers as clear as day. You better remember mine. I'll quiz you someday." 

I laughed, watched him get in the car, and waited for it to drive out of sight before I went inside and up the stairs to my apartment. I entered my apartment and jumped as my mother and Hyejin stood there, watching me. 

"Who was that?" Mom asked. "He looked rich, he didn't even drive. But he spoke of such silly things." 

"I thought we were meeting tomorrow?" I yanked off my heels and placed them on the ground near the door. "That's my friend." 

"You look beautiful, whoa..." Hyejin smiled widely at me. "Who bought you such a nice, expensive dress." 

"My friend." I glared at her. "I need to talk with you, badly. Why'd you disappear all day?" 

"I told you, she was passed out at my house of all places! All day!" 

I shook my head. "Hyejin, you are in some trouble." 

She smiled and picked up little Nova. Nova was a highland white terrier and loved to be picked up. I saw her tail wag viciously in Hyejin's arms. 

"I missed my Nova!" I squealed and took her from Hyejin, accepting the dog kisses. 

"You got some talking to do with me too." Mom frowned. "But I'll let you talk with Hyejin tonight and then I'm coming tomorrow to talk with you." 

"Deal." I smiled around Nova's big head. "You're so cute!" I buried my nose in her fur and put her on the ground. "I'm going to go take a shower. Hyejin, don't you dare leave." 

"Okay." She held up her hands with "ok" signs.

"Good. See you tomorrow, mom." I waved as I disappeared into the bathroom. 

At least a hectic day ends with a happy reunion with Nova. 

Hopefully tomorrow isn't as hectic and no one contacts me. I really don't want to meet any of them for a while. 

 

~PandaBiscuit~