041

7 Bangtan Princes

"You really ." Yoongi sighed, staring at the keys helplessly. 

"Wow, way to be encouraging." I grumbled, pulling my fingers from the keys. 

Yoongi sat down on the bench beside me, pressing the C key. "Do you know what this key is?"

"It's C." I sighed. "Stop being sarcastic with me."

He smirked a little and gestured for me to press it as well. He moved his hand to A, then to F, and then to E before watching me mimic him.

"Why those notes? I know what they all are." I mumbled, playing the notes again. 

"What are they?" 

"C, A, F, E." I spoke, pressing the keys they belonged to as I said the letters. 

Yoongi lifted an eyebrow, cocking his head slightly. "Good job. Do you understand?

"Understand what? I already knew them." 

He gave another funny look and repeated the same letters on the piano, giving me a questioning look afterwards. 

"What? I don't get it." 

"Thick-headed per usual.." He sighed, looking back to the keys, pressing the same keys in that order over and over. "Think about it.. If you don't get it, then I guess we don't have to go anywhere after this." 

"Yoongi, I don't get it." I pouted. What do the notes have anything to do about us leaving? 

Yoongi got up and left. "Tell me when you understand."

"Ugh.." I sighed, pressing the keys over and over. 

I don't get it.. Wait.

"C.. A.. F.." I spelled out loud, a cheesy smile appearing on my lips. "Cafe. He asked me out just now, didn't he?" 

"Good job." He laughed from the door way, startling me as I thought he had exited the room. "You're stupid." 

"How the hell do you expect me to understand that?" I laughed, putting the cover over the keys. "Why'd you choose to ask me out that way?"

"Why not? It was something new." He rubbed the back of his neck. "You at piano though."

"I know. Let's go, I want to go!" I got excited, my smile never ceasing. "You're cheesy." 

"I know." He laughed, following me out. 

"If I weren't so happy, I'd hit you. Way too cheesy." I mumbled. 

"Don't be happy. It's just for an apology. Nothing more." He stated quickly.

"I know. I'm still happy." 

He stayed quiet, keeping just a simple nod as we headed out to his car.

We worked with the piano for an hour today. And I still . I think I was better at piano the last time I tried it than I am now... 

I got into his car, a smile still plastered on my face as we buckled in. "I spent a little bit of yesterday with Taehyung and So Ra. Then the rest of the day I was with Hyun Ki."

"Your brother?"

"I know, shocking right? He was nice yesterday so I enjoyed it." I watched out the window as he drove. "We went fishing and I caught a fish. But I gave it to my mom and then we went and had sushi. We even went to our old school and just sat there and talked. I drank a little but nothing heavy. It was relaxing." 

"Are you sure you didn't go on a date with your brother?" He joked. 

"Maybe." I shrugged. You're really good at pretending nothing happened... You did say you do it often so what did I expect? I want to talk to you about like Hyun Ki said.. But what if you really just want to forget everything? 

"What about your sister?"

"What about her?" I scoffed just at the thought.

"You should try and hang out with her. Maybe she isn't as bad either." 

"She's worse. Way worse. And just because I hung out with Hyun Ki, doesn't mean he's a good brother." 

"Siblings should always stick together." Yoongi sighed, turning sharply. 

"Ah, what the hell?" I glared at him when my head hit the window. "Why are you being a crazy driver?" 

"You'll need your siblings some day and they won't be there for you." He warned. 

Too late. I already need them. But for once, you're wrong Yoongi. Hyun Ki will always be one step ahead of me and ready to catch me. I may hate his guts, but I know this about him. That childish idiot.. Will always be there for me when I need him most. 

 I wanted to fire back at him with something about his family but I decided against that immediately. 

No fights. No fights. 

"So, what have you been up?" I changed the subject. "Miss me?" 

He didn't answer nor was he showing any sign to answer anything I asked. 

"Okay, we can talk later then." I sighed. 

We drove in silence until we reached a cafè that I hadn't yet been to. This place is cute. It was small and fairly slow business wise but it had a relaxing atmosphere. The only people inside were people were either just grabbing their coffee fix for the day or studying with their books or computers. 

We took out seat by the window, across from each other. "What do you want?" He asked, rolling up his sleeve slightly but then yanking it back down. 

I frowned. That gesture was almost like he forgot. 

"I know what you want." He changed his mind, getting back up to go over to the counter. 

I smiled a little to myself and put my head down to hide it. Just because he remembered what I like, doesn't mean I should be touched. Stop Hana. He probably knows all of the boys' as well. I'm not special.

"What're you doing?" Yoongi came back, placing our drinks on the table. "If you want something to eat then I can go get something but I didn't know if you ate or not." 

I picked my head up and rubbed my eyes. I didn't eat but it's fine. I won't inconvenience you too much today. "I'm good, thank you." 

He took off his lid and blew on it a bit, sipping from the cup soon after and then re-applying the lid. I smiled slightly as well and sipped my drink. 

Exactly what I like. 

Should I try and get him to talk about it now? What if it ruins the date? Wait, it isn't even a date. He just asked me out. 

But isn't that technically a date? 

It's not a date. A man and a woman can hang out without it being a date. 

"Hana." He peered at me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I met his gaze for a little bit before focusing it on the table. 

"I'm going to go out with you fairly often from now on." He announced, my heart nearly jumping out of my chest. What? "And I'm going to stop being cold to you. But you can't get the wrong idea. I'm only doing it because we have little time left."

"I won't. You made your point very clear." I cleared my throat, beyond happy with what he told me even though he techincally just rejected me again. "Every day?"

"I'd be broke if it were every day." He shook his head. 

"We don't have to do things that cost money."

"I also refuse to hang out with you every day." 

"Why?"

He cocked his head slightly and gave me an amused look. "You're like a mix between Hobi and Jimin. Way too much energy, talks too much, and always wants to do something. I can only take so much of you three before I get exhausted." 

I smirked a little. "I'm cooler than those two though." 

"You wish." He sipped his drink carefully. 

"You know it's true." I sighed, sipping mine as well. 

"Where do you want to go after this?" 

"More?" I raised an eyebrow, shocked. "I feel honored." 

"Where to?" 

"I dunno." I glanced around, hoping for ideas but there was literally nothing to trigger anything. 

"We could go to Namson tower." He suggested. 

"That's for romance though." I glared at him. 

"Doesn't have to be but fine." He huffed, rubbing his forehead. "Then we can just end it here." 

"No!" I protested. "We can... Just watch movies at my house."

"That's not going anywhere."

"You're going somewhere." I shrugged. 

He bit his lip and then nodded. "Fine, you got me with that one."

I nodded a little as well, tapping my finger on the table as I sipped my drink once more.

Yoongi cleared his throat. "Hana, why are you being cold to me?"

"Cold? I'm not." I disagreed. 

"But you are." He countered. 

"Let's see..." I thought a moment. "I was told to stay the hell away from you, kissed without my consent, then rejected mulitple times, told me to pretend nothing happened, and then you even left me at a school yesterday. I feel like I have plenty of reasons to be cold right now." 

He put his face into his palms and groaned, messing up his hair a little with frustration. "Kissed without your consent? Are you actually angry about that?"

"Not necessarily but I can be."

"I'm trying so hard to just get through this day without fighting... You're pushing every last nerve in my body right now."

"You're trying!? I should be saying that!" I yowled, immediately regretting it as the eyes of the people in the cafè landed on me. I put a hand over my eyes to shield myself from seeing them. 

We both sat there, holding our heads in our palms for a while. But we eventually got over it, finished our drinks, and left to go to my house. 

"Yoongi." I started the second we started driving away. "I'm declaring war on you."

"War?" 

I looked at him. "I'm going to start revolting against your words."

"Haven't you been doing that already?" He sighed. 

"Probably." I lost confidence in what I was saying and watched out the window with a pout. "We're going to fight every day aren't we?"

"Probably."

"I want it to go back to how we were before karaoke with Ji Ho. Better yet.. I wish I didn't invite you that day or.. I wish you just didn't show up." 

Yoongi stopped talking, my heart sinking when I registered what I just said. I didn't mean it like that. Now it just sounds like everything is his fault.. I mean, he is partially at blame but it wasn't all his fault... 

"I didn't mean it like that." 

No response. 

Nice job Hana. 

--

"Do you want po--" I glanced over at Yoongi as I spoke only to be silenced when he was asleep. "Can't we make it through one damn movie?" I tried to be mad but I just couldn't help but smile at how cute he looked right now. "Right.. We get along better when the other is unconscious." I scooted closer and brushed the stray hairs out of his face, getting ready to get up and leave when he grabbed my hand and held me in place. "You're not asleep?"

His eyes remained closed as he spoke. "I'm sorry. Just for a little bit." 

I shifted a bit and cuddled into him, allowing his head to rest on my chest. I just hoped that he couldn't hear how hard my heart was beating. "Are you upset?" 

He didn't answer. Everyone needs to rely on someone every now and then... I'm just glad he decided to rely on me once more. I brought my hand up and combed his hair with my fingers. 

"Your forehead is hot." I exclaimed with a frown. "Are you feeling okay?" 

He shook his head lazily. 

"When did you start feeling sick?" 

"I don't know, last night probably." He sighed. "But it isn't anything bad."

"You should be resting then, idiot." I scolded. "Can we talk? Since you're relaxed."

"Talk about what?" 

"Us." 

He tried to get up but I didn't let him, holding his head hostage. "Ah, stop it." Yoongi grumbled, trying to wriggle free as a smile crept on his face. 

I smiled too and shook my head. "Nope. I want to talk. And you're relaxed and comfortable." 

He stopped moving around and glanced up at me, a tiny smile still present. But it was more mocking than anything. "Then talk, before I escape." 

"You can't escape me." I laughed.

"Wanna bet?" Before I could respond, Yoongi slipped out of my grasp, sat beside me, and trapped me in his arms instead. 

"What the hell?" I blushed, wriggling to try and free myself. "You can move quickly when you want to.."

"That I can." He chuckled, changing positions so that he was sitting with his legs out on the couch and me situated in between his legs. His arms rested comfortably on my shoulders.

I relaxed my head into his chest with a cheeky smile. "Yoongi, you're acting really different right now. Are you sure we're trying to pretend like nothing happened?"

He took a deep breath before responding. "Just for now." 

"Why not other times?" I pouted, moving my head to look up at him. "Can't we try? If it doesn't work out then we have a whole year to get over it and when I come back, we can be friends again. And if it does.. Just think of the year as a vacation. I won't be gone forever." 

"People get attached to other people easily." He met my soft gaze with a light smile. "I don't want to get in the habit of being closer than normal to you and then having you gone one day." 

He seems like a completely different person right now.. I looked away, shutting my eyes. "I guess that's true. But we're acting like this now and we can't guarantee not acting like this again. Besides.. I'm already attached to you." 

"And I to you." He admitted. "But I don't want the attachment to become intimate." 

Too late. "Well, anyways, I know your feelings and you know mine. And ultimately, you seem to be in charge with what happens between us." I sighed deeply, staring at his surprisingly large hands. "If I try to do something like this with you, you get mad. But if you do it to me first.. Then it's fine. How unfair." 

"Because we shouldn't be doing it." 

"Then why are we doing it now?" 

He didn't answer, remaining completely still for a while before slipping away from me and sitting on the other couch. I sat up and frowned, watching him settle himself in and focusing his eyes on the TV, which I forgot was still running. 

"You're right." He mumbled. 

You were so warm.. And comfortable.. I felt so happy like that. Don't go away. 

I crossed my arms to my chest and pouted, staring at Chico lying on the floor, asleep. I just had to say something, huh? "Yoongi.. You've been happier lately, right?" 

He didn't respond. 

"You seem to be." I answered myself. "Have you done anything with Nana? She wants to do things with you, I'm sure."

Still no response. I threw my head back against the couch and wriggled around, throwing a tiny fit of frustration. 

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked, clearly amused without even looking back at me.

"No." I settled down, staring blankly at the TV with my mouth slightly ajar. "You said you don't want to get attached to me but you're going to take me out a lot before our contract is over?" 

"Intimately. I'm tricking myself into viewing you as just any person." 

I don't want to be just any person to you.. But you clearly wish I was. Could this possibly be worse than rejection? Knowing someone likes you but also knowing that they hate very second of it? 

"Well, Yoongi, I'm going to do that too." I announced, crossing my legs on the couch. "I'll ignore everything too."

"By the way.. Earlier you said something about coming back after the contract. You made it sound like you're leaving the area, not just seeing us again." He looked back at me with curiousity. "Are you going somewhere?"

"No." I answered calmly. "I'm not." 

He nodded slowly and went back to watching the TV. What will life be like away from them again?

Boring, simple. 

I nearly jumped off the couch when my phone rang. "Who's calling my landline?" I mumbled, getting up and taking it off the holder on the wall, answering. "Hello?"

"Hana!" Hyejin yowled through the other end. 

"Ow, what?" I laughed, stealing a glance at Yoongi. "Why are you calling my landline?" 

"You wouldn't answer your damn phone." She scolded. "Ji Ho and I are going to go out clubbing, wanna join?"

"No thanks." 

"Oh my god, why!? You never want to do anything with us! And the last time you did, you left early with Yoongi!" 

"Eh!" I stopped her, angrily. "I'm already busy!"

"I swear to-- Is it one of them?"

"Yeah." I leaned a shoulder against the wall. 

"Hana!"

"I have less than 3 months with them, Hyejin. Can't you hold up until then?" 

"No!" 

"Sorry." I sighed. "I have to go."

"Well regardless. I passed the other one today, you know, the one that went clubbing with us last time, Taehyung. He had a kid with him, you might want to be wary around him. I think he's had an affair and got some girl pregnant." 

"Taehyung doesn't have a kid." I mumbled, smirking at Yoongi's bewildered gaze. 

"Who's is it then?" She mumbled as well, the music taking over on her end as it grew hard to hear her. 

"Just someone he cares for." I shook my head. "It's too loud. I'm letting you go. By the way, it is WAY too early to be clubbing."

"We're not yet!"

"Then turn the music down!"

"Oh come on, we're just having fun." 

"Ugh, whatever. Talk to you later." I hung up, hanging the phone back up, and then sat on the couch Yoongi was on. He gave me a nasty look. "What?"

"Why are you over here?"

"Because it's my house." 

He got up and went to the other one, giving me another dirty look when I followed. "What are you doing?" He sighed, frustration tinting his voice. 

"I want to sit with you." I smiled innocently. "Can't I do that?"

"No." He answered, standing up. 

"Why not?" I stood up as well, crossing my arms to my chest. "We're friends, Yoongi. Friends can sit beside each other without motives." 

"But you have one."

"What? Me!?" 

"Yes, you. I can see it in your eyes." He pushed my forehead back with just his index finger. "Your eyes are scary." 

"I don't have one." I denied, frowning. 

Yoongi's eyes drooped a little and he sighed, giving up and sitting back down. "I'm too tired to fight with you." 

Good. We fight too much. 

I rubbed my arm awkwardly and sat beside him. "Do you feel more sick than the last time I asked you?" 

"Just tired." He shook his head. "I'm staying the night."

"W-what? Why? I don't think you should do that since we--"

"What? You stayed the night at my house all the time." He smirked, mocking me easily. "I liked you then, you liked me then, what's the difference now?" 

"Just... Fine." I nodded slowly. "You can have my bed though. But it isn't even close for sleeping so you better not fall asleep right now."

He pouted slightly. "I'm tired though." 

"Probably because you're sick."

"I'm always tired, sick or not." He shrugged a little. 

Right. I forgot. "Do you want something to eat?" I really hope he does because I'm starving but I don't want to eat alone. 

"No thanks." 

You've got to be kidding me... I know he doesn't eat much but I just hoped for this one time... "Are you sure? Maybe you're sick because you haven't eaten all day?"

"I had a few pieces of bread with Nana before I called you out."

"You call that breakfast?" I huffed. "You need food.. You're getting too thin." 

"I eat when I want." He glared at me a moment. "If you're hungry, just eat. When have you been shy to eat in front of me?"

I blushed, staring at my hands. You're right. When the hell did I become such a reserved person around him? 

"I'm not. I was just being nice." I stood up once more and left for the kitchen quickly. 

I searched my kitchen for food but finding absolutely nothing. I should've made him buy me stuff at the cafè.. I need to go grocery shopping. Chico padded into the kitchen and stared at me, whining slightly. 

"Are you hungry?" I mumbled, looking for his food but finding that we were out of that too. "Hyun Ki must've fed you before you guys went out today.. I swear I had more than that left.."

Yoongi joined me in the kitchen, glancing around. "No food?"

"None." I grumbled. "Wanna go grocery shopping?" 

"You can." He gave an innocent smile. "I'll stay here." 

"Why are you so keen on staying in my house?" I huffed, slipping on a coat and my shoes. 

"Because you're keen to stay in mine." 

"Fair enough. I'll be back." I waved and slipped out of the house, taking a deep breath as I hurried down the stairs. 

It's so hard to breathe around him nowadays.

--

I barged through my door, panting as I hurried into the kitchen and dropped the groceries on the counters. 4 full bags is a new record.. This should last me a week. I got lots of ramen and a few bags vegetables and canned food to fix up later. Chico's food.. I think I got most of everything.

I wonder what Yoongi occupied himself with.. I shook my head as I put away the groceries and fed Chico. I'll eat once I check on Yoongi. I want to make sure his fever didn't raise. 

"Yoongi, how is your fe--" I stopped when I noticed he was asleep on the couch. To be honest, I wasn't even surprised anymore. I figured he'd sleep eventually. There hasn't been a time he came over here for a while and actually stayed awake the whole time afterall. 

I made my way over to him carefully and brushed the hair away from his face as I put my palm to his forehead. Feels about the same. He's sweating a lot though. 

Why do you have to look so sick in front of me? I want to get over you.. 

I hurried back into the kitchen, damped a towel with cold water, and came back out to the living room, sitting on the floor in front of the couch. "Why are you sick?" I pouted, dabbing at the beads of sweat along his hair line. 

He let out a ragged breath, basically announcing that he was awake. 

"How do you feel? Do you feel hot?" I asked, keeping my voice low. 

His eyes remained closed with lips pursed. "I feel fine."

"You don't look fine." I countered, pulling the towel away. "Are you sure you don't just want to go home and rest? You need it." 

"I can rest here then."

I nodded to myself. "You can, I guess, as we've established earlier." I dabbed his forehead again before standing up. "Do you want to sleep then? I'll take back what I said earlier and allow you to sleep this early since you're sick. You can use my bed, it'll be more comfortable for you." 

"You're talking to the person that sleeps on the floor most of the time." Yoongi opened his eyes a little and focused on me with a small smile. "Hana, do you want to sleep with me?"

"You are crazy?" I yowled, crimson creeping onto my face once again. "Even when you're sick, you're set on teasing me!" 

He let out a soft chuckle. "I'm kidding." 

"Go sleep." I sighed. "You want to, don't you?" 

"I'm not tired."

"You've become such a liar." I shook my head with disappointment. "I'm taking it all back and giving you permission. Go, go!" I ushered him to get up but he didn't move. 

"Hana." Yoongi sighed, closing his eyes slowly. "Has anyone ever told you how loud you get when you're flustered?"

"Excuse me?" 

"You're being very loud." He repeated. 

"Tch." I smiled shyly and put the rag on the table, sitting down on the floor once more. "Yoongi, how do you feel lately? We haven't really talked much about you and I want to know. Have you been okay?" 

He opened his eyes once more and moved his head so that it was sitting on the edge of the couch, slightly closer to me. Another thin smile arced his lips. "I'm okay. My parents haven't said anything more about removing me from the register and no one has really bugged me." 

"No breakdowns or anything?" I asked sincerely. 

"With or without bad things happening around me, those will never leave." The smile vanished. "It just happens."

"I know." I nodded. "But they can get less frequent, that's why I ask. It seems like you've been okay though lately, like you're telling me."

"I'm also good at hiding things." He mumbled.

"Did you hide things from me just now? Did you lie?" 

"I didn't."

"Can I believe you?"

"You can believe me." And the smile returned, warming my heart little by little. "Just this once." 

"Only this time?" 

He nodded slightly. "I'm a liar that hides behind walls I put up to keep my insanity to myself. Don't trust me. Only this once can you."

"I don't believe that." I offered a thin smile of my own. "You put up walls and hide.. And you lie about how you feel. But you never lie when it comes to someone else. You're very blunt and honest. You care about other people but you don't like to show it. I trust you on a lot of things. But when you're talking about yourself," I shook my head once more, "You're right, I don't trust you very much. But only this once. Because I do trust those words." 

"Do you know what saying I grew up with?"

"Hm?"

"I live to perfect the way I die."

"Get a new one." I spoke immediately. "I don't like it."

"Me either." He admitted easily, sitting up. "Do you want to write a song with me?" 

"Write a song? I'm not very good at that stuff." I shook my head, standing up to stretch.

"I'll help you." He peered at my face, hopeful. "It'll be fun." 

"I don't know much about that stuff though. I'll just be sitting there." 

He shook his head and repeated, "It'll be fun."

"I guess then." 

"Get me a pen and paper then." He broke into a gummy smile, my heart thumping just with the sight. 

"Did you ever use those pictures for a song?" I asked as I went over to the end table and opened the drawer, digging through the mess to find my small pad of paper and a pen. I shook up the pen and tested it on the first page by scribbling a bit until it worked. 

"That's what I'm going to do right now." He mumbled, glancing at me as I sat beside him and put the paper and pen in his lap. 

"What do I do now?" 

"Give me a prompt." He switched to a different page and hovered the pen above the paper, waiting. 

I grabbed his phone off the coffee table and went into his pictures. He put his pen down and stole it from me, startled. "Yah, what was that for?" I glared at him. "I was going to look at the pictures."

"Let me do it.." He hesitated, scrolling through the different folders before tapping on the one he titles 'song'. 

"Why? Do you have inappropriate pictures?" I teased, taking the phone back.

"Not even." He smirked along with me. 

"Now I'm curious." I sighed as I scrolled through the pictures. "You take nice pictures." After a while, I picked one of the open view we had to the ocean when we were at the highest point of the trail. "This one. It shows a lot of cool things." 

He stared at it a little bit. "I guess. It looks empty."

"Empty?" I gave a funny look and stared at the picture once more. "There is so much! You have the sky, the trees over here, the ocean.. Look, even more hills!" 

"But no emotion." 

"Huh? Can't you create emotion with these things?"

"Lonely," He pointed to the ocean. "Sad," He pointed to the trees. "Abandonment," He pointed to the hills. "Let me rephrase, there are no happy emotions. I have enough depression music as it is." 

"Oh.. We view things so differently." I frowned. "The ocean can also mean fullfillment since it is so large. And the hills could mean adventure. The trees can mean life.." 

"The light changes everything. Focus on the lighting and you'll see what I see." He shook his head. 

"What about the sky then? You didn't say anything about that." 

"No one wants to hear music about the sky." He chuckled, swiping the picture aside a few times before landing on the one he stole of me. 

"Oh my god, I told you to delete that!" I yowled, trying to delete it myself but he stole his phone back with one of the biggest grins I've ever seen him with. 

"I can write a song about you." He pointed to the picture. "Look how weird you look, there are so many emotions here." 

"Delete it!" I tried to get to the phone but to no avail as he always pushed me away. "Yoongi-ah...!" 

"I'm gonna write you a song that you can remember me by." He chuckled once more, turning off his phone and putting it elsewhere. 

"What do you mean?" I grumbled. "I'm going to come back anyways." 

His smile disappeared and he got to writing; my name being the first thing written at the top. What is he thinking? I want to see through him. 

"Don't write a song about me." I complained. 

"Why not? You're the perfect person to write one about." 

"How so?" 

"You're stupid, loud, thick-headed, ignorant, mean.."

"Oh my god, just shut up." I frowned, pushing his shoulder a bit. "Why the hell do I like someone like you?"

"That's what I'm saying." 

I wish he didn't put himself down like that.

He knows I'm joking but he means his words so seriously when they're about himself. 

I think I'll always like you, Yoongi. Someday, I'll probably move on from you and maybe date someone else. But I think.. I'll always have something for you. 

You haven't done much... Not much at all...

But you've made your mark on me. 

And it's too deep to go away overtime.

I wish I could have done that to you as well.. But I know I'm not that important to you. To you, I'm a fling. 

But as long as I can make you happy for the time being.. Then I can sacrifice my sanity. 

Afterall.. We only have a few months left. 

Then I'm gone from his life. 

 

A little Yoongi x Hana chapter for you! A lot of things will happen in the coming chapters and time will start to move a little quicker.. But I promise you, a light will be at the end of the tunnel! <3 ~PandaBiscuit~