047

7 Bangtan Princes

"So, how's it being Yoongi-free?" Hoseok asked, on his popsicle as we made our way lazily down his studio hall. 

"Don't bring up his name." I sighed. "It hasn't been long since I bid my goodbyes..." I turned and glanced at him, pointing my blue popsicle at him a moment. "He's okay, right? I worry about him." 

"You should worry more about yourself." He tsked, guiding my hand towards my mouth, indicating to eat the rest of the popsicle before it melted. "He's as fine as he'll ever be." 

Good for him.. Is he with that girl? Was she really nothing? Should I ask Hyun Ki about all those meetings he claimed to have...? I told myself not to trust a word Yoongi says but I can't help the little bit of me that wants to believe him. 

"Ah!" Hoseok stopped suddenly, startling me to a stop as well. 

"What is it?" I asked, turning towards him and finishing off the popsicle. "I finished before you." 

He took the popsicle stick from me and threw it away, finishing his off and doing the same before joining me once more. "Taehyung wants to go somewhere with the rest of us. He said he'd leave Yoongi out so we all can go enjoy some time again."

"No." I shook my head. "That's just rude. I won't hang out with you guys all at once without him and he's not coming with." 

"What is the difference?" 

"The difference is that if we're alone, then I don't have to feel like I'm pushing him away from his friends." I sniffled, brushing stray hairs out of my face. "Can we stop circling back to Yoongi?" 

"Sorry." Hoseok shoved his hands in his pocket, flashed a bubbly smile, and then letting me trail along behind him as we went into his studio room. "The guys went home shortly after we went to get popsicles. I'm just grabbing my things and then we can leave too." 

I nodded. "Let's meet up with Jungkook. He's been sulking around my house all day with Chico."

"He's always sulking.." Hoseok groaned, boggling his head a little bit before grabbing his bag in the corner and skipping over to me, shutting off the lights. "Let us go, hm?" 

"Yep!" I slipped my arm through his and we left the room just as quickly as we had come, locking the door behind us. 

Within no time we were walking through my apartment door, nearly running into Chico and Jungkook. 

"You're back. Noona, look." Jungkook ran over to me and pointed finger guns at Chico. "Pow!" Instantly Chico fell over onto his back and lolled his tongue out, staying completely still until Jungkook called, "up!" Jungkook looked to me with a big grin. "Aren't I cool?"

"We'll start calling you the dog whisperer." I giggled, mentally applauding him for teaching my dog such insane tricks as I slipped off my shoes. 

Hoseok slipped his off as well and collasped on my couch with a heavy sigh. "Do you only hang around Hana's house like this?" 

"Yep." We both respond at the same time. 

"Hana's environment lifts my spirits." Jungkook snickered, sitting down beside his hyung and sighing as well. "How is the group?" 

I went into my bedroom to let them chat a bit. Going over to a little box on my dresser, I opened it and gazed at my necklace full of rings. 

What do I do with all of these after the contract ends? Can I sell them? Do I give them back?

I picked up Hoseok's, reading the engraving on the inside with a smile before putting it back down and picking up Yoongi's. Yours should be the first to go.. Hm? 

How have you been? Are you well? Are you happy? 

I rubbed my eyes to keep from tearing up like the baby I was and shut the box. Changing into comfy clothing, I joined the boys out on the same couch, all sitting close together for both comfort and the need to fit. 

"What should we watch?" Hoseok asked as he flipped through the channels. "It feels like forever since I could sit down and watch TV with anyone.. Especially Hana and my little Kookie." 

Jungkook sighed and shook his head, patting Chico. "Kookie." He whispered to himself.

"Let's watch cartoons." I suggested.

"Taehyung? Is he here? I swear I heard him." Hoseok pretended to look around before grinning at me. "Sure."

"I like cartoons too." Jungkook pouted, tearing his attention from Chico and to the screen as Hoseok found the channel. 

"I know it." I mumbled, smiling to myself. I wish days like these went on forever. 

"Ah, Noona. Taehyung told me to tell you that he has something for you." Jungkook mumbled. 

Hoseok rose an eyebrow. "Like what?"

But Jungkook just shrugged, keeping his eyes focused on the cartoon. "Taehyung is sweet." I sighed. "You all are." Why did I have to meet just amazingly sweet people only to have to be forced to part with them all anyways? Life just really hates me lately. 

We sat there like that, Hoseok even dozing here and there, until all of the cartoons were finished and the sun was down. We were never once bored with each others company but instead, upset to part when Hoseok and Jungkook left. 

Hoseok would be busy the next few days and Jungkook was going to Japan with some of his friends for a break from his father. 

The clock is ticking. 

Every day is one more I get to spend with them.

It seems Hoseok and I are about to stop ticking as well.. He's just so busy. 

Everyone is.

--

"Hana~" Jin called as he walked into the restaurant. "You called me out for the first time in a while, I feel a little honored." He pulled out his seat and sat, moving back in towards the table before settling his gaze on me. "What's the matter?" 

"This, that, everything." I admitted. 

"You've been different lately, you know?" 

"How so?"

"You seem so.." He tapped his finger on the table for a little bit before forcing a small smile. "Tired. You seem tired and grumpy." 

"I am tired a lot lately." I nodded easily. "But I'm not grumpy. I'm just, like I said, tired." 

Jin nodded along with me, ordering himself a water, and then focusing back on me. "Anyone else invited? This is a pretty fancy place."

He was right, it was fancy. The round tables were set orderly, neat, and with bright colors. The lights were dimmed, the waiters and waitresses were all dressed to match the vibe of the place, and the glasses were tall and round. Everything looked like it costed a fortune. Why I picked this place, I honestly couldn't tell you. The only excuse I've managed to come up with by eating here is that Jin deserved it for how much crap I made him listen to. 

"No one else. Just us." I gave him a smile. "Isn't it nice here?"

"Can you afford this?" He gave me a questionable look, thanking the waiter with a flick his wrist. 

"Maybe." I joked, sipping my strawberry cocktail. Yes, alcohol is a must tonight otherwise I'll be up all night thinking about Yoongi. Again. 

"I am not paying, that is for sure." Jin pointed to the cocktail. "Got a rid home or is that my job?" 

"I got a ride." I mumbled. "Taxis are great."

"I'll give you a ride." Jin insisted. "You can't trust taxis these days." 

I just shook my head and took another sip before placing it on the table. "No thanks. Let's look at the menu and see what we want."

Jin gave me a sigh and glanced over the menu. I watched him a little while with a smile before doing the same thing. Will I really be able to afford this? These are all so expensive. Why couldn't we just go to a fried food place or something? Nice one, Hana. 

"Hana." Jin looked up seriously for a moment. "You're preparing to go somewhere when the contract is over, right?"

"Hm? No, why?" I lied, sipping my cocktail again. 

"Mm.. I guess I was wrong." Jin mumbled, looking very unconvinced, but let it go once the waiter returned for our orders and was off again. "Hobi and Taehyung's relationship seemed to patch up nicely lately. They fight here and there but they can be in the same room together and that's all that matters."

"Good. Last thing I want is for them to be hating each other even when the contract is over."

"You will come back to us after the contract, right? After the year?"

"Planning to." I smirked a bit. "You guys became some of my closest friends. These months just flew by once I got use to all of you." 

"Ah, right. I talked to Ji Ho a bit."

"Why him?" 

"We happened to run into each other." Jin rubbed the back of his neck and leaned forward, resting his arms on the table as he spoke. "Anyways, he said something about you and Hyejin not getting along lately. How can you lose a friend like her? She seemed pretty cool to me." 

"I don't know what is happening with her lately." I admitted. "I mean.. I understand her frustration. That I've been blowing her off for you guys for a while. But she also set me into this. It could've been her doing all this, not myself. You know? And I tried to make time for her recently but she either blows me off or ignores. What am I supposed to do at this point?"

"She's just upset." Jin sipped his water and smiled. "Girls tend to be a bit dramatic. But so can guys, I'm not ist here."

"I didn't think you were." I chuckled a bit. "Hey, Jin. Do you think Namjoon and Nana will get together? Or Sooyoung and Jungkook.. Or Jimin for that matter. I want to see all of your find your Ms. Right." 

"I'm afraid you won't see that for a while." Jin chuckled as well. "Namjoon and Nana are in an awkward spot right now and the whole Sooyoung, Jungkook, and Jimin thing.. No one really knows what is going on. But we're all happy Daeyoung is out of Taehyung's life." 

"Of course. I'm very glad as well." Taehyung.. I need to hang out with him more. I just don't want him to suffer too bad when I leave. But to hell with that, he's already suffering because I rejected him and like someone else. I feel like a horrible person. 

The waiter returned and we ordered, thankfully Jin seemed to keep his order as cheap as can be. I ordered another cocktail, bowed our heads in thanks, and watched as the waiter disappeared. 

"Are you going to be able to walk out of here or crawl?" Jin joked once more, his mouth twitching as if he was trying to say something else. 

"We'll see at the end of the night." I winked. 

We indulged into another long conversation, ate our food when it came, and paid our tab. The time just flying by quicker and quicker as the alcohol took more and more effect on my body. I managed to hide it well and walked with Jin out of the restaurant, facing him in front of his car with a broad smile that matched his. 

"Thanks, Hana, for the treat." He sighed, rather bittersweetly. "I can't help but worry there was more to this meeting than you're letting on. But you insist that there is nothing so I am left to believe that." 

"You worry too much." My smile faltered and I just bowed my head to hide it. "Drive safely, Jinnie."

"Please, get home safely. Call a cab the second I drive off, hm?" 

"Of course." I nodded, watching him get into his car, wave, and then drive off. 

I stood there at the edge of the street until his car vanished from my sight. Finding the nearest bench, I seated myself down and slouched, watching the cars drive by in a daze. Yoongi did something horrible too... But why do I feel guilty about leaving him first? 

Even with alcohol, I'm thinking of you. 

You are one hell of a man, Yoongi. 

--

I held out my hand and frowned, pulling down my thumb. Yoongi's gone. I pulled down my index finger next. Jungkook's gone. I hesitated but eventually pulled down my middle finger as well. Hoseok is... Gone, basically. I stared at the remaining two on my hand before putting it down by my side. Four clocks are left ticking. 

Just as I was about to lie back in bed and mope all day again, my cellphone rang. Nana. 

"Hey!" Nana happily chirped as I picked up the phone. "Long time no... Talk!" 

I sat carefully down on my bed and smiled slightly to myself. "It's nice to hear such a chippy voice. How are you?" 

"Oh, I'm fine! But how are you?" She hummed. "Jin talked to me last night. Do you want some girl time? I might not be as close to you as your other friend but I feel like you have a lot of things to vent right now." 

My chest rose with warmth but I declined. "I'm sorry but I just don't feel like doing much of anything today. I'll sort out of my thoughts on my own and be back to normal soon. I don't take long to bounce back." 

"That's good." She sighed. "Just give me a call whenever! I'll let you go now, then!"

"Bye, Nana." 

"Take care, Hana." She hung up first, my hand immediately dropping the phone back down onto the table as I collapsed further into my bed. 

Taking the time to bury myself in covers, I managed to doze off for a few hours, only woken when I heard my door open and Chico barking. 

"Hush~" Taehyung's voice sliced through the silence but my eyelids were too heavy to lift so I remained how I was, bundled up in bed as he entered my bedroom. "Hana, why are you in bed?" 

"Taehyung-ah..." I yawned, my eyes remaining shut. "Come here." 

He moved around a bit before climbing into bed with me, his hot breath landing on my cheek as he slipped under the covers with me. "Hm?" 

"I didn't mean for you to get in bed with me, idiot." I chuckled slightly, opening my eyes to meet his gentle gaze. "Why are you here?" 

He slipped his arms around me and lifted his lips into a small smile. "I wanted to see you. Plus, I have something for you. Didn't Jungkook tell you?" 

"So, so long ago, it feels like." I exaggerated, shutting my eyes once more and relaxing into his warmth. "What is it?" 

"You'll get it once you get out of bed." He sighed, my hair gently. "It hurts, right? To not be able to be with someone you love?" 

"Listen, Taehyung, now isn't the time to say told yo--" 

"No, that's not what I'm doing." He cut me off immediately. "I'm trying to understand your emotions, since I have felt them many times before. And not just recently." 

"Yes, it hurts." I mumbled. "But I'm more frustrated than anything. Why do I feel guilty for leaving him when he hurt me first?" 

"Because you believed in what he said to you." 

"I don't."

"You do. You believe everything he says." Taehyung whispered, a bit of sorrow creeping into his tone but he masked it well when he spoke again. "You always did." 

I feel so pathetic. "Listen, I think you should go." 

But he just held tighter. "No, I won't leave when you're like this, Hana." He rejected with a slight chuckle. "Besides, I want to spend time with you. Even if all you do is sleep." 

"That is all I will do." I admitted, feeling as if I was about to doze off already anyways. "I'm sorry things turned out like this, Taehyung."

"Fate." He whispered, my hair again. "Fate has its own way of doing things. Just see where it takes you."

Seems like fate is really testing me lately. 

But it's nothing I can't handle. 

Eventually, I dozed off to whatever Taehyung was talking about, just thankful that he was willing to stay and provide support when I needed it. 

But yet when I hurt him, I didn't dare comfort him.

What an awful person I am. 

 

Y'all hate me, don't you? Hehe... Yeah, I didn't expect to be gone this long. No promised on the next update but don't worry, I will complete this FF and continue with what I have planned! I haven't forgotten and I won't leave it unfinished! Thank you for sticking around and reading! I will try to be more diligent! ~PandaBiscuit~