024

7 Bangtan Princes

 

Jeon Jungkook

 

"Kookie, come on, let's go already." Jimin pulled on my arm, whining about missing some episode on TV. 

"I don't really feel like it, hyung." I sighed, pulling my arm away from him. "I want to keep playing basketball."

"Why? Don't you ever get tired?"

"I'm exhausted." I mumbled, tossing the ball towards the hoop but hitting the outer rim and watching it bounce away. "I can't even get one hoop."

Jimin wiped the sweat from his forehead and scowled at the ground. "Hanging out with you is nothing but a bore lately." 

"Then why are you here?" I got a bit defensive at his words. How can he say that after I've told him about the things going on in my life? I've told all the boys about my mother and the issues with my father but none of them seem to care! Other than Yoongi hyung, none of them care. How utterly frustrating!! 

"True, why am I here? Why not just call Hana out?" Jimin crossed his arms. 

"She's probably with Yoongi hyung. He had a gig today, the last one at the art gallery or whatever." I tsked at him, fetching the ball and coming back. "She's always with Yoongi hyung." 

"He's easier to please and get along with." 

"I feel like that isn't the case." I dribbled the ball a bit and looked back at Jimin. "Haven't you noticed something off about Yoongi?"

"Like what?"

"He's always quiet and joking about harsh topics." 

"That's Yoongi. He's always been like that." Jimin shook his head. "I think you're paranoid. You're the one with the messed up emotions right now." 

Thanks. I sighed with frustration yet again and held the ball under my arm. "Jimin."

"What?" 

"Nothing." But instead of countering him about his put-down, I left it alone. Jimin is someone who is very sweet and caring. He wouldn't just naturally try and put someone down because he feels like it. Most of the time it is an accident.

"Well, I'm leaving." Jimin went over and grabbed his jacket and took the ball from me. "It's hot in this gym but don't forget it's still winter. Wear your jacket when you go outside." He turned and left, waving once he reached the door and then let it shut behind him, the slamming of the door echoing throughout the now empty gym.

I raked my fingers through my hair and sat down, pulling at my hair as sweat trickling down my face. I feel like I'm alone in this battle. I know Hana is there for me, she said she was and she has proved it... But what about the guys? Jimin just plays everything off as a joke, Taehyung has his own emotional issues, Yoongi doesn't like to hang out much even though he will listen often, Namjoon has been busy with the company lately, Hobi hyung is busy with his new group, and Jin.. Jin just isn't around. I don't even know where he has been after karaoke. 

I want someone to vent to.. Someone who can be with me at all times and just listen to my frustrations. Someone who knew my mother and someone who knew my father... Just someone to help me win. To help me get through this...

I miss my mom.

I miss her so damn much. 

Why wasn't I there when she died? 

Why did she have to get sick in the first place?

I miss her... 

I swiped at the stray tear that ran down my face and looked up, blinking the tears out of my eyes and rubbing them a bit. I miss you. But I'm strong. I can get through it on my own. I don't need someone to vent to. I have Hana for that. She may not be everything I want her to be, but I can vent to her when I need to. She'll always listen. I know it. 

I'm so confused on what I want anymore. I contradict myself. 

I pushed myself off the ground, bit my lip harshly, and exited the gym. I ran around back quickly to see if Jimin had really left or not and was relieved beyond belief to see him sitting there in his car, waiting.

I hurried over to him and climbed in, getting up in his face and smiling widely. "You waited for me! You're so sweet!" 

He shoved me away from him and laughed. "Shut up." 

I wonder if he knows how much I'm struggling right now and he's only just pretending like he doesn't... Either way, I want him to acknowledge it and help. At least one of them if I can't get all of them to. I know I'm the youngest and usually the happiest other than Hobi hyung... But I still deserve people to fall back on when I'm struggling. 

"Where am I dropping you off at? I really do have to go home, not for the episode sadly, but I do have to get home."

"Got a date?" 

"A date with my dad." Jimin huffed, backing out of the lot and driving off. 

"That's no fun." I buckled up quickly and watched out the window a bit before staring back at Jimin. "I wonder what Taehyung is up to."

"You know what he's up to." Jimin sighed. 

"Dae Young, probably." I sighed as well. 

"Yup. Even though she's engaged to someone else, and the fact that Taehyung likes Hana now, they seem to just rope back to eachother and make eachother miserable all over again." Jimin mumbled, obviously aggrivated. I couldn't blame him one bit. 

All we want is the old Taehyung back. The Taehyung that giggled at everything, showed off his big smile, acted all childish, and was always a bit too weird and a bit too loud. It annoyed us back then.. But now that he's not like that anymore, we all miss it.

All we want is the Taehyung we know to come back. 

But that can't happen without Dae Young. 

Or... Unless Hana steps up her game. Hana needs to fix Taehyung... But the only way she really can right now is to let Taehyung like her. Of course she doesn't want him to because she knows it is rude, horrible, and not good. But what can she do other than that? She's cornered. I don't think she realizes that yet but she will once she realizes what he really needs.

Not a lover, but a friend. He thinks he needs a lover to heal him... But really he only needs someone he can trust and someone that trusts him. 

Ugh why am I even wasting my time thinking about those two? They're none of my concern. 

"Kookie, we're here." Jimin prodded my shoulder. "Did you not hear me before?"

"Nah, I was thinking." I giggled, unbuckling myself and hugging Jimin. "Thanks hyung!" 

"Get off!" Jimin laughed again as well and waved to me as I exited the car and hurried into my home, not even waiting for him to drive off. 

Once the door shut and the silence over took me, I shook my head and let a frown fall on my face. My dad will stop by my mom's today at 4pm like always. I need to beat him there.

I pulled out my phone and froze whent he clock read 3:12. I can do it. 

Taking no time to relax or think, I bolted back out of my house and jumped into my car, speeding quickly to my mom's old house. 

What if he came early? What if he doesn't come at all? What will I say to him when he does come? Last time we saw each other, it was in court over the dispute of inheritance and I won the first stage. Of course it isn't over then... We have other stages to go to... Many more. 

I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice the stop sign I blew through as I crashed into someone else's car. The air bag went off and I fought to get out of the car, my head aching from being smacked against the window. Thank god I wasn't going that fast.. I just hope whoever I hit isn't injured. 

I shook my head a little and ran over to the other person's car, the front of my car still smacked into their flank. "Are you okay? Are you injured?" I asked frantically, trying not to panic as the time ticked away.

"I'm fine, I'm fine.." The older man stepped out of the car. "I'm lucky you hit an empty side of the car." 

"I'm so sorry... I.. I didn't even see the stop sign." I hesitated. "I'll call the police and an ambulance just to make sure you're okay." 

The man nodded and I quickly went back to my car, slamming my head against the roof by mistake and silently cursing to myself. Finally being able to fish out my phone, I called the needed numbers and then slipped my phone in my back pocket, hurrying over to the man. 

"Mm.. If I leave my information with you, may I leave the scene? I promise I will settle all this..." With what money, Jungkook? This isn't good. "I'm meeting my father at my late mother's house." 

The man watched me with steady eyes, watching me slowly go insane as I could almost hear the ticking of the clock in my head as I stood there waiting for an answer. But when the police showed up, I knew I was already stuck there. 

I pulled at my hair and knelt down, cursing myself over and over. Pay attention when you drive, idiot. This is why people shouldn't get behind the wheel when they're emotional distracted. People get hurt. 

I stood back up and asked for his number, sending him a text with all my information immediately. The both of us then started to take pictures of the accident and finished up once an officer approached us. 

"What has happened here?" The officer asked, seemly bored. 

"The stop sign was failed to be seen as a car was turning." I explained quickly. 

"Failure to notice the stop sign was you..." He mumbled, writing things down on his paper. "Yes?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"And the person hit was obviously you. Any injuries?" The officer eyed me. "You might want to get your head checked out, you have blood dripping down the side of your forehead."

"Do I? Is it a lot?" I panicked, not meaning to actually ask him.

He shook his head nonetheless. "Very little. You must just have a scratch. Still worth checking out. Did you two exchange information and take pictures?" 

We both nodded. 

"The ambulance will be here soon. Please allow them to check out what they need to see. These tow trucks will pull your vehicles away to their nearest office. Contact your insurance companies to see what all can be done here." The officer sighed. "Thank you for reporting this and staying on the scene." 

I watched as the tow trucks hooked up both vehicles and dragged them away, a sigh of defeat escaping my mouth as I watched them drive off. The officer went and stood near his car, talking on the phone with someone about the accident and taking notes.

I looked back to the man. "I'm so sorry, once again... Please, contact me. I take full responsibility." 

"As you should, young man." He smiled broadly. "I admire your honesty and sense of responsibility. I'll handle the rest here and contact you later, go meet your father, he'll be worried. Make sure to check in at the hospital!"

"Thank you.." I bowed deeply to him and jogged to the sidewalk, heading towards the nearest bus stop. I'm not going to beat him... Not at even close anymore. I just hope he doesn't take anything... 

--

I burst through the door, panting from all the running I did after the bus dropped me off. My dad's car was here but I could not find him. Please don't take anything.. 

But instead of finding my dad, I found a familiar woman. The one I've only seen a few times in court and at the funeral, the one where my dad didn't attend. She's related to him. 

"Jeon Jungkook?" She pulled her lips into a smile and waved. "Fancy running into you here. Did you hurt your head?" 

I rubbed my head with frustration and embarrassment, glancing at my hand to notice the dark red color. I didn't even think about it. 

"I don't know who you are.." I hesitated, feeling a bit uncomfortable with the new person. "Why are you here? I've seen you around lately..." 

She shrugged, placing her hand on the upper part of my face towards my ear. "Are you o--"

I pulled away sharply and gave her a dirty look. "Why are you touching me?" 

She looked a bit confused but backed up a bit anyways. "I'm your father's friend." 

"Friend?" I scoffed, pushing aside my discomfort. 

"More or less." 

Mistress, you mean then? "So why are you here?"

"He wanted me to find something in the house..." She glanced around, her eyes settling back on me. "But I don't think he wants you to find it first."

"Find what?" I panicked. "Tell me."

"I don't know if I should." She lost her smile and glanced around some more. "To be honest, I don't understand this whole family rivalry thing. Why can't you two just split the money?" 

"Because I can't do that." I clenched my fists to keep from screaming out in frustration. "He abandoned us without a word. He deserves none of her hard-earned money. I don't care if I don't get any of it. I just don't want him having anything, not even a cent." 

She let a sigh out and shrugged again. "He doesn't tell me much. I'm just waiting patiently."

For what? To marry him now that my mother is gone since it was too much of a bother to properly get divorced all those years ago? 

"Anyways, I need to find it." She mumbled, trying to walk off but I stopped her simply by stepping in her path.

"Just leave." I asked quietly. "If you don't know what is gong on then you shouldn't be here running dirty work for a worthless being like my father. Just go and let us handle it." 

"Jungko--"

"I don't feel like we're close enough for you to call me by my first name. I only just met you today but you seem to know about me quite well.." I shook my head a bit, mainly to clear the fog that clouded over my mind, making me feel a bit dizzy. 

"I can't leave."

"Please, just leave." 

"Can you at least tell me that you're okay?" She gazed at me with a worried expression. "You're right. I know nothing and I'm simply just doing dirty work for your father. But I care about him and I've come to care about you."

"How? Why? I want you to stop." 

"He mentioned you only once. I got curious to who you were and I've been watching you from afar since the death of your mother. You grew up very well for someone without a father. I admire you and pity you for this." She explained a bit. 

"I want you to stop." I told her again, more firmly this time. "You're not anyone who should be looking at me. You have a strong link to someone I despise and I really... Really don't want to see you again."

"I understand." She stood stiff. "But is your head okay? That is all I want to know."

"My head is fine." I spoke blankly. I don't know whether it is seriously injured or not but I don't care about you finding out. 

"Are you sure? What caused this?"

"Leave, please. I'm done asking nicely after this."

She hesitated but with those last words, she left, speaking only a few words before she disappeared out the door. "Your father wants her will." 

I whipped around and stared at the now shut door, my heart aching in agony and anger. Her will? She wrote one, surely... 

Any normal person would assume he wouldn't even be mentioned. But I knew better. She was emotionally disturbed and couldn't tell 10 years from the present sometimes. Of course he'd be in there... I need to find it before he does. Not to change it because I would never dare... But to hide it from him. If no one has it, then her assets get sold off and her money will go to whoever wins the court hearings. 

He can win with her will, most likely. 

But he can't guarantee his win without it. 

I cleared my head of all the thoughts and began tearing apart the house, searching for the paper. Whether to be reserved somewhere in a box or a crumpled up wad on the floor, I had to find it. Today. 

And I did just that. I searched through many papers and many books incase it was hidden in a book. But I ended up finding it in the weirdest spot.. A spot that gave me a bit of hope, sorrow, and a rush of victory. 

I found the will underneath the pillow in my old room back when I lived with her. It was in an envelope with a red car sticker stamped on it and my name written in beautiful handwriting. 

I dropped to my knees as tears welled up in my eyes once more, my free hand clutching at my aching heart as I carefully brought the will out and read it slowly, not wanting to miss a single thing. 

I was wrong. He was wrong. His name never once came up in the will. 

The only name that came up, was mine. Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. My son, Jungkook. My love, Jungkook. 

"Mom..." I stiffled a wail as I buried my face into the pillow and let myself sob into it. 

She must of wrote her will when she had at least a little grasp on reality... She only wrote about me. She dedicated everything to me... 

I can win. 

I can win with this piece of paper. 

My mom thought of me in her last few days and made sure I won. 

Mom... 

My cellphone brought me out of my thoughts and I lifted me head, my vision blurred with tears and the pillow soaked with tears, a tiny hint of blood on it as well. 

I cleared my throat and answered it, making my voice sound as normal and firm as possible. "Hello this is Jeon Jungkook." 

"Why are you answering like that?" Jin burst into laughter on the other end. 

"I didn't check caller ID." I forced a laugh as well, covering the microphone as I sniffled a bit.

"What're you doing? I heard Jimin had to ditch you half way through your guys' little date." 

"I'm just hanging around." I stood up and put the will back into the envelope. "What's up?"

"Namjoon invited us all out to dinner. Yoongi is the only one not coming so far. You in?" 

"I'm in." I quickly left the room and attempted to leave the house, but I couldn't. "I'll call you later." 

I hung up and looked around the now messy house. I can't just leave it messy. Mom would be upset. 

So, for the rest of the day before the dinner, I cleaned the mess I had created until it was back into its original state, and then left with the will in my pocket. 

This means I won, right? 

--

GROUPCHAT 

Yoongi: Sorry I'm busy

Taehyung: Wow what a shocker! Are you with Hana? Why are you always with her? Do you like her? You're not allowed to. 

Namjoon: Calm yourself, Taehyung. Yoongi is with his dad. 

Taehyung: I call bull! 

Seokjin: It's true dude. His dad actually called him out today. His dad even showed up at his last gig yesterday, but I think that was more on Hana's part.

Jimin: Hana is such a good person

Taehyung: Do you like Hana too?

Hoseok: Does every compliment have to be someone liking Hana? 

Taehyung: Yes :3 

Hoseok: You're ed up. 

Seokjin: Hobi, our little ball of sunshine, how about you censor yourself? Kookie is in this chat, you know. 

Me: Shut up. I swear all the time.

Jimin: Swearing is bad for you!

Namjoon: Okay, Jimin. Like you've never swore.

Jimin: Stop it! 

Me: Can you even spell stop it?

Seokjin: In English?

Jimin: Guys, stop X'D 

Seokjin: I can do it

Me: Do it

Jimin: NO! 

Yoongi: S. T. O. P. 

Yoongi: Now shut up. 

Me: Aww hyung, you ruined it. Jin couldn't do it

Seokjin: Yes I could have you brat!

Hoseok: Now Jinnie, our sweet little Jinnie, what did we tell you about calling Kookie bad names? 

Namjoon: Buahahaha 

Seokjin: Ungrateful pricks. 

Taehyung: Ungrateful my ! 

Jimin: Okay that's enough! Can we talk about Hana now?

Me: Why?

Jimin: Hana seems to be playing favorites, that's why! 

Namjoon: She hangs out with who needs her most. I don't see what is so wrong about that. 

Seokjin: True!

Jimin: But she should still try and hang out with the rest of us, right? 

Hoseok: Just let her do her thing. She's already knee deep in drama because of Taehyung, who can't control his feelings. 

Taehyung: Shut up. 

Hoseok: You're just mad because it's true.

Taehyung: It isn't my fault who I come to like! 

Taehyu--

I closed quickly out of messenger at Taehyung's next text message (Bless you Jungkook) and put my phone down for a while, enjoying the silent hum of the heater in the house. Winter needs to hurry up and pass. It hasn't even snowed lately so we can't even go and enjoy that. Poor Jimin's family will have to shut down the resort if they don't start producing more fake snow. Besides, the temperature isn't cold enough lately. 

What is the point of winter without snow? 

But anyways.. I guess I should get in contact with the insurance company and wait for a call from the man again. I talked to him a bit last night after dinner with the guys but we were both pretty neutral. He was upset, I was upset, but neither of us were angry at each other. I guess it made everything a bit easier though. 

I just got to somehow cover all this. 

 

That was a little bit of Jungkook's life! Wanting help but then putting on an act in front of others... Kind of makes Hana's job harder, doesn't it? Anyways, I really enjoyed writing this from a different POV and I hope you guys enjoyed seeing a bit more of what Hana can't see so far! These chapters are fairly shorter than the others. It really just depends on how much I choose to show you guys though ;) Anyways, the next member will be out soon! Thanks for reading! ~PandaBiscuit~