Chapter 8

After All This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So do you have it with you?" Hye Son excitedly asked Ga Eul. "Can you at least let me finish my lunch Hye Son?" Ga Eul chuckled as she continued to eat her T-bone steak, she already finished her salad. 

"I've been working with you for almost 2 years Chu Ga Eul. And you still amaze me on how much food you actually eat. Nobody would believe me when I tell them you have an appetite of a man." Hye Son said as he teased Ga Eul who was eating way more than he is. "Huh? You tell other people how I eat?? Why???" Ga Eul exclaimed as she successfully threw a french fry at Hye Son's face. She could not help but snort because she tried to suppress her laughter. 

Hye Son sighed in disbelief as he picked up the french fry which was thrown by the beautiful girl in front of him. As much as he wanted to glare at her, he could not help but laugh as he heard her snort. "Aish Ms. Chu Ga Eul, didn't your parents teach you any manners? Don't you know its improper for a lady to throw a french fry (which Hye Son waved in front of her) while eating?" he could not help but laugh as Ga Eul was so comfortable with his presence that she obviously didn't mind snorting in front of him. 

"You are confusing Hye Son. One minute you tell me I'm a man by the way I'm eating then you tell me I should act like a lady, what do you want me to be huh? A man? or a lady?" Ga Eul joked as she sliced another piece of meat from her T-bone steak. "Hahahaha so this is my fault? Well, I'd rather you be the jewelry designer who everyone is asking for. So, where are the designs?" Hye Son asked as he remembered how he first met this jewelry designer.

 

[FLASHBACK 2 YEARS AGO]

Hye Son could not help but glance at the girl sitting beside him at Roasted Cafe. Not only was she cute (based on the right side of the face) but she hasn't glanced up from whatever she was doing for almost an hour now. 

"Isn't her neck hurting?" Hye Son asked himself because he could not help but continue to keep staring at this mysterious girl at work. Finally she looks up and raised the work which seemed she just finished and then exclaimed "I hope you make me pass with flying colors eh?" she talked to herself happily. As the girl beside her stretched out her arms, she knocked off a folder which fell down and scattered all the papers contained therein. "AISH PABO!!" the girl exclaimed obviously pissed at herself for such a clumsy move. 

Hye Son could not help but chuckle to the scene he just witnessed. Being a gentleman, he picked the papers near him to give to the girl who is still cursing herself. As he picked up the nearest paper to where he was seated, he could not help but stare at it because on it was drawn the most beautiful necklace he has ever seen in his entire life. And that is saying something because he and his family is in the jewelry business. 

As he walked over to girl, he could not help but look at the other designs she made. They were all beautiful. Exquisitely beautiful. He needed to know who she is. Those designs would be perfect for their jewelry business. "Uhmmm excuse me, I think these are yours?" Hye Son said to the girl who was still irritated with herself because she still wasn't finish in cleaning up her own mess. She suddenly looked up to Hye Son and exclaimed "Gomawo!!! I thought they flew somewhere already!" she was definitely relieved upon seeing the papers in Hye Son's hands. 

Hye Son was momentarily paralyzed on how beautiful this girl is. He knew that she was talented just by her designs but seeing her face, he understood that it would be impossible for her designs to be ugly when her face was so beautiful. Before he could say anything stupid, he said "Hi. I'm Kim Hye Son. You have beautiful designs miss. If you are interested we could talk about it. This is my card. Can I have your name?" Hye Son handed his card to the girl who was surprised with what she heard. 

Even though surprised, the girl managed to say "I'm Ga Eul. Chu Ga Eul." she just read the business card in her hands which made her eyes wide in utter shock because she obviously read where he worked for. "Kim Hye Son. Vice President, KiMing Jewelry Empire" Hye Son could not help but smile wit Ga Eul's reaction.

"Chu Ga Eul, we'll see each other soon." He said out loud. "We'll see each other for a long time, I'll make sure of that." Hye Son said to himself as he knew he wanted Chu Ga Eul in his life, life outside the jewelry business. 

And that thought of his 2 years ago came true. After their initial meeting in the cafe, Hye Son was the one who made contact with Ga Eul. He could not help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter