Chapter 28

After All This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yi Jung, can we please talk?"  Ga Eul cautiously walked towards him as she noticed a glass and bottle of scotch near him. She knew that Yi Jung read the message from Hye Son and with what he just revealed she understood Yi Jung's reaction towards alcohol that early time of the day.

Yi Jung just looked at Ga Eul as she walked towards him and then looked at the seat next to him giving her the signal that she could sit beside him. 

As Ga Eul took her sit, she noticed that Yi Jung was not looking at her direction but he was fumbling with his fingers. Hence, she took the initiative to start the conversation "Yi Jung-ah, I know you read the message." 

"Sorry if I read the message."  Yi Jung said, although he still did not look at Ga Eul. "I didn't know he felt that way towards me. He is my business manager and a close friend but I didn't have the slightest idea that he felt that way towards me." Ga Eul said trying to reason out with Yi Jung.

"Can I ask something though?" Yi Jung asked as he finally looked at Ga Eul who nodded. 

"What did he mean when he said that I broke you?"  Yi Jung asked. Ga Eul looked at him and then at the horizon before them. She expected that he will ask this question, however, she did not know how to answer him or explain herself. "After the Sweden incident, you pretty much know what happened to me right? (she gave a sideways glance to Yi Jung) I went to drinking sprees to forget the pain of seeing you on a bed with another girl (Yi Jung winced at the thought of Ga Eul being drunk). Also, I was like a zombie walking around for weeks or months, not having a clue with what was happening around me. And as you know, I found jewelry designing which helped me get out of my zombie like a trance and helped me live my life again. Jewelry designing gave me direction in my life again. However, jewelry designing did not help to restore my belief in love." Yi Jung was surprised with what Ga Eul said as she continued to talk while staring at the ocean. 

"Jan Di and some of my co-teachers tried to set me up on blind dates you know?"  Ga Eul then looked at Yi Jung who got more surprised with what she said. "Yes, I did go on some of those dates. But no second dates happened to all of those guys."  Ga Eul gave Yi Jung a small smile to somehow assure him that she did not have someone special in her life during the time they were apart. "With all the failed blind dates, Jan Di and my co teachers suddenly gave up on setting me up on blind dates. Come to think of it, that was the time that I started hanging out with Hye Son." Ga Eul said out with a small laugh who did not notice Yi Jung flinched with her statement. 

"But as me and Hye Son started to do business and hanging out together we talked about life and such. And one time when we were having dinner, he asked me if I believe in happy endings. I said, no. He asked why. And I said that happy endings are po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter