Chapter 44

After All This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Due to their busy schedules, Yi Jung and Ga Eul barely saw each other within the following weeks. They saw each other once a week and that was only for a quick lunch because Yi Jung was motivated to finish all of his creations within the agreed period of time for the exhibit. He was very thankful that Ga Eul was very understanding of his situation because the latter was not demanding of his time nor was she pestering him during his alloted art time. However, Yi Jung was desperately missing his girlfriend even though they were able to text and call each other throughout the day.

That's why when the day that his final piece for the collection was finished, Yi Jung was so elated because he will finally be able to spend time with Ga Eul. "Ga Eul-yang are you free now??" Yi Jung said execitedly over the phone. "Mianhe Yi Jung-ah. But I'm quite swamped here at the school because my co-teacher took a leave so I will substitute in her class. I'll be here until afternoon. We could meet then. Is that ok with you?"  Ga Eul replied. Yi Jung let out a sigh but he tried to control his voice as he didn't want to be too imposing on Ga Eul. Thus, he replied "Its ok love. I understand. Could you plese text me when your almost through because I'll pick you up." Ga Eul smiled because she knew that Yi Jung was pouting for they will not be able to meet up immediatelt. "See you later then love. I love you." Ga Eul said. 

After their phone call, Yi Jung slumped because all his excitement that he will be finally able to spend time with Ga Eul was once again set aside. Much to his dismay, he want back to work and glanced at his watch to start counting the time when he will finally see Ga Eul

-------------------------------------------------

As Yi Jung made his way to Ga Eul's apartment he could not understand why Ga Eul suddenly went home without waiting for him to pick her up. He was actually quite pissed because he and Ga Eul already had an agreement that they will go home together. But of course, Yi Jung didn't have any choice but to go to Ga Eul's apartment because he really wanted to see her.

Upon arriving at Ga Eul's apartment, Yi Jung let out a loud sigh in order for his frustration to be somehow released. He then walked towards the stairs and once he opened it, he was speechless with what he saw. 

After completely scanning the room, Yi Jung wa amazed that Ga Eul's living room was full of candles. The coffee table, side tables, dining tables, entertainment cabinets and even the corners of the apartment were filled with candles. Ga Eul then walked towards Yi Jung and said, "I think we deserve this romantic dinner for all the time that we were apart, what do you think?" Yi Jung could not help but smile as he wrapped his arms around Ga Eul's waist. He put his forehead on hers and said "Mianhe." 

Ga Eul was surprised with what Yi Jung said because she was expecting him to be touched by her gesture. "Huh? What are you saying sorry for?"  Ga Eul asked as she returned Yi Jung's hug. "I was pissed off a while ago because you headed here all on your own while I was being alll selfish and all, you were slaving away to prepare this surprise for me." Yi Jung rested his head on top of Ga Eul as he hugged her more tightly. 

"You don't have to apologize you know. I feel the same way about you. I missed you terribly that's why I thought that you know we could celebrate somehow because we can finally spend some time together."  Ga Eul broke off the hug and gave off a huge smile towards Yi Jung.

As Yi Jung smiled, he could not help but be thankful that he has a very understanding girlfriend who does not only accept him and his past but also understands the damanding nature of his craft and work. "I'm starving, what's for dinner?"  he asked as he saw the dinne table full of food prepared by his girlfriend. 

Yi Jung and Ga Eul sat beside each other as they ate their dinner. They were talking non-stop because even thought they were constantly upadating each other of what is happening with their everyday lives, talking to each other in person still makes a huge difference. 

"So when can I see your new creations?"  Ga Eul asked as they started eating their dessert. Yi Jung suddenly tensed up but he tried his best not to show it to Ga Eul because he was thinking of something special before his revelation of his latest pieces. "I'm sorry Ga Eul-yang but as much as I want you to be the first person to see my latest creations, you have to wait with the others because there is a stipulation in the contract when the reveal will be."  Yi Jung explained calmly. Ga Eul nodded her head signifying that she understood what Yi Jung meant for she is somehow in the same line of business regarding contracts and all. 

"Just make sure that when you show off your pieces, I'll be there ok?"  Ga Eul teased. Yi Jung gave out a little laugh and said "Don't worry love if you are not there on the day of the reveal, the collection won't be shown at all!"  

Ga Eul laughed and then became serious which did not go unnoticed to Yi Jung. "What's wrong?"  he said as he faced Ga Eul. The latter took a deep breath and then faced Yi Jung looking him straight in the eyes and said "These past couple of weeks I've done so serious thinking and I've decided to reveal that I am C.G.E.'"  Yi Jung was taken aback with what his girlfriend but he was nevertheless happy to hear that she decided to reveal herself to the business world. "That's great! But why does it seem that your not happy about it?"  Yi Jung asked seeing that Ga Eul was somehow conflicted with her decision to reveal herself.

"Well that's the tricky part. Uhmmmmmm (Ga Eul was trying to avoid Yi Jung's gaze) I need to talk to Hye Son regarding this matter."  Ga Eul said in a soft voice seeing Yi Jung inhaling sharply. Yi Jung's mind was rapidly racing trying to figure out whether what he should say to Ga Eul. He understood that Ga Eul needed to talk with Hye Son considering he was her business manager but his jealous side as a boyfriend cannot help but show. "When are you seeing him?" Yi Jung said in a tone where he was obviously trying to control his temper.

"That's the thing. I was wondering when are you free because I want you to be with me when I talk with him."  Ga Eul said making Yi Jung's head rise up in surprise with what he heard. Ga Eul saw his reaction and knew she should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter