Chapter 13

After All This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As they made their way into the apartment, Yi Jung was careful not to  get too close to Ga Eul. He feared that if he suddenly made contact she would make him leave. Of course he didn't want that. Having the chance to be alone with her, from her own volition, is unexpected. But he welcomed such opportunity with open arms that he don't dare screw it up. 

Ga Eul was trying to hide her nervousness from Yi Jung. Her hands were slightly shaking as she put her key into the door. After the incident in Sweden, she never thought that she will be alone with him again. Especially not in her own apartment more so not because she invited him over.  

When Ga Eul opened the lights in her apartment, "I know its not much but its home." she humbly said. 

Yi Jung then stepped inside the modest size apartment of his lady love. And he could not help but smile as he saw that her home was a total personification of Ga Eul's personality. "I'll just make tea. Please make yourself comfortable. There's the remote, you can watch TV while waiting." Ga Eul said as she made her way to the kitchen.

Yi Jung walked around the apartment to see more of it. The couch was white with pink throw pillows. The coffee table had a cactus as a centerpiece which was on top several books. He then looked at the books' titles and saw that they involved jewelry. "Jewelry throughout History, Timeless Jewelries and Jewelries, Stones and their Meanings." As Yi Jung held the book he thought "What's up with all the jewelry?" 

He then returned the books from its previous place. He continued to walk around the apartment while waiting for Ga Eul. His eyes then caught a dresser with many picture frames. As he reached the dresser, he smiled with what he saw. He saw what Ga Eul looked like during her younger years. First, he picked up a frame with a little girl in a jumper smiling widely seated on the lap of a man who put his arm around the woman beside him. It seems like that they were in a park of some sort. "This must be her bumonim. Hmmm.. she actually looks like her abeoji. But her smile is definitely from her eomeoni. No wonder she's so pretty." 

As he put down the frame he noticed a collage of some sort. When he looked at it properly he could not help but laugh. Two girls were the theme of the collage. Two girls who has been friends for many years evidenced by the pictures in the collage. "Ah Geum Jan Di I never knew you were a fan of pigtails!" Yi Jung chuckled to himself as he saw the younger versions of Ga Eul and Jan Di. Jan Di was wearing pigtails in almost of the pictures during their younger years. And Yi Jung could not help but laugh when he saw Jan Di posing as if she was kicking someone. "I really hope Ji Hoo knows what he is getting himself into. Jan Di seems a professional in kicking." 

As he placed the collage down, he saw a picture where Ga Eul was being hugged from behind by a man. Yi Jung mustered all of his strength not to smash the picture frame and throw it away. He could not help it but his fist clench as he saw how Ga Eul was widely smiling as she was being hugged by a guy from behind. Before Yi Jung could make any more violent thoughts, "That's my favorite cousin. Well my only cousin. So I have no choice but to say his my favorite" Ga Eul said as she laughed. "Oh ok." Yi Jung nodded and smiled. "So sorry oppa! I thought you were, you know. Hehehehe. Don't worry your my favorite cousin too starting now." Yi Jung thought to himself. "Tea is ready. Sorry again for ruining your clothes. I added a piece of cake so I could make it up to you somehow." Ga Eul apologized once again to Yi Jung. 

Yi Jung felt guilty as he heard Ga Eul apologized again. He did not deserve her apology. It's supposed to be the other way around. Then without thinking he bowed to Ga Eul and said "I am the one sorry Ga Eul. I am sorry for everything."

Ga Eul stood still not knowing how to react. She heard him apologize. She heard "sorry". But this is unexpected, she thought there was going to be some sort of confrontation between them. After all, what tore them apart was not a simple misunderstanding. Even though she recalled the moment when she saw him in a bed with another woman, she could not help but feel the sincerity from Yi Jung's apology. "Maybe I have indeed moved on. I don't feel the urge to slap him or something." Ga Eul said to herself as Yi Jung kept his bowing stance. 

"Hey, stand up will you. The tea will get cold if you remain like that." Ga Eul tapped Yi Jung's shoulders. "Huh?" Yi Jung blurted out in surprise with Ga Eul's reaction. But nevertheless, he followed Ga Eul's command to stand up. 

"Sit down already. I think we need to talk after you know.. Your sorry statement." Ga Eul gave a small smile. Yi Jung could not believe it. After everything that he put Ga Eul through she is talking to him calmly and she even gave him a smile. "How can I be so lucky to have this person in my life?" Yi Jung told himself. 

Before Ga Eul could say anything, Yi Jung decided he should be the one to talk first "I am sorry Ga Eul. For what happened in Sweden. It was the day before my birthday and I haven't talked with youl all day. No e-mail, no call, not even a text message." Yi Jung said as if the incident just happened yesterday. "I was pissed already. I mean it was my birthday after all and you didn't even bother to talk to me. I ried calling you but it went straight to voicemail and I sent you numerous messages already." Yi Jung said but no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter