Chapter 26

After All This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's happening?" Jan Di tried to reach out for Ji Hoo's hand because of the sudden darkness but to no avail. "Ji Hoo? Anyone there?" Jan Di sudenly asked because she did not feel anybody near her as the darkness engulfed her. She tried to make her way out of the table as she tried to navigate her way around it. 

As she stood in the middle of the dining room, the wall suddenly illuminated. Jan Di watched as an audio visual presentation started playing. The presentation started showing a baby picture of Jan Di and Ji Hoo side by side and the background song was A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. The latter pictures showed the picture of the couple while growing up. Then pictures of the group while hanging out were shown. As the song was coming to an end, pictures of the couple (Ji Hoo and Jan Di) were shown. The pictures of the coupled showed the times when they were out on a date, while they were on vacation with their friends and family and their sweet moments together. Jan Di was crying as she watched the presentation.

Then a video clip of her parents and little brother was shown. Jan Di's dad "Eh Geum Jan Di. We love you! (her brother was waving frantically in the background while her mom was crying) Just follow your heart and don't think twice. Arasso? Happy birthday!" The next video clip was from Ji Hoo's grandfather "Geum Jan Di. No words can express how grateful I am for bringing me and Ji Hoo together. Although I don't want to admit it but you are an angel to me and my grandson. So please, say yes child. You have no idea what kind of happiness you bring me and Ji Hoo. Happy birthday." 

The screen suddenly went blank and Jan Di looked around to see where her friends are or more specifically she was looking for Ji Hoo. But the wall suddenly lit up once again. This time it was Ji Hoo who was in the video. Jan Di walked closer where the video was being played. 

"Geum Jan Di. Happy birthday. I know you have a million questions in your head right now (Jan Di gave out a small laugh because it was true) but please just listen to me. Thank you for shouting in the rooftop of Shinhwa school that day because if it wasn't for that day, I would have never met you. Thank you for making me believe in love again. Thank you for making learn what true love is. Thank you for loving me and accepting me for who the sleepy person that I am. Geum Jan Di, please never forget that I love you with all of my heart and all of my being. I will never let you go no matter what. So please can you turn around?"

Jan Di instantly turned around and saw Ji Hoo walking towards her. The set up of the dining room was suddenly different. There were candles everywhere giving off a romantic vibe. Jun Pyo, So Won, Jae Kyung, Woo Bin, Ga Eul and Yi Jung were at the right side of the dining room all smiling at Ji Hoo and Jan Di. 

Jan Di could not help but cry as she felt what Ji Hoo was planning to do. Before she could say anything or give off any reaction, Ji Hoo was near her and then knelt down on 1 knee. Jan Di covered and looked at Ji Hoo who started to speak "I will never let you go no matter how big your appetite is or how fatal your flying spin kick is (all of them gave out a small laugh). You complete me. You gave me a reason to explore life and be a better person. I promise to do my best to never hurt you and only make you cry because of happiness. Geum Jan Di, will you do me the honor of being my wife and mother of my children. Will you marry me?" Ji Hoo then looked at Jun Pyo who walked over the couple and handed Ji Hoo the velvety box. 

Jan Di was surprised with what she saw and look at Jun Pyo who smiled at her and then gave her a nod. Jan Di could not help but smile because she was now assured that Jun Pyo doesn't have any issue with Ji Hoo's proposal. She then looked at the exquisite ring inside the velvety box and then looked Ji Hoo as tears were still falling down on her cheeks. 

She smiled at Ji Hoo and said "Yes. Yes Ji Hoo, I will marry you."

All of their friends started clapping and cheering as Ji Hoo stood up and put the engagement ring on Jan Di's finger. He hugged her and whispered "I love you so much Geum Jan Di."  To which Jan DI replied "I love you too Ji Hoo. I love you so much."  They then released each other and kissed on the lips. And on cue, a fireworks display started in the middle of the sea. 

---------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter