Chapter 32

After All This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride going back to Ga Eul's apartment was uncomfortably silent. Yi Jung was staring staight ahead on to the road, while Ga Eul was staring at her hands who was constantly peeking to Yi Jung. But considering how tightly Yi Jung was holding the steering wheel it was very obvious that he was still pissed to what he saw earlier in the restaurant. 

At the rate of speed Yi Jung was driving, they arrived at Ga Eul's apartment in no time. Yi Jung immediately went out of the car not even bothering to open the door for Ga Eul. The latter knew this was a bad sign because Yi Jung will never let her out of the car without him having to open the door for her. With a loud sigh, Ga Eul went out of the car and saw Yi Jung already waiting at the top of the stairs beside her door. 

With a loud sigh, Ga Eul went out of the car and fished her keys from her bag. As soon as she was standing beside Yi Jung in front of the door, the latter turned his back against Ga Eul, "I guess he's really pissed at me. He doesn't even want to look at me. Haaaaaaissssst." Ga Eul thought to herself as she entered her apartment.

"Are you coming in?"  Ga Eul asked tentatively. Yi Jung then faced her and then entered her apartment. He went straight to the couch and crossed his arms. "I"ll just get some water."  Ga Eul announced as the silence between her and Yi Jung is defeaning. As she took a step towards the kitchen, "So I guess you being busy means you are having lunch with Hye Son huh?"  Yi Jung blurted out. 

Yi Jung could not help but use an accusing tone towards Ga Eul, he opted not to confront her earlier when he saw her and Hye Son having lunch at a restaurant. Because he knew that once he started talking he will be tactless towards her because of the anger he was feeling. "With the way he kissed you on the cheek I'm guessing it wasn't a business meeting. Unless all of your business partners kiss you on the cheek?" Yi Jung said.

Ga Eul closed her eyes because she knew that she deserved the backlash of her lying to Yi Jung. However, his tone of voice and the statements he said hurt her nonetheless. But still she didn't want them to fight and she knows that this is her fault and so she said "I'm sorry Yi Jung-ah. I know I should have told you earlier that we met. But he surprised me at the school. When I got off work he was already waiting outside the school. I can't decline to his invitation because my co-teachers were staring at us. I don't want to embarass him."  Ga Eul took a seat beside Yi Jung as she tried to explain her side. "I should have told you immediately that I was with him but I got scared that the incident last night between the two of you will be repeated if you see us together again. So I.. I... I chose not to tell you immediately. I was going to tell you about our meet-up when we have dinner. But I guess I opted for the wrong option." 

Yi Jung was still fuming with what he saw earlier because he saw that Hye Son kissed Ga Eul on the cheeks. And the first thing that came out of his mouth was, "So if I went out on a date with another girl it will be ok to tell it to you later than sooner is that it? That's ok?" Ga Eul eyes went wide with what she heard. "Is he seriously telling me that he is considering going out with some other girl??" Ga Eul thought to herself. "That is totally different between the situation with me and Hye Son."

Already annoyed with what she heard, "Fine! If you want to go on dates with other girls so be it! Tell me about the date afterwards ok??"  Ga Eul was obviously sarcastic when she said this making Yi Jung turn his head to her. "Live up to the expectaition that you still THE Cassanova of Korea!"  Ga Eul stood up and headed towards the door. 

Yi Jung could not believe it. "Is she seriously mad at me right now?? Wasn't she the one who just went out on a date with another guy??? Why is the one mad at me??" Yi Jung thought to himself as he was totally confused with the sudden turn of events. 

"Well what are you still sitting there? Get out of my apartment and go on a date Cassanova!!!"  Ga Eul shouted at Yi Jung while holding the door open. Yi Jung got up from the couch feeling confused and pissed at the same time. So he could not help but say "Why are you the one mad?? You are the one who went out on a date!!!" Yi Jung tried to defend himself from the rage Ga Eul was showing towards him. 

"It wasn't a date! It was an ambush where I told Hye Son that I don't have any feelings for him because of you. Because after all these years its still you Cassanova!" Ga Eul shouted at Yi Jung whose eyes went wide from what he heard. But he didn't want to back down because he knew that he's not the one at fault with the argument they are having. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter