Chapter 21

After All This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I didn't know. I'm so sorry Ga Eul." So Won said for the thousandth time. She was seated with the 3 girls on the deck above. They were trying to console Ga Eul as she was still clueless on how to explain to Yi Jung her secrecy of C.G.E.

"Its ok So Won really. Its not your fault. If anyone is at fault its me." Ga Eul assured So Won as she gave her a small smile. "I should've said something about C.G.E. sooner. My lying to Yi Jung is nobody's fault but mine."  she said as looked at the 3 girls who were staring at her. 

"What do you mean lying? I mean its obvious Yi Jung and you are not in good terms. But I don't understand the lying part."  Jan Di said to Ga Eul. 

Ga Eul then sighed in frustration as her mind was blank on how to approach Yi Jung. As much as she wanted not to disclose the details of their misunderstading to the girls, she had no choice but to tell them because they could actually help her come up with a solution with her present dilemma. 

"Well yesterday, Yi Jung was supposed to pick me up from school (Wo Son, Jan Di and Jae Kyung nodded in unison showing her that they were listening). But I told him to pick me 3-4 hours later than the usual of his pick up time because I told him I'll be doing overtime work. But the truth was, I met up with Hye Son. Unfortunately, Yi Jung saw me and Hye Son in the cafe. Worst, Yi Jung saw Hye Son holding my hand."  Ga Eul told them. The 3 girls were looking at one another understanding what Ga Eul meant about the lying part. 

Ga Eul continued "Then he found out now about C.G.E. I mean C.G.E. is a big deal to slip from my mind considering we've been hanging out these past couple of days. Obviously he's pissed. I just don't know how I'll approach him and explain my side." Ga Eul sadly said. She never thought that the cruise will start on such a sour note. 

"Just tell the truth Ga Eul. He may not fully understand your reasons for lying and hiding C.G.E. but it will be more harmful if you keep lying to him right? I know he has hurt you gravely but his trying to make his amends. Before you arrived, he was pestering me and Ji Hoo if Woo Bin already picked you up from your apartment. Cause apparently your boyfriend (looking at Jae Kyung) does not know how to answer his phone even though Yi Jung already called him several times."  Jan Di said with a convicing smile towards Ga Eul. Wit this, Ga Eul smiled and nodded to Jan Di as a sign of her gratitude. 

"You were on a date with Hye Son??"  Jae Kyung suddenly exclaimed. "That's all you remembered after all that she said??" Jan Di fired back at Jae Kyung. The 4 girls then laughed at the same time. 

 

Meanwhile at the second floor of the yatch.........

"Hey man. Try to cheer up." Woo Bin said to Yi Jung who was sulking in his seat. "I didn't take time off to see you sad Yi Jung. Smile and drink." Jun Pyo said to his friend who was unsuccessful in cheering up his friend.

"Why didn't you tell me? I talked to you guys several times. Why didn't you tell me?" Yi Jung said to his friends. He was not just feeling sad because Ga Eul lied to him and kept something from him but he was also sad, and kinda pissed off, at his friends from keeping him in the dark regarding Ga Eul's jewelry designing. 

"Ga Eul asked us not to to tell you Yi Jung. She made us promise. We found out about it what? 6 months after she started. Even Jan Di didn't find out about it immediately. After what happened between you guys, we could not say no to her." Ji Hoo tried to explain but this brought out new questions from Yi Jung "She asked you to keep it a secret? From me? Why?"  Yi Jung asked.

Woo Bin then tapped Yi Jung's shoulder then pointed at the door and said "Why don't you ask her that?"  Yi Jung then looked at where Woo Bin was pointing his finger and saw Ga Eul signalling him to go where she stood.

-------------------------------------------------

Ga Eul stared at Yi Jung who was quietly seated in the couch of her bedroom. She doesn't know how to start apoligizing or explaining him. As the minutes passed by the silence in Ga Eul's room grew which made Yi Jung more uncomfortable so he said "I think you should rest for a while. You had a long morning. I'll go ahead."  he stood up and made his way to the door. Ga Eul stood and held Yi Jung's wrist as he tried to open the door as she said "Sunbae..." 

Yi Jung stopped on his tracks as he heard Ga Eul's voice. He then give a loud sigh and turned around to his lady love. He then sat beside her and then looked at her. Ga Eu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter