The Promise

After All This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4 years since a promise was made. A promise still waiting to be fulfilled.

"They look happy. The cups inside the kiln. They seem happier burning in the fire." Chu Ga Eul stated it as a matter of fact.

"Why?" Yi Jung said sounding amazed of this deep little country bumpkin. 

"Because they have hope for when they're out of the fire." Chu Ga Eul saying this while staring intently on the kiln.

"It's like you to say that." Yi Jung could not help but chuckle a bit.

"Now it's your turn." Chu Ga Eul looking at Yi Jung as she knew he had a reason for bring her there. "I'm ready. I know you have something to say." 

"Bad news first?" Yi jung asked inquisitively. He knew Chu Ga Eul loved happy endings so he's reserving the good news (he hoped) until later. He then exhales deeply and said, "I'm... I'm leaving." Chu Ga Eul's eyes went wide showing panic and fear. But Yi Jung did not see that, as he did not dare look at her for fear of how she would react to his statement. "Maybe it's not such bad news to you"

"Where to?" Chu Ga Eul asked him, trying to cover the confusion and sadness in her voice. He brings me here and then this? Her mental battle should learn to shut up because otherwise she'll end up crying.

"Sweden." Yi Jung said as he gulped because even he could  not accept the reality of how far that place is from Korea. How far Sweden is from a certain person actually. 

"When. And for how long?" Chu Ga Eul st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter