009

Without You

 

 

 

Taeyong looked up as his cousin entered his office.

“How was~”

“Would you mind telling me what happened? I was just gone for a few days and Isabelle seems…unstable.”

“I was going to ask you the same thing.” Taeyong closed his laptop. Johnny sat down on the couch.

“Are you meeting her for lunch?” He asked, Johnny shook her head.

“I’m picking up Songhee in a few. Iz isnt’ returning any of my calls.”

“But, something must have happened at work.” Taeyong pointed out, just then the doors opened.

“Jaehyun-ah,” Johnny greeted the male.

“Hi, hyung, have you seen noona? Her office said she only came to pick up a few documents and she left right away.”

“No, I haven’t seen her in days.” Johnny murmured.

 

 

“No, no, this is okay, director.” Minah nodded at the male. She was at their Paju location and she came unannounced.

“We just have to move up the dates so we can keep up until the opening, other than that I think we’ll be okay.” She stated, her phone started to vibrate again. She excused herself and stood up.

“Taeyong-ah,” She cleared .

“Ya, where are you? Jaehyun came by, he was worried, you weren’t picking up his calls and your secretary was just here, looking for you.” He started to nag.

“Something came up at Paju.” She said hesitantly.

“Arasso, dinner later with us. Okay?”

“Taeyong, I~”

“I will see you there.” He said again, she sighed.

“Okay.”

 

 

“She picked up your call? Unfair!” Johnny said as he manned the grill, they were at Taeyong’s Gangnam villa. It has been three days since Minah made any contact or showed herself to them.

And deep inside it bothered Seo Youngho.

Eunhee chuckled.

“What happened to Minah the other day? Your secretary seemed confused as well.” Songhee asked.

“I don’t know…Something must be bothering her.”

“But, nothing ever bothers her, I mean, you know noona, she’s always so chill.” Doyoung pointed out.

 Before anyone could speak, Isabella appeared by the glass doors.

“Unnie!” Eunhee ran up to her, she smiled and kissed the child’s forehead.

You feeling better?” Johnny asked, but Minah stayed on her place.

“Noona?” Jaehyun looked up.

Yeah, I am. I thought dinner was just us.” She blurted out, Taeyong looked up.

“I meant…you, me and Youngho.”

“Ouch…?” Doyoung grinned, Minah awkwardly laughed. Songhee looked away, her brows meeting briefly.

Johnny looked up from the grill.

“I prepared beef skewers for you boo, so you better~”

“Actually, I just came by to tell you that I couldn’t join you guys.” She started, Taeyong halted.

“I have a meeting.”

“Izzy, it’s seven pm.”

“I know, it’s urgent, actually. I’m sorry.” She spoke; Johnny put down the tongs and walked to her.

“Ya, I haven’t seen you~” He was about lean down to kiss the side of her cheek but she pulled back.

Taeyong paused.

Iz?

She looked up to meet Youngho’s confused gaze.

Bye.” She said simply before dashing for the front door.

 

 

“This is good, thank you, TY.” Songhee grinned at the male.

“I try.” He chuckled; Johnny picked up his fork and took a small sip from his wine.

“Is something happening in the company?” Taeyong looked at Jaehyun.

“Not really, we were supposed to have a meeting yesterday. Noona did seem excited to have us around.” Doyoung replied.

“She was in town yesterday?” Johnny looked up.

“Yes, hyung. Why?”

“When I called her she said she was in Cheonju.” Johnny trailed off.

“Johnny, how was Japan?” Songhee squeezed his arm.

“She wasn’t at Cheonju, she was with us the whole afternoon.” Jaehyun nodded, Taeyong just shook his head.

Johnny’s brows met briefly.

“Johnny?” Songhee nudged him; he blinked and glanced at her.

“It was okay, well, I was busier than usual.” He nodded and kissed her forehead. She smiled at him.

“Did you get your lady something?” Doyoung teased, Eunhee made a face before taking a sip of her juice.

“I did. Not that you have to know that.” Johnny glared at the younger male. Doyoung chuckled, Songhee grinned at him.

“Which reminds me, I haven’t sent those green matcha stuff to Isabelle.” He blinked.

“She’s only Isabelle when you’re worried.” Taeyong mused.

“Well, obviously, your best friend has been avoiding you.” Doyoung pointed out with his usual bluntness. Taeyong snorted.

“Has she..?”

“Well, you’re the only one~” Jaehyun nudged his cousin, Doyoung closed his mouth.

“Well, maybe she’s avoiding Taeyong hyung too.” Doyoung nodded before becoming busy with his food again.

 

 

I can’t deal with this.” Minah said as she marched to her car, she quickly got inside and sped away from the house.

“But Taeyong makes the best beef skewers.” She sighed as she leaned back on her seat, her phone started to vibrate.

It was Johnny. She shook her head and just stepped on the gas.

 

 

“Doyoung-ah,” Johnny stood up from his seat and approached the younger male who was playing with Eunhee.

“Yes, hyung?”

“What did you mean by your cousin avoiding me?” He asked.

“..N—Not just you, hyung!” Doyoung defended, Johnny just stared at him.

“Actually, we’ve been helping out at the Seoul Intercon branch, we’re always with noona,” He began.

“We always see when you call her, she just..lets it ring, sometimes she purposely leaves her phone in her office. We didn’t notice it at first, but…it became too obvious. She does seem preoccupied, but when she picked up Taeyong hyung’s call earlier, it was by accident. She thought it was her secretary.” Doyoung nodded.

“She…She can’t be avoiding me. Why would she?” The older male stated, Doyoung shrugged.

“I tried asking her, but she just brushed me off.”

“Tell me~” Johnny halted when Songhee reached them, she twined her fingers with his.

“I think it’s time we go home, I have work tomorrow.” She smiled at him, Johnny nodded.

“Unnie, can’t you drive yourself home? You’re already an adult and my uncle isn’t your driver.” Eunhee looked up from her book. Doyoung was stunned.

 Johnny just stared at his niece, speechless.

Doyoung was so tempted to give the child a high five. Songhee just paused, confused.

Then Taeyong came running to them.

 

 

“He he he he, good night!” He said as he picked up his daughter and ran back to the house.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++