007

Without You

 

 

“I took the liberty of buying meat.” Taeyong said as Jaehyun entered the kitchen. Minah was inside her study, ever since she arrived from work, she’s been more quiet than usual.

“So, what’s up, hyung?” Jaehyun asked as he started washing the vegetables.

“What?”

“I called Johnny hyung yesterday, he’s still with Songhee.”

“Yeah.” Taeyong nodded as he looked for the chopping board.

“But I always assumed she was just a fling.”

“What are you saying?” Taeyong shook his head.

“Minah noona and Johnny hyung, that’s what I’m saying.”

Taeyong grinned.

“You think that way too?”

Jaehyun nodded.

“I don’t know if they’re aware of it, but they suit each other so well.”

“Ya, she might hear you.” Taeyong warned with a smirk.

“I do hope they end up together. Because you know, it has always been Izzy and Youngho, Youngho and Izzy.”

 

 

 

“Without a doubt, Taeyong is the best.” Songhee smiled as the meat was served, Doyoung chuckled before helping Eunhee with some greens.

“But where’s Isabella unnie?” The child asked, Jaehyun looked up.

“I’m here, sorry, I have some unfinished work~” She halted when her eyes went to Songhee.

“I called her up. It’s been quite a while since we ate together.” Taeyong pulled a chair for her, Minah stood still, her brows meeting briefly.

“I…I…” She stuttered.

“Noona?” Doyoung looked at her.

“Let’s eat, boo.” Taeyong pulled her, Minah sat down and picked up her chopsticks.

“Are you not feeling well?” Songhee touched her shoulder, Minah looked at her.

“I—I’m fine, just a little..dizzy.” She fibbed before removing the girl’s hand from her shoulder.

Taeyong’s brows went up.

“Taeyong-ah, I can’t eat this.” She said as she looked at her plate, Taeong had placed tangsooyuk and pork cutlets on her plate.

“Huh?” He looked at her; she just smiled and returned the meat.

“I don’t eat pork with sauces.”

“Right, Johnny hyung always has to finish all the sauced pork dishes when you eat out.” Doyoung chuckled, Songhee looked away.

“Sorry, I forgot, but I did make kimchi stew and~”

“I’ll go get it.” She stood up and walked to the kitchen.

“She’s acting strange.” Doyoung muttered.

 

 

 

Minah entered the kitchen and whipped out of her phone, she closed her eyes briefly before pressing the green icon.

Izzy?” Johnny sounded groggy and tired.

Were you sleeping? This early?

Not yet, today was really tiring though. Have you eaten?

“Hmm.” She replied, she had no idea why she called him, but she just needed to speak to him.

Iz..Is something wrong?” Johnny spoke after he took note of her silence.

No…I mean, ani, nothing’s wrong. I just wanted to..check on you.” She drummed her fingers on the counter, she could see Johnny smiling from the other end.

I’m doing okay, Isabelle.

She nodded, he was the only one who called her Isabelle.

Then, see you.

Whoa, you must really miss me, huh?” He chuckled.

Don’t start, Seo Youngho.

Good night, Iz.

She put her phone down and exhaled.

“I should never have asked for those photos.” She mumbled as she walked to the stove.

 

 

“Noona?”

Minah looked up, Jaehyun was smiling at her as he approached.

“You seem a little..disconnected.”

She smiled and shook her head.

“I’m just not used to having Youngho around especially when Songhee’s here.”

“I thought you two got along.” Jaehyun asked.

“We did..We do, just…without Johnny here, I don’t know how to talk to her.” She reasoned as she faced the veranda.

“Yeah, I’ll leave trying to fish out the truth from you to Johnny hyung, noona. I know it’s hard to make you talk.” Jaehyun chuckled, she made a face at him.

“I’ll get back inside.” He said before leaving her, Minah faced the grills and leaned on them.

“Why am I so nosy? I just dug my own grave.” She muttered darkly before taking a long sip from her beer.

 

“I shouldn’t have done that. Park Minah, you idiot.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++