025

Without You

 

 

 

“Let’s just transfer, oppa.” Minah said quietly.

“Okay, we can~”

Youngho arrived at their table, Minah looked up.

“Yuta sunbae, can I talk to her for a bit?”

“It depends on her.” Yuta replied evenly, Minah just stood up, picked up her purse and sidestepped her friend.

“Let’s go then, oppa.” She spoke before walking towards the doors, Johnny exhaled. Yuta glanced at the male before following the girl.

Isabelle,” Youngho caught up to them, he took hold of her wrist tightly.

Stop it, I’m done. We’re done.” She said quietly before yanking his hand off.

 

 

Youngho left the restaurant abruptly. He was about to reach his car when Songhee caught up to him.

“Johnny~”

He faced her, then he shook his head.

“Why did you do that? Look, I know you’re confused right now,” Songhee started to take his hand in hers, but he pulled away.

“I was stupid for forgiving you.” He spoke, Songhee stopped.

“I guess mistook everything, but all she wanted was to protect me from you. And I should have listened.”

“Youngho~”

“I don’t care, if it only happened once or twice, but I can’t lose her just because of you.” Johnny shook his head.

“I’m sorry, Songhee. But this is over, we are over.”

Songhee felt her tears fall.

“I never did choose you over Isabelle. It was a mistake.”

 

 

 

“It has been three weeks.” Jaehyun said, they were at Taeyong’s office.

“I don’t understand, from what I heard, Johnny hyung and Songhee noona are over.” Doyoung mumbled.

“I only saw her twice last week, this week, none.” Doyoung said.

“Me? None.” Jaehyun shrugged.

“Me too. Eunhee’s been asking to see her, I don’t know what to say.” Taeyong sighed.

“How is she?” Taeyong asked.

“She’s been driving back and forth to Gwangju and Incheon for work, she’s taken three new projects too. She spends most of her weekends with Yuta hyung, working too.” Doyoung shook his head.

“Those articles about them must be driving Johnny hyung crazy, huh?” Jaehyun looked up.

“Crazy as in he’s not showing up in his office lately. Nobody can reach him.” Taeyong stated.

“He does appear sometimes, but he’s not..himself.”

 

 

“Why would they move it without prior announcement?”

The male winced and put the folder down on his boss’s desk.

“It was decided by manager Gu, since the report wasn’t~”

Johnny pushed the folder away, he exhaled.

“Tell them to move the meeting.” He spoke.

“When?”

“This afternoon.”

The male panicked and swallowed.

“But, vice president~”

“If he objects, ask him who he’s actually working for.” He said before dismissing him. The male just nodded meekly before leaving the room.

“Seo Youngho?”

Youngho looked up from the couch, he heard Minah close the door behind her and greeted the house helper.

“Are you okay now?” She asked as she arrived at the living room, he made a face at her.

“This wouldn’t have gotten worse if you only went to the hospital.” She sighed as she pressed the back of her palm on his forehead. She sat beside him and glanced at TV.

“Star Wars? Really? You should be sleeping, it’s raining outside.” She glanced at the windows, she yawned before slowly pulling his blanket towards her. He chuckled.

“Come here, Iz.” He said as he opened one arm to her, she smiled before leaning against his side.

“School has been driving me crazy.” She complained softly.

“You can always ditch school and marry me. Win-win situation for the both of us. I wont be forced to go to blind dates~”

“Ew, Seo Youngho. Why would I marry some plain ol’ chaebol kid?” She shuddered, Johnny laughed.

It’s cliché.She made a face.

“Just go to sleep if you’re sleepy, Izzy. You don’t need to watch over me.” He pulled the blankets closer to her and kissed the crown of her head. Then she suddenly bolted up.

“I made you soup, come.” She took his hand and pulled him towards the kitchen.

“You were sleepy for like, two seconds and now~”

“Come on, giant, I need you to be all fit and healthy because I need you to make those chocolate thingies again. It was good.” She pointed out.

“Fine, fine, baby boo.”

Johnny exhaled and glanced at his phone, it had been three weeks since he last saw her. Minah had cut off all contact with him; emails, texts, calls and she even somehow managed to find a way to avoid seeing him at their usual lunch place.

She was always seen with Yuta, a lot of rumors were already circulating around them and it bothered Youngho that none of them clarified anything. He needed to know what was going on, he needed to see her face; he needed to hear her voice.

He needed her.

He missed her so much and it hurt like hell.

“Even alcohol wont help you now.”

Youngho opened his eyes, his cousin had just entered his office.

“What are you going to do?”

“I don’t know, I used to have Isabelle for this.” He said quietly.

“Do you want me to speak honestly, hyung?” Taeyong said flatly.

“You love her. I’m guessing you’ve always had, but it just never came up. You never even realized how much you prioritize her over your own girlfriend. You always did put her first, and you’re so used to having her around that sometimes I think you’re the one who cheated on Songhee first.”

Johnny grew quiet.

“So, do something about it. You can’t just let her be taken away from you again.”

“She doesn’t even want to see me, Taeyong.”

 

“Yeah, it’s either you go on with that, or you lose her, your choice.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++