030

Without You

 

“I got you your usual morning coffee, VP.” Kangjun smiled as his boss stepped out of the elevator.

“I don’t understand, what does the BOD want? They’re all demanding me to be there, attend this, and be~”

“It’s all part of your training, VP.” Kangjun said mildly. Minah took a sip from the cup, she halted.

“I don’t remember telling you that~”

“Matcha latte, two sugars, no cream.” Kangjun nodded.

“How did you know? I usually~”

“You usually ask for a latte, yes.” He mused as they entered her office.

“Secretary Lim was here earlier, he brought a few cups over. Chairman Seo said it was your favorite.”

Izzy just nodded quietly, then she halted.

“Kangjun~”

“They also came with the coffee.” He nodded before quickly leaving the room, Minah stared at the huge box of flowers on her desk.

It didn’t come with a card; she bit her lip as she looked at the bangle around her wrist.

Then the doors opened, a slim young lady was smirking at her.

“U—Unnie!” She stood up in surprise.

“Want to grab breakfast with me?” She grinned as Minah ran up to her and hugged the older girl.

 

 

“When did you arrive?” Minah asked excitedly as she was served her sandwich.

“In the wee hours of the morning. I couldn’t sleep so.. I decided to visit you.”

Minah grinned. Kim Inyoung was a year older than her, a well-known fashion-designer and also known as Samsung’s heiress.

“Whoa, I feel honored. Taeyong will obviously blabber about this.” Izzy chuckled.

If  Johnny has an Izzy, Taeyong also has his Inyoung, or in his words, Trouble.

“Speaking of the Seo cousins.”

Izzy’s brows rose.

“I know everything, even without asking Taeyong. I just don’t understand, why you two are acting differently?” She shook her head.

“Unnie, it’s just that~”

“Doyoung told me over the phone, obviously Johnny loves you, and you, you ice princess, he’s always be an exception to you. So, why? Why? Why?” Inyoung said.

“It’s not easy, unnie. After everything~”

“It was his mistake for being with that girl for so long, but, Minah-ya, he’s always been there for you. Don’t you see him that way too?”

Minah paused, she put her sandwich done.

“Think about how easy it would be if you accepted him. Keeping up with this..it might cause you to lose him.” Inyoung said carefully.

“Not just as someone you love, but your friend. So, tell him what you really feel. Don’t leave him hanging.”

“You just came back and yet you’re already lecturing me? You were gone for a year, no contact, no~” Minah eyed her warily. Inyoung snorted.

“I was busy.” She replied.

“Aren’t we all?” Minah made a face at her.

“I was talking to Taeyong a lot, he didn’t mention it?” Inyoung put her juice down, Minah shook her head, then before she could speak a male approached her.

“Uhm, miss Park?”

Izzy faced him.

“Yes? Do I know you?” She spoke.

“We met at the Mondo party a few days ago, I just wanted to ask you if you’d like to join us tonight.” The male said carefully.

“Tonight? I’m busy, I’m sorry.”  Minah said, the male just nodded and left.

“Ya, he’s good-looking!” Inyoung nudged her foot with her shoe.

“Aigoo, a lot of males still ask you out and yet you~”

“Unnie, he’s not my type.” Minah said just to make the girl shut up, Inyoung nodded and eyed the male again.

“Well, you’re right. You always went for the tall, handsome and sunny disposition types.”

“What?” She blinked.

“Look at your track record, Nakamoto Yuta, campus prince charming. And now Seo Youngho.”

“Unnie, you~”

“Mehrong.” Inyoung just chuckled.

 

 

 

“It’s a good thing, honey.” Mrs. Park squeezed her daughter’s hand.

“I’m a bit worried, eomma, it’s a big project. But I’m working with Yuta oppa so, it’s okay..I guess.” She exhaled.

“Your grandfather would be so proud of you.” Mrs. Park smiled.

“I miss him.” Minah sighed, then her secretary came in her office, carrying a small package in his hands.

“This just arrived, ma’am.” He said as he set the box on the desk. Minah just nodded.

“What’s that?” Her mother asked, Minah paused when she noticed the familiar CJ&E logo on the box.

“Oh, it must be Youngho.” She said.

“Did you two finally patch things up? You were arguing last time.” The elder frowned; Minah just opened the box and stopped.

It was a set of six miniature Alpacasso keychains.

“Aigoo, you kids sure know how to play.” Mrs. Park patted her daughter’s hand before leaving the office.

She plucked out the note.

LA’s has their own Harry Potter Park now. We should go. –Youngho

“And you finally sign your name.” She smiled and shook her head.

The note was stuck on a photo of her and Youngho during their visit to Japan’s Universal Studios a few months ago, on one of the miniature plushies, a single key was taped to it.

Minah stood up from her desk and started to run.

“VP~”

“Who delivered that box? It wasn’t his secretary, right?”

Kangjun nodded.

“It was Chairman Seo himself, he said he didn’t want to disturb you~”

Minah started to run towards the elevator.

 

 

 

“Ma’am, this just arrived for you.” The security guard said just as she exited the doors, she halted.

“Just arrived?” She repeated as she looked at the orange McLaren parked in front of Park Group’s office entrance.

It’s a ing sports car.” She mumbled, then she looked around, she spotted a black Maybach just rolling out of the corner, she recognized the tall male, standing a few meters away from her as he waited for his car.

“Seo Youngho!” She called just as the valet reached him, Johnny looked up, shocked to see her.

Isabelle.

What are you doing?” She asked as she reached him.

I~

She placed the key on his hand.

This has to stop, Johnny.” She said calmly, Johnny’s eyes widened.

Is the color not to your liking~

“No, it’s not the color…But this…all this..” She said and shook her head.

I’m sorry…I can’t do this.” She finished.

Isabelle…I~

This has to stop. We’ll only get hurt of you continue doing this. And I don’t want to hurt you, Johnny. You’re my best friend, and I would do anything just to keep you in my life, but there are some things that I can’t give you.

Johnny met her gaze evenly.

Have I hurt you so much?

You did. But, that’s not the point, I~

Are you telling me stop winning you over, Isabelle?” He asked softly.

I’m asking you to be my friend again. So, stop doing this, please.” She reached for his hand, but Johnny pulled away.

Got it, Isabella. I’ll see you around then.” He turned his back to her and walked to his car.

Isabella.

I’m finally Isabella.

 

Minah ran her fingers through her hair as she watched the Maybach leave.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++