020

Without You

 

 

 

Minah climbed down the grand staircase quickly; she wiped her damp cheek as she reached the lobby. She rushed towards the doors and exited the building.

“I need a cab, please.” She spoke to the valet. She swallowed and looked at her feet. She had no idea why she was crying, but she felt hurt and angry.

She let out a shaky breath just as a black taxicab stopped in front of her, the valet opened the door for her.

She was about to get inside when she felt somebody pull her back.

“Where are you going?”

She looked up to meet his gaze, Johnny’s eyes widened when he saw her tear-stained cheeks.

Isabelle~

“Just..let go. I have to go.” She quipped before pulling her hand away from him.

“Izzy, I~”

“I have to go. Tell auntie and uncle I say hi.” She said before getting inside the cab and it sped away.

Youngho exhaled and loosened his tie as he watched the vehicle leave.

 

 

 

Minah slid down from the cab and walked towards the hospital’s entrance doors, she earned a few curious glances as she stepped in the establishment.

“Minah?”

She paused and looked to her left, Yuta was looking at her oddly.

“You’re a little overdressed…or am I underdressed?” He was smiling as he reached her.

“No, I’m overdressed.” She nodded, Yuta paused.

“Did something happen?”

She shook her head.

“I was attending this party~”

“CJ&E? I was invited, but I had to get some tests done here.” He said as he walked with her.

“Now, you, why would you leave that party? Johnny actually allowed you to leave? Daebak.” He mused.

“Well, things with Johnny have become a little difficult.” She said quietly, his brows met.

“Why? You guys~”

“I don’t want to talk about Youngho, oppa.”

Yuta pursed his lips.

“Then, are you here to visit your grandfather? I saw the news.” He said carefully.

“Yeah.”

“How about we get dinner? I’ll wait for you at the lobby.” Yuta said as he took off his coat and draped it around her.

“That sounds good, oppa. I’ll come find you then.” She nodded before going inside the elevator.

 

 

“What do you think, vice president?”

Taeyong swiveled to his left, like him, most of the directors were waiting for his cousin’s reply.

“Vice president?”

Youngho finally looked up, his eyes went to the male talking to him.

“Yes?”

“They’re asking whether we should give the Banpo project a go.” Taeyong spoke.

“I…I already talked to the president about it, let’s move on with it.” Youngho nodded, then he stood up.

“You will have to excuse me.” He said quietly before leaving the room, the other directors looked at each other confusedly, their young boss was acting oddly; Taeyong just sighed and leaned back on his seat.

 

 

Minah entered her office, she looked around her.

“Director,”

Kangjun entered the office, Eunhee was with him.

“Princess!” She smiled as the young girl hugged her.

“I asked appa if he could drop me off, can I spend the day with you unnie? You haven’t been joining us for our usual lunch. Nobody buys me ice cream.” She complained, Minah chuckled.

“I mean, Johnny samchon does, but he always gets me chocolate chip cookie dough with extra strawberry toppings. And I’m allergic to chocolate.”

Minah paused, her brows rose.

“I know it’s your favorite, unnie. No need to cover up for him.” Eunhee made a face.

“I just wish you’d join us again, I’m always stuck with appa, samchon and that Pokemon looking lady.”

“What? A Pokemon?

“Songhee. Pffft.”

“Eunhee-yah, she’s older than you, you~”

Kangjun entered the room.

“Miss Shin is here to see you, director.” He said uncomfortably just as Songhee stepped in the room.

 

 

 

 

Johnny entered his office; he walked to the floor length windows and exhaled. All he could think about was how Isabelle left the party crying.

He turned to his desk, there was a photo of him, Taeyong and Izzy wearing Harry Potter themed sweaters, Izzy’s was Slytherin, Taeyong’s was Ravenclaw and his was a Gryffindor one.

Somehow, she managed to cut off all contact with him, although she did reply to his text once, claiming that she was too busy to join them for lunch.

But everything happened too fast, the moment when he confronted Songhee about the photos and video he saw, she started crying. She told him it was a big mistake; she was drunk and careless that time. Youngho’s brows met briefly. That time he felt so numb, he knew he shouldn’t have snapped at Isabelle, she was the type to protect everyone even if she ended up hurt herself.

He walked to his desk and flipped the photo over, there was a black and white polaroid photo of him and Izzy, she had her eyes closed while smiling as she leaned her head against his shoulder, Eunhee was the one who took it during their trip to Budapest.

“It’s eating you, huh?”

He looked up; Taeyong was standing by the doorway.

“You don’t know what to do because she wont talk to you, heck, she doesn’t even want to see you.”

“Taeyong-ah~”

“You can’t live without her. But you chose Songhee over your Isabelle. Crazy.” Taeyong shook his head.

“It’s not that easy~”

 

“Nobody ever said it was.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++