026

Without You

“It didn’t happen just once, but many times.” Doyoung echoed, Taeyong nodded at him as they exited the security department’s office.

“Should we tell him?” Doyoung asked.

“Do you think noona knew it didn’t just happen once?” Jaehyun spoke.

“Most likely.” Taeyong shook his head.

“But hyung, isn’t it odd, you said it’s like Songhee disappeared, right?” Doyoung glanced at the older male.

“Yeah, I don’t know what happened, but after that lunch with uncle and auntie…I haven’t seen her, not even once. Not that I miss her or anything. Ugh.” Taeyong made a face.

“What if they broke up?” Jaehyun asked.

“Well, we hit jackpot then.”

 

 

 

“Jeju?” Minah looked up.

“Groundbreaking’s next week, it’s good for PR if we both come.” Yuta said conversationally as he took a sip of his coffee.

“That sounds good, oppa.” She nodded and pinched the bridge of her nose, Yuta frowned.

“Ya, have you been sleeping well lately?”

“I’m busier than usual. Appa has been asking me to check on Gwangju and Cheonju for possible expansion. So, I’ve been driving there.”

“Park Minah, you’re a chaebol daughter, you can afford to hire a driver.” Yuta pointed out, she made a face at his terminologies.

“I like being alone, oppa. It gives me time to think.” She said as she picked up her fork, she paused and stared at the cake slice.

“I don’t eat pecans, oppa.” She said before standing up.

“I’ll~”

“It’s okay, I’ll ask if they can change it.” She picked up the plate and walked to the counter.

“SNU?” Johnny echoed.

“Yeah.” She replied as she took another spoonful of ice cream, Johnny had her on his back as they walked home.

“Want some?” She asked him.

“You’re only offering because the server accidentally put crushed pecans on it.” He pointed out before letting her feed him.

“Honestly, I’m a bit nervous.” She spoke as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“About what? School?”

“No, what if I can’t adjust there? I’ve never lived in Korea.” She explained while leaning her chin on his shoulder, Youngho smiled.

“You’re talking as if I’m letting you go live there alone.”

She paused and looked at his face, he was grinning.

“What are you saying?”

“I got in SNU too, ice princess.”

She beamed and slid down from his back.

“Oh my god, you just love to stalk me!” She laughed, he rolled his eyes.

“Admit it, you feel better now, huh?” He poked her waist; she just chuckled before hugging him.

“Ma’am?”

Minah looked up, disoriented.

“Were you going to change the slice you ordered?” She asked.

“Y—Yes, anything with chocolate will do.”

 

 

“So, I’ll pick you up later?” Yuta asked as the car pulled over in front of Minah’s villa, she sighed.

“You were the one who said you wanted to come because CEO exposure stuff.” He mused.

“I know.” She muttered.

“Izzy,”

She faced him as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

“I want you to rest, okay? You seem worn down.” He said with concern.

“Oppa, I’m telling you, I’m~”

“You’re not fine. You don’t need to hide things from me.” He said softly, Minah looked away.

“It’s just…everything reminds me of him, you know. It’s…scary and..”

“Just talk to him, that will fix things.” Yuta squeezed her hand.

“I don’t want to see him.” She replied before getting down and closing the door.

 

 

Minah exhaled and shook off her heels as she entered her home, she took off her jacket, revealing the sleeveless turtleneck she was wearing and untied her hair.

She walked to her fridge and halted, confused.

I heard you weren’t eating well.” A masculine voice spoke from behind her, she froze.

She spun around, only to find Johnny leaning against the kitchen counter; he had his arms crossed as he looked at her. Her eyes went to the center table, there was already a full meal prepared.

How..How did you get in?” She asked.

I have my own room here, Isabelle. Of course, I know how to get inside.” His tone was soft and careful.

Youngho, I don’t have time~

 

 

She’ll never be you.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++