037

Without You

Minah pulled away, she blinked at him.

That was very un-Izzy like.” Johnny mused, she climbed off the bed.

He just smiled at her before grabbing his cellphone, Izzy watched as he dialed on his phone.

“Secretary Song? Could you please bring Isabelle something to eat? Preferrably..?” His eyes went to her.

“Rice and beef.” She replied hastily.

“Rice and beef, she only drinks diet cola and bring in some fruit too.” He put his phone down and looked at her.

You should be resting, it is late.” She said quietly.

Izzy,” Youngho reached for her hand, she sat down beside him.

Why did you kiss me?” He asked.

Why do you ask?” She shot back, her nose scrunched, he chuckled.

Are we really going through this?” He chuckled while twirling his fingers around the tips of her hair.

I’m sorry for pushing you away, I was…too afraid. That was why I went to your place that day, I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to apologize, I wanted…I wanted to come back to you.” She looked at her fingers while speaking.

That’s good then.” Youngho took her hand and kissed it.

Thank you for coming to me, Isabelle.

Izzy just shrugged before wrapping her arms around his neck.

You have no idea how worried I was. Seeing you there….unconscious…and bleeding..I…For a moment, I thought…I thought…I was going..” She started to sob, Johnny just shook his head and rubbed her back soothingly.

I’m okay now, Iz. Stop crying.” He said calmly and kissed the side of her head. She closed and exhaled, she was about to pull away, but his grip around her tightened.

I’ve always wanted to hold you like this.” He said softly.

She just smiled and pressed her nose against his shoulder.

So are you going tell to me about what you have been doing?

What do you mean?

CJ&E’s legal team reported to me earlier..about a certain miss Park~

I had to takeover.” She said defiantly, Youngho let go of her and studied her face.

I was the one she wanted to hit, not you. And it’s only fair I do this. You got injured because of me, and…I’m your..best friend..or whatever I am now, but I let me do this, okay?” She nudged his shoulder.

Okay, now can you please start eating?” He asked as his secretary stepped in the room with food in tow.

“Did you bring apples and grapes?” She asked with a small grin as she saw the galbijjim.

“Yes, vice president, they are your favorites, right?” The male asked amiably.

“As expected, secretary Song is the best.” She chuckled as she picked up the chopsticks; Johnny just smiled as he leaned back against his pillows.

 

 

Johnny looked up from the couch as he heard someone knock, he was reading the day’s paper by the windows.

Johnny?” It was Mrs. Park’s voice, his eyes went to Isabelle, who was neatly tucked in on his bed.

Auntie, good morning.” He said as the two elders entered his room.

We heard about the accident, how are you feeling?

Uncle, hi.” He smiled, then the lady sighed.

“Park Minah! We’ve been looking for you since last night!” She hollered, Izzy groaned and turned away from them. Youngho scratched the back of his neck.

“She was here the whole time?” Mrs. Park looked at Johnny.

“Yes, she was a little tired, so I asked her to stay.” Johnny nodded as he slowly stood up.

Then Mr. Park spoke,

“I’m confused, who are we visiting, our daughter or Johnny?” He said as he looked at Youngho who was reading the paper and at her child, sleeping on the bed.

Izzy sat up, confused.

Ma~

“How could you steal a patient’s bed? Have you no guilt?”

Then her eyes widened, realization just hit her. She glanced at Johnny, he was grinning at her.

“I…I..”

Gosh, you two. You guys won’t ever find your other half you keep on acting like this. Youngho has to get married too, you too, Isabella.” Mrs. Park nagged.

But, auntie~

Seo Youngho!” Izzy bolted up from the bed, her eyes narrowed at him.

I’ll see you two later. Izzy you better let him rest.” Mrs. Park patted the younger male’s shoulder before leaving the room with her husband.

 

 

Izzy exhaled as the door closed, Youngho looked at her, amused.

“Are we going to keep it in secret?” He spoke, Izzy faced him.

“What do you think?” She asked him.

“I’m okay with whatever you think is better.” He shrugged, she smiled and just wrapped her arms around his waist.

“We can discuss it later, eomma’s right, I should let you rest.” She said as she pulled back.

“Thanks for lending me your bed.” She bumped fists with him, Youngho chuckled.

“How are you feeling?” He asked as he laced his fingers with hers.

It seems unreal that I said goodbye to halbae yesterday. And we still have this ceremony in a few days.” She said softly.

I’ll be there then.

Johnny, you just~

I’ll see you there.” He said firmly before kissing her squarely on the lips. She just made a face at him.

Stubborn giant.” She muttered before making her way towards the door.

 

Drive safely, Isabelle.” He said as she stepped out of the room, she just smiled before heading out.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++