038

Without You

 

Kangjun looked at his boss. Minah was sitting on her chair, reviewing some documents.

“Any updates regarding Songhee?”

“So far, no one has stepped forward, but VP, this..what you’re doing..”

“I know, some say I’m going overboard.” She said as she put the folder down and stood up.

“But they should try watching your best friend bleed in front of them while you couldn’t do anything.” She quipped before leaving the office. Kangjun followed her.

“Then, during your absence..”

“Doyoung will be here, Jaehyun will be at Seoul Intercon. Don’t worry, you can still reach me via phone.” She grinned at him.

“I know, ma’am. I’m just glad you’re taking a break. You need it.” He nodded with a smile.

“I’ll see you then.”

 

 

“Isabella unnie!” Eunhee leapt down from the chair and hugged Izzy as she entered the room, Taeyong looked up and grinned at her.

“Work ended early?” He teased us Johnny set his phone down.

“What did the doctor say?” She asked as she playfully socked his arm before taking the seat next to him.

“I can leave this place in three days.” Johnny said proudly.

“But, Iz, what happened? I heard from Doyoung~”

She shushed him, Taeyong blinked confused.

“What happened?” Johnny sat up on his bed, Eunhee looked up.

“It’s on the news, uncle, unnie’s taking this very long leave from work. Doyoung oppa is the current vice president of Mondo as of now.” Eunhee said as a matter of factly, Minah stared at the child, wide-eyed. Taeyong chuckled and picked up his daughter.

“We’ll get going now.” He said before they left the room, Johnny looked at Izzy who was in the process of brushing her hair down.

“So that’s why you’re dressed unusually..casual.” He pointed to her black jeans and a black blouse get-up.

I took an indefinite leave of absence, I told appa that,” She said as she sat on the bed.

I needed some time away from work. I deserve a little rest, right?” She sounded hesitant, Youngho smiled and nodded.

How’s your wound?” She asked him as she tried to reach for his hair, but he noticed something.

You were hurt.” He stated as he saw the thick bandages on her palm.

Just..cuts. It’s fine.” She pulled her hand away, Youngho’s brows met briefly.

It’s..not because of me, right? You taking a leave from work.

She laughed.

No, just..with everything’s that happened…I don’t..

Kangjun dropped by the other day, he said after the accident you never drove again.

Her brows met briefly, Johnny sighed before pulling her to his chest.

I…get nightmares..it’s just disconcerting.” She nodded quickly, her eyes went to the three piece black suit hanging on the coat rack across them.

I can get dressed in ten minutes, do you plan to go first or together?” Johnny asked as she pulled away.

Together. I’ll go get you something to eat downstairs.” She kissed his cheek before standing up.

Anything but hospital food, right?” She smiled as she picked up her purse.

Spicy wings!

Heol.” She mused before leaving the room.

 

 

“You’re just lucky Taeyong hyung’s family owns the hospital and allowed you to step for a bit.” Doyoung eyed the older male warily, Minah smiled and stood beside Jaehyun.

“That was….” Jaehyun shook his head, the burial ceremony had already ended, there were so many who came and a huge number of them wanted to meet the three heirs.

“You can go first, noona. We’ll take care of things here.” Jaehyun patted his cousin’s hand, she just nodded.

“Bye, noona.” Doyoung waved at them as they started to walk back towards the car.

So, this not telling anyone thing,” Youngho said lightly as they neared the Land Rover.

I knew this would come up.” She grinned, Johnny took the keys from her.

Johnny, I have a driver, you can’t~

He opened the front door and easily lifted her onto the seat; their eyes met briefly, Izzy made a face at him.

Maybe we should at least tell our parents?” He added, Izzy looked at him.

Why? Did they ask?” She asked, instead of replying, Youngho just pressed his lips against hers.

Not really.” He said as he pulled back.

Mine did, they even said they’d set me up on a blind date. Ew.” She mused, Johnny paused, his brows rose up. Izzy blinked and started shaking her head.

No, they weren’t serious~

We’re telling them next week.” He stated, Izzy was about to protest when she saw one of her aunts waving at them.

I could kiss you right now and that would set off a lot of talk in the family.” Johnny chuckled, she just grunted and strapped her seatbelt on.

I want to show you something.” He said before closing the door and climbing on the driver’s seat.

 

 

“Why are we in my house?” Izzy asked as she slid down the vehicle, Johnny just winked at her before going to the front door. She leaned back on the car and waited.

Well, I figured you couldn’t use the McLaren,” Youngho said.

You gave me a car out of the blue, Seo Youngho. We haven’t even discussed that~

She halted when two small fury heads appeared by the front door.

Taeyong said you preferred larger breeds. So, say hi~

Izzy ran over to the puppied and lifted them in her arms.

A German Shepherd and a Husky!” She squealed.

Yeah, better than the car, right?” He grinned at her, she just nodded before setting them down.

Thank you! I love you, you giant!” She said excitedly before jumping in his arms, Youngho just chuckled and kissed the side of her head.

Then they heard someone clear his or behind them, Izzy turned and stilled. Johnny slowly set her down.

“The hospital was worried, you said you’d be gone for just two hours, so they called me. Taeyong said I should check with Izzy.” Mrs. Seo spoke, she glanced at the other lady beside her, Mrs. Park.

Then Doyoung said you two left together.” Mrs. Park said as she looked at the two.

Ah, eomma, we~

“See, I told you two! They’re together, as usual. ” Mr. Seo appeared from behind his wife.

I don’t think it’s the usual together, they just kissed.” Mr. Park commented, he was leaning against the Izzy’s Land Rover.

The four elders just looked at them questioningly.

Did something change between you two?” Mrs. Seo asked. Izzy’s mother was already smiling.

I feel like I’m being attacked.” Izzy whispered, Youngho just scratched the back of his neck.

 

Maybe we can move next week..to now?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++