031

Without You

 

“I tried, okay?” Inyoung sighed as she slid inside the car, Eunhee chuckled from the backseat.

“It’s all because of Songhee.” Taeyong muttered as he fixed his tie before stepping on the gas.

“Remember what I told you when Johnny introduced her to us?” Inyoung said.

“She probably wont be enough for Johnny and she dressed badly.” Taeyong muttered as he shifted gears.

“I was right. See?”

“Inyoung, there’s no point in saying that now. Izzy…I don’t know what’s going to happen to those two.”

“They will find a way back to each other, don’t worry.” Inyoung just nodded and poked his cheek.

“And you have to stop frowning. Who knows, auntie might set you another blind date again.” She mused.

“Stop it.” Taeyong glared at her, she just grinned and gave Eunhee a high five.

 

 

 

Minah let out a shaky breath before downing the contents of her glass.

“Noona? We have to go.” Jaehyun entered her room.

“Are there a lot of people downstairs?” She asked quietly as she refilled her glass, Jaehyun snatched the bottle from her.

“I’m just a little..nervous.” She said as she finished her glass.

“You? Nervous?” Jaehyun just shook his head, but he was frowning.

“I’ll wait for you outside, noona.” He just squeezed her hand before leaving her.

Minah slid down from the stool and looked at her reflection, she was clad in a sky blue gown that accentuated her dark hair and slim figure.

Got it, Isabella. I’ll see you around then.

She exhaled and shook her head.

 

 

 

“She hates this kind of thing though.” Inyoung said as she joined the Seo cousins on their table. Youngho nodded quietly.

“Hyung,” Taeyong started, but Johnny just stood up.

“I’m going to get something to drink.” He said before leaving, Eunhee shook her head.

Youngho leaned against the bar and waited for his drink. Then the room started to grow quiet, he glanced at the doors, Izzy had just entered the room and was being welcomed by the other executives of Park Group.

This has to stop. We’ll only get hurt if you continue doing this. And I don’t want to hurt you, Johnny. You’re my best friend, and I would do anything just to keep you in my life, but there are some things that I can’t give you.

“Sir,” The bartender placed his glass on the table, he picked it up and finished it in one go.

“Johnny,”

He glanced to his left, Yuta smiled at him.

“What do you want, sunbae?”

“I was expecting a different outcome for tonight. Why aren’t you with her?” Yuta asked.

“Are you trying to~”

“Has she ever told you what happened to us?” Yuta spoke softly.

“She never mentioned anything about you.” Youngho replied.

“I made her choose.”

“Choose?” Youngho said as he put his glass down, Yuta nodded.

“I asked her to choose between me and you.”

Youngho paused, confused.

“Obviously, she chose you.” Yuta stated, Johnny’s brows met and he looked at the older male.

“It was my mistake, I made her choose. I guess I had it coming, huh? That’s why I don’t understand what’s happening.” Yuta said thoughtfully as he shook his head at the bartender.

“She rejected me, sunbae. There’s nothing to think about.” Johnny replied.

“You know her, complicated emotional stuff aren’t her thing. So, please understand her just for a bit. She tends to be slow in this area.” He said with a smile.

“Sunbae, I~”

“She’ll come back to you. She always does.”

 

 

Minah sighed as she plopped down beside her cousin.

“I can’t remember all their names.” She pointed out, she was just introduced to every affiliate, partner and company that was working with Park Group of Hotels, and she had no idea how she managed to survive all their questions.

“They like you noona. Don’t worry too much about it.” Jaehyun pushed a glass of water towards her.

“Right, have you seen~”

Izzy,

She tensed, Jaehyun looked up and slowly left his seat.

Can I talk to you?

She nodded and put her glass down, Youngho smiled and sat down beside her.

I just wanted to tell you that I have to be out of town for a few weeks.

Really? Why?

Work. And I have to visit home for a bit, dad wants me to check our properties in SanFran too.

“That sounds tiring, but okay, good luck, don’t skip meals like you usually do.” She nodded.

And, I’m clocking out early. Congratulations on becoming VP, Iz.” Youngho said quietly before leaning over to kiss her cheek, then he stood up and left the party.

 

Minah closed her eyes briefly, she felt herself shaking, and then tears started to fall from her eyes.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++