036

Without You

 

“Youngho.” Minah tensed, his lips curled into a small smile.

“Did you get hurt? Are you okay?” He asked, Minah’s brows met briefly.

Did I wake you? I just wanted to check on you before leaving.” She said carefully, her eyes not meeting his. Johnny just smiled and squeezed her hand again.

Come here.” He tugged on her hand slightly, Minah paused. Youngho just sighed and pulled her to his chest.

“He’s in a better place now, Isabelle.” He said quietly, Izzy just closed her eyes and buried her face on his shirt.

You scared me.” She whispered, Johnny just nodded and rubbed her back soothingly.

I was worried that I didn’t get to you in time.” He said, Izzy just shook her head, she looked up and met his gaze evenly.

I’m sorry.” She said softly before kissing his cheek. Then she pulled away from him.

“I have to go, halbae….We’re leaving for the crematorium in a bit. I’ll..be back.” She stuttered.

 

 

Izzy stared at the garden; she had her arms crossed as the staff prepared her halbae for cremation. She couldn’t stand watching, it was too difficult. She felt so alone and empty.

“Hey,”

She turned, Taeyong and Inyoung was walking towards her. Taeyong wrapped one arm around her, she quietly leaned her head on his shoulder.

“We weren’t really sure whether we should be here, but Johnny persuaded us to come.” Inyoung said quietly as she squeezed Minah’s hand.

“He was right, we looked for you at the designated room for family, he told us you were most likely not joining your family.” Taeyong smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“It’s too much for me. I cant…watch it.” She continued.

“I know.”

Izzy just out at shaky breath.

“Do you think he’ll forgive me? Youngho, I mean.”

“Izzy, he’s not mad at you. He was just hurt, that’s why he was distancing himself.”

“I don’t deserve him, he’s an angel.” She sighed before pulling away from them.

“I should…join them insde. Thanks for coming.” Minah hugged Inyoung briefly before leaving them.

“Izzy has a side that I’m very afraid to meet.” Inyoung said as she hooked one arm around Taeyong’s as they walked.

“The one attacking Songhee?” Taeyong asked.

“Yeah. She just released everything she has on her, and not even one lawyer would volunteer to take on Songhee’s case. She’s…really angry.”

“She’s just being protective. Songhee’s the reason why she lost Johnny hyung. I think she’s terrified it might be happen again.”

 

 

 

“Are you sure, noona?” Jaehyun asked uncertainly as he pulled over in front of the hospital.

“Yes, I’m not hungry. I’ll have dinner later. Thanks for dropping me here.” She patted his cheek before sliding down the Exelero, she made her way towards the lobby and was stunned by the amount of media people running towards her.

“Miss Park!”

“What are your plans now that Miss Song is accusing you of~”

She winced as they started to press in around her.

“Vice president,” She felt someone pulling her forward, three men in black suits now surrounded her.

“This way, ma’am.” One male spoke as he tried to shield her from the cameras.

She finally reached the hospital lobby, she turned to the males, just as Youngho’s secretary arrived, panting.

“We’re sorry, miss Park, we didn’t know you were coming.”

“It’s okay, thank you.” She smiled at the males; they bowed at her before leaving.

 

 

Minah carefully pushed the door open, the lights were dimmed down, then she looked around.

“It’s the media’s darling,”

Youngho put down his book; he was sitting up on the bed, Izzy just looked at him, unsure.

Isabelle, you should be resting.” He stated as he glanced at the clock.

Have you eaten?” He asked, she just shook her head.

I..didn’t feel like eating.

You should still eat, I’ll call~” He reached for his cellphone, but Izzy just climbed over the bed and curled next to him.

It was a long day. I think I’m going to lose it.” She mumbled, Youngho paused, Izzy had her eyes closed, and he gently wrapped one arm around her.

He’s~

I know, halbae is in a better place now.” She cut him off; she sat up and faced him.

Yes.” Youngho spoke quietly, she blinked at him.

What?

He smiled as he tucked a lock of her behind her ear.

You asked me earlier if I would come back to you.

Izzy closed , her brows meeting.

I never left you, Iz. I just gave you some space. I knew you needed it. Heavy emotional stuff, it’s not your thing. And I know that.

“Johnny~”

“So, I’m going to ask you, after this, I’ll return to being Johnny again, your Johnny. Your best friend.”

She halted, confused.

But I want something else.” She stated.

Are you talking about dinner? See, I told you needed to~

 

Izzy just leaned forward and just pressed her lips against his.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++