035

Without You

 

 

 

“Are you sure about this, ma’am?” Kangjun asked as the car pulled to a stop at the police station.

Minah wordlessly slid down from the car, she marched towards the steps and entered the building with Kangjun and two Park Group corporate lawyers behind her.

“Miss Park, we’ve heard from your side.” A detective greeted her with a handshake as she entered the office.

“And, we’re sorry for your loss. Your grandfather was very generous to us.”

“Where is she?” Minah spoke, her tone made Kangjun panic.

“Yes?..She’s over there.” The detective pointed towards Songhee who was being interviewed by two policemen.

 

 

 

“He’s very lucky, the laceration on the back of his head would have been fatal if he wasn’t rushed here.”

Taeyong nodded, Mrs. Seo exhaled in relief.

“We have transferred him to a room, sir.” The doctor excused himself and went back to the room. Inyoung heard Mr. Seo curse under his breath as he loosened his tie.

“But, Isabella, we haven’t seen her. Is she alright?” Mr. Seo asked, Taeyong looked at the wall mounted TV screen across them.

His eyes widened, Inyoung paused.

Videos of Songhee being with another man, photos of her kissing an unknown male, her graduation photo and lastly, a photo of her with Johnny, Minah and Taeyong flashed on screen.

The headline read: Ex-girlfriend of CJ&E’s CEO Seo Youngho guilty for attempted murder!

“That would be Izzy.” Taeyong murmured, Inyoung just squeezed his hand.

 

 

Minah walked towards the other girl, her fists curled.

“This is pretty low of you, buying all of those lawyers.” Songhee said as she reached them.

Minah glanced at the two lawyers behind her.

“We can afford another lawsuit, right?” She asked, her tone cold and icy. Before they could reply, her left hand struck across Songhee’s left cheek, causing for the girl to fall down on the floor, revealing her cuffed hands.

The two policemen panicked and pulled her up. Songhee stared at her, teary eyed.

“I never did anything to you. I even hid the fact that you were cheating on him, and that was my first mistake.” She hissed.

“He was mine! But you kept on coming between us~”

“He was never yours in the first place.” Minah cut her off, Songhee looked away.

“And now you almost killed him. Kudos to you.” She said flatly, she glanced at the detective behind her.

“Attorney Pyo and attorney Im will be working on the case, you can contacted Park Group if there’s anything you need.” She said before walking away from Songhee.

“You can try provide a lawyer for her, since the law states so, but it’s going to be useless.” She smirked.

“Yes, young miss.”

“And, I want you to take note of this. Seo Youngho, the man who got hit instead of me, he was her boyfriend. But I found out she was cheating on him. Youngho accidentally saw the photos and videos of her man and her that I kept. That could be an angle, that could be the reason why she wanted to kill me.”

The detective just nodded.

Minah looked at Songhee again, her eyes narrowed.

“I will destroy you.” She stated before turning away from her and leaving the station.

 

 

Minah was now in a fresh set of clothes, jeans and a white shirt as she entered the hospital. Park Group’s directors and other colleagues greeted her, she bowed politely as the elders as they offered their condolences.

“Noona,” Doyoung reached her.

“I received the details about the arrangement.” She nodded at him as Doyoung took her hand.

“We’ll be leaving for the crematorium in two hours.” He informed her, Minah just nodded and leaned on her cousin as they walked towards the elevator.

“I have to see Youngho for a bit, I’ll be done in a few minutes.” She said as Doyoung let go of her, the latter just nodded and waited for the doors to open.

 

 

Izzy’s fingers shook as she reached for the doorknob; she took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

He was asleep.

“Hey,” Taeyong stood up and hugged her.

“It’s today, huh?”

She just nodded weakly.

“He was awake for a short time earlier, he asked about you.”

“Can you give me a minute?” She asked Taeyong as he pulled away, he just nodded and left the room.

Minah approached the bed; her eyes went to his injured left leg and the bandage around his head.

Her brows met and she looked away, she slowly sat beside him and took his hand in hers.

“I need your warmth. I feel so empty, Johnny.” She spoke softly, tears started to trickle down her face.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” She continued, she carefully pressed her lips against his forehead.

You’ll come back to me, right?” She smiled sadly before pulling away, and then his hand around hers tightened.

 

Minah paused and looked down only to see a pair of familiar dark orbs staring back at her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++