023

Without You

 

 

“Johnny,”

Johnny’s brows met when he heard Songhee’s voice from the other line.

“I was thinking of~”

“Songhee, not now. I’m a bit busy. If you have something to say, call secretary Lee. He’ll pass the message.”

He threw his phone on the backseat and stepped on the gas.

You mean so much to me, you know that right?

I know.

Well, keep that in mind.

He slammed his palm against the wheel.

 

 

“Now people are focusing on her and Yuta hyung.” Doyoung looked at the gossip article.

“They were a popular couple back then, the campus couple.” Jaehyun mused, Yuta and Minah met at SNU, he was a year older than her and very popular with girls. Nobody knew he managed to make her his girlfriend, but somehow it just happened.

“It’s a waste they broke up.” Doyoung stated.

“Why did they break up?” Jaehyun glanced up.

“Yuta hyung got a little too possessive with noona, and it drove Johnny hyung a little…angry.”

“Huh?”

“It was then when Yuta hyung made her choose.” Doyoung spoke.

“Choose? What?”

“He made choose between him and Seo Youngho. Guess who won?” Doyoung shook his head.

“So, noona broke up with Yuta hyung because she chose Johnny hyung?”

“Yeah, she said she didn’t want to be with someone who didn’t get along with her friends.”

 

 

Johnny felt himself relax when he heard the loud screeches as he spun the steering wheel quickly, the brakes of his Nissan GTR protested loudly as he came to a full stop. He exhaled and leaned back on his seat. He unstrapped his harness and loosened his jacket.

This is not a good hobby.” Izzy pointed out as they arrived at the racetrack, she eyed the drag strip warily.

“You’ll love it!” He said as he pulled her to his waiting car.

“I won’t.” She shook her head, but he managed to lift her over his shoulder and walked towards his car.

“Seo Youngho!” She warned him as he carefully placed her on the seat and strapped her on the seat.

“You’ll be fine, you have to trust me.” He chuckled before kissing her forehead and going around to get to the driver’s seat.

Johnny closed his eyes.

I think I’m losing too much.

His phone buzzed, he picked it up.

“Sir, we found the news company who released the photos of you and miss Park.”

“Buy them out.” He said flatly.

“But sir,”

“Buy them out or make sure their company wont see the light of day again.” He said before ending the call.

 

 

“You want me to eat that?” Yuta eyed the dangerously bright red tteokbokki, somehow the two ended up at Myeongdong.

“It’s pretty!”

“It looks like hell in edible form.”

She laughed.

“Just try it once, oppa. Come!” She took her hand and pulled him to the stall. Yuta made a face and eventually gave him, he gagged and choked.

“It’s good, huh?” Minah chuckled as she handed him some water.

“You have issues.” He made a face at her as he pulled her away from the stall.

“But, what you’re doing now…cutting him off, it wont do you any good, Iz.”

“I just don’t want to see him, oppa.” She looked at her phone in her hand.

“Why force yourself on people, right?” She glanced at him with a small smile before entering the cosmetics shop.

Yuta sighed.

“Taeyong’s plan isn’t working.” He muttered under his breath before following her.

 

 

Johnny sat down on his desk; he glanced at the papers beside his laptop and shook his head. He took out his phone and dialed.

“Vice president,” Kangjun answered.

“How is she?” He asked.

“She stepped out for a bit. I’m sorry, sir, she instructed me to filter all her incoming calls.” He said quietly, Johnny exhaled.

“I know. You don’t have to apologize.”

“I wish you two would be okay again, sir. Director Park has been a little difficult lately.”

“Where did she go?” Johnny asked.

“She went out with Chairman Nakamoto for lunch. I didn’t know they were good friends.” Kangjun said conversationally, he was about to speak when Johnny’s secretary stepped in the room and placed something on his desk. His brows met.

“Since you instructed me to monitor all articles about miss Park,” He said carefully, Youngho’s eyes went to the photos; there were photo of her and Yuta having lunch, walking around Cheongdam and drinking coffee. His jaw tightened as he saw how Izzy was laughing in the photos.

Youngho put his phone down and stared at the articles before him.

 

“This is good right, sir? It’s not focused on you and miss Park anymore.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++