008

Without You

 

 

“I’m arriving by ten, how about lunch?” Johnny was on the phone as he got in the waiting car.

“Good morning, director.”

He bowed at the driver politely and gestured for him to start going.

“Okay, shall I pick you up from the airport?” Songhee asked from the other line, Johnny smiled and shook his head.

“No need to, I’ll just pick you up from your office. I missed you.”

“Me too. See you in a few.”

Johnny put his phone down and leaned back on the seat.

 

 

 

“This is it?” Minah asked as she signed on the documents.

“Yes, and mister Lee from the PR team will be arriving this afternoon, GM.”

“I know, he called me. Then, you can take this.” She handed the folder to him, the male bowed and left. Minah stood up and walked to the window.

She took out her phone and dialed.

“Miss Park?” It was Johnny’s secretary.

“What time is his flight back?”

“He’ll be arriving before ten this morning, ma’am.”

“Okay, thanks.”

 

 

“Hey noo~” Doyoung paused when his cousin sidestepped him.

“I have to be out for a bit.” She said in a rush as she walked to her M6 and slid in the vehicle.

Doyoung watched as the car sped out of the parking lot of the hotel.

“We were supposed to have a meeting…..?” He mumbled before walking to the building.

Minah stepped on the gas; she chewed on her lower lip as she glanced at the time.

 

 

“How was your flight, director?”

Johnny smiled at his secretary as he took his cart.

“Uneventful. But, how did the deal with Samsung go? I remember the president being adamant about the terms.” He spoke as they walked, he saw the waiting car across them.

“It went well, I’ve already prepared the documents for you to look at.”

“That’s good then, let’s pick up Songhee before heading to lunch.” He said as they reached the car, but before he could slide in, someone took hold of his wrist.

“Manager Park!” His secretary was surprised to see the girl. Johnny turned and found Minah, panting and hair messy.

Izzy?” He blinked, Minah let go of him and straightened up.

Why..are you here?” He asked.

Lunch. Lunch….Let’s grab lunch.” She nodded quickly.

“I already made plans with Songhee though, would you like to join~”

No!” She shook her head, Johnny tilted his head at her.

“I…You have to come with me.” She said again.

Why? Is it urgent?” Johnny straightened down her pencil skirt.

Johnny, I….a few days ago, I..I was..” She looked up to meet his gaze, he was looking at her curiously. Her stomach churned, she didn’t want him to be hurt.

Would it be better if she protect him from this?

But he has to know the truth, right?

She shook her head and looked away. Johnny just scratched the back of his head and kissed her cheek.

Izzy, I don’t know what’s going on with you, but you’re being weird.

She looked up, she grabbed his hand.

“You have to come with me.”

“Izzy~”

She just shook her head and started pulling him to her car.

 

 

Songhee stepped out of the building and glanced around, her brows rose.

“Is he going to be late?” She murmured before taking out her cellphone, she tried dialing Johnny’s number, but he could not be reached.

She was about to head back in her office when a car halted in front of her.

“Joh~”

“Miss Shin,”

“Oh, secretary Song.” She greeted the male.

“Director Seo will not be able to have lunch with you, he sends his apologies.”

“Why? Did something happen?” She frowned.

“Actually, I’m not sure. He just arrived at the airport when miss Park asked him to go with her.”

“Minah?” She blinked.

“Yes.”

The male excused himself and left, Songhee turned away, her jaw clenched.

 

 

Johnny glanced at his friend with concern, Minah had gone quiet as she drove and she was nearing the speed limit.

Iz?” He spoke, she didn’t reply, her brows just remained cinched together.

What’s bothering you? I did get you those match stuff.” He said lightly.

She didn’t react, Johnny looked at the speedometer. He shook his head.

Isabelle?” He placed his hand on top of hers, she glanced at him.

Pull over. I’ll drive.” He said.

No. I’m fine.” She nodded at him.

I know that, but I want you to pull over. I’ll drive. Just tell me where we’re going.” His tone was flat, Minah looked at him.

Come on.” He said, she exhaled and started to slow down. She shifted lanes and put the car to a full stop. Johnny slid down from the car, Minah followed him. She glanced around her, they were still at Incheon Bridge.

“You can keep this up and you know I will still find out, right?” Johnny spoke as he leaned against the car’s hood. Minah just glanced at him, they’re gazes were at level now.

Izzy. You’re supposed to be stable one between the two of us.” He said.

“I….I was just worried.” She fibbed and looked at her shoes, Johnny sighed. She let out a shaky breath before stepping to him and wrapping her arms around his neck, Johnny paused but he slowly wrapped his arms around her.

Hey, did something happen?” He asked worriedly.

This is wrong, you said you have something with Songhee. You should go, take my car. I’ll call for a cab.

Izzy~

 “Whatever’s troubling you, you know you can always tell me, and you don’t have to leave~

No, you should go. Just promise me,” She pulled back to meet his gaze.

When I call you, you’ll come. No matter what’s happening, okay?

His eyes widened but he nodded.

A silver cab stopped in front of her M6.

Isabelle~

Take care.” She said before rushing towards the cab. Johnny just watched as the cab left with a confused expression. Something was definitely bothering her, he never saw her looking so wild-eyed and lost.

He just sighed before getting inside the car.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++