013

Without You

 

“Your brain’s not exploding yet?” Minah chuckled as her younger cousin pushed the folders away from him.

“Noona, how do you do this?” Doyoung mumbled.

She grinned and took a seat, Jaehyun was still poring over one of the files she lent him.

“Slowly but surely, you two are rushing yourselves.” She chuckled, then the doors opened, Eunhee hopped in the room.

“Right, I was supposed to watch over my princess.” She stood up.

“Hi unnie and oppas.” Eunhee smiled before hugging Minah.

“Noona, where were you last night? We went to your unit, you weren’t there.” Jaehyun asked.

“I was at Youngho’s, we visited halbae together.” She said quietly, Doyoung and Jaehyun frowned.

“I was planning to visit him yesterday, but I grew scared. I don’t want to see halbae..suffering.” Doyoung’s voice was low.

“You went to visit halbae in the wee hours of the morning again, noona? Only Johnny hyung would go with you.” Jaehyun said lightly.

“Usually its just us two.” She shook her head before taking out some crayons for Eunhee.

“Ah, I know you two are going ahead for dinner later, can you take Eunhee with you? I have a few things to check on that Hyatt partnership.”

“Sure, no problem, GM-nim.” Jaehyun grinned, she just rolled her eyes at the two before leaving the room.

“Oppa,” Eunhee spoke, the two males looked up.

“I’ve been thinking,” She stood up and walked to them, Jaehyun smiled and helped her climbed over the chair.

“Let’s get rid of Johnny samchon’s girlfriend.”

Doyoung balked.

“What are you saying, gongjunim?” Jaehyun mused.

“Oh come on, it should be Johnny and Izzy, not Johnny and Songhee.” She rolled her eyes, the two cousins stared at each other, shocked and amused.

 

 

Youngho’s eyes went to his phone again, Songhee’s brows rose.

“Are you waiting for a call?”

The two were on the way to Korea House for dinner with the Parks.

“No.” He shook his head before facing the road again.

He had been calling Minah for the past hour and she wasn’t answering.

“Ya, I went by your office this morning and your secretary said you were running late, did something happen?” Songhee asked.

“I woke up late,” Johnny nodded.

“Isabelle came over, we visited her halbae. She wouldn’t wake up when I tried, so I decided to stay in.” He shrugged, Songhee’s brows met briefly.

“You two are really close.”

Johnny just nodded.

“And you just called her Isabelle. You’re worried about her right now.” She pointed out.

“I’ve been trying to contact her.”

“Johnny, we talked about this, I asked you…I..Is it not uncomfortable? I am getting a bit..uncomfortable.” She said softly, he glanced at her.

“What?”

“You’re always around her, it..bothers me.”

His lips quirked up.

“But she’s Isabelle, Songhee. There’s nothing to be bothered about.” He said with a smile, Songhee chose not to reply.

 

 

“She is running late.” Mister Park shook his head, Doyoung grinned.

“How are you doing, young lady?” Mrs. Park made Eunhee sit beside her, Taeyong grinned.

“I’m doing, auntie.” Eunhee chuckled as she picked up her chopsticks.

Uncle, auntie!” Johnny came through the sliding doors with a huge grin.

“Ah, it’s our second child.” Mr. Park said dryly but he welcomed the younger male with a hug.

How have you been, pretty ahgasshi?” Johnny chuckled before kissing the elder lady’s cheek.

You’re being hyper as usual, and who is this young lady with you?” Mrs. Park asked good naturedly.

“His girlfriend.” Eunhee said darkly. Taeyong sent his daughter a look.

“Aigoo, your niece is jealous.” Mr. Park chuckled. Songhee bowed at the adults politely.

“Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Park.“ She greeted them.

“We’re glad we’ve finally met, Songhee-ssi.”

Soon, everyone was seated.

“It’s unusual for Isabella to be late.” Mrs. Park said thoughtfully.

“Have you two spoken? Did she say she was going to be late?” Mr. Park looked at Youngho.

“No. she hasn been answering my calls.” Johnny sighed.

“But, where is~”

The doors slid opened, Minah walked in then she halted.

I can’t believe this.” She said under her breath, by the look on her eyes, Taeyong panicked.

Izz~

“I reserved a table for eight, where am I supposed to sit now?” She asked, her tone cold.

“Minah-ya, just call the hostess and ask her~”

“You don’t get it. This is supposed to be dinner with family and friends.”

Johnny stilled for a moment.

I don’t remember extending my invitation to anyone else.

Songhee’s forehead creased and she looked away.

Mrs. Park’s brows rose, her eyes went to Songhee.

“Noona,” Jaehyun said soothingly.

Izzy, look~” Johnny stood up, the two elders looked at each other. Only one person could reason out with their stubborn daughter. And it was Youngho.

Just how hard it is to have some quality time? Obviously, you know I don’t want her around. There, I said it, without any pretenses. And this is my family, why does she have to meet my family? And you gave her my seat, nice touch.” She dropped the menu on the table.

I’ll be going ahead.” She turned away from them and left the room.

Eunhee was hiding her smile behind the book she was reading.

Johnny sighed before dropping his napkin on the table and running after her.

 

 

Minah wiped the tears on her cheeks as she marched towards her waiting car, she took out the key and opened the door.

I’ve had enough of this!” Johnny roughly pushed the door back and took hold of her wrist.

I have no idea what’s wrong with you. You never tell me anything, Isabelle. So why are you acting up? It’s just dinner!

Don’t talk to me. Okay? I told you, I wanted my best friend back. And yet you bring her here. Finally, I can talk to you without her presence bothering me, but still..you make her tag along. And…” She exhaled shakily and just opened the door.

Isabelle, you need to listen to me!” He snapped, Minah stopped, alarmed.

You never lost me. Is this because I mentioned marriage and Songhee? Izzy, you know never meant it seriously.” He groaned.

Just, stop calling me.” She said before turning to face her car.

Johnny grunted and took the keys from her, he started pulling her across the parking lot.

“Seo Youngho, let go.” She said as she tried to shake his grip off, they arrived on front of his car. Johnny opened the front door and pushed her in.

Johnny~

He shut the door close and went around the vehicle, he slid down on the driver’s seat.

He glanced at her, his eyes still angry, he started the car and Maybach’s engine whirred and they sped out of the parking lot.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++