039

Without You

 

But, eomma, Johnny should be back in the hospital by now~

You can’t escape this one, honey.” Her mother said dryly as she nodded for the maid to bring the dishes to the table, Minah made a face.

Why are you taking this so seriously? It’s just Youngho.” She mumbled darkly before leaving the kitchen, she halted when she bumped into her Mr. Seo.

“Uncle, hi.” She blinked, the elder just chuckled and pinched her cheeks.

Would you join me for some tea outside, Izzy?

Yes, sure. Anything to take me away from your wife and my mother.” She murmured, the elder chuckled.

They do love to tease, huh?

I was a little…afraid you’d disapprove, uncle.” She said as they exited the house, the elder paused as they sat down on the wooden chairs.

Why would you say that?

Youngho got in a car accident because of me, you almost lost your only son because of me.” She put her hands together and sighed.

But we’ve always wanted the two of you to end up together.” He said wistfully, Minah looked at him, confused.

You two suit each other well, because of you, Youngho’s become more mature and reliable.

I was actually thinking that he was the one who’s always cleaning up after me.” She scratched the back of her head.

You’re right.” He nodded.

“Uncle!” She made a face, but she was smiling.

He adjusted himself so that he can be around you, the moment when he said he’d go to college here, that was when it dawned to me,

Minah looked at him.

What dawned to you, abeoji?” Johnny was walking towards them, he took the seat beside Izzy’s.

Just..things, you two kids…talk..or whatever.” He patted Izzy’s hand before standing up and he walked back to the house.

The elder smiled and glanced at the two briefly.

“It dawned to me that I already met my future daughter-in-law.”

 

 

 

“How bad?” Izzy asked as she leaned on her knees, Youngho chuckled and leaned back on his seat.

I have to be back in the hospital by tonight.

“I didn’t mean that.”

Wow, I am touched.” He mused, Izzy blinked and looked at him.

I mean, I know you have to be back, I was talking about mom and auntie, I~

Youngho smiled before pressing his lips against hers.

I know, Iz.” He mused before pulling away, she glared at him briefly.

Well, eomma said I was stupid for dating Songhee for a long time instead of just getting you pregnant right away.” He said casually, Izzy almost fell off her seat.

“What?!”

Her words, not mine.

Izzy groaned, Youngho just poked her side.

But she’s right, I should have realized it sooner.” He said quietly as he brushed her hair down with his fingers, Izzy just smiled without facing him.

I’ll drive you back after dinner.” She said as she turned to him, Youngho just nodded and pulled her to him. He leaned his chin over her head.

Izzy?

Hmm?

I gave you two puppies, right?

Yeah, I asked butler Jang to~

I know, but did you just the name the Siberian Husky…Lucifer?

It’s not spelled that way, L-U-C-Y-F-U-R. Totally wholesome. Right?” She looked up, Youngho just shook his head.

Well, who am I to judge you?” He chuckled heartily.

Yeah, your ex almost killed you.” She mused.

Don’t taunt me, I can tell our parents we want to get married tomorrow~

Izzy bolted up from her seat.

Fine, fine, I’ll name the other one Fluffy or Snuggles or whatever.” She muttered darkly, he just laughed and followed her to the house.

 

 

 

“We are never doing that again.” Isabelle said as they reached the VVIP floor, two nurses approached them.

“We’ll have~”

“I can take myself there, it’s okay.” Johnny said politely. He glanced as Izzy.

“You look tired, is it because they saw us? I know you wanted to lay low for a while.” He said softly.

“No, I just wish you’d be discharged sooner.” She said as they arrived in front of his room.

Sleeping has been a little difficult for me lately, and I can’t exactly barge in here anytime, right?” She said quietly, Youngho’s brows met briefly.

And you need rest too, pestering you isn’t exactly good..as of now. And you need to sleep, so go.” She opened the door. 

Youngho just yanked her back and wrapped his arms around her.

It just…feels weird, halbae spent his last days here…But I have to see you. You’re okay with me just popping out anytime, right?” She asked hesitantly.

It’s very okay.” He mused before kissing the side of her head.

I’ll be going then.” She said before pulling away, then she halted when she bumped into someone behind her.

“It’s on the news.” Taeyong waved his phone at them.

Youngho balked, Izzy stared at the phone’s screen.

 

“So, whose parents announced your relationship to the public? How come I didn’t know? I feel offended by this.” Taeyong said pointedly.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++