011

Without You

Minah’s lips were pursed as she stared at the menu above the counter; Johnny had his chin on top of her head as they waited for their turn. He might look passive and relaxed, but deep inside, he was troubled, he had no idea what was going on with Minah and he didn’t like it when she was acting this way. It scared him that she might not speak to him anymore.

What are we getting?” He asked lightly.

“Fries.” Her reply was quip, he just nodded.

That and the usual?” He prodded, she just nodded.  He wrapped both of his arms around her shoulders as he looked at the menu, some people were staring at them, not used to seeing so much skinship publicly, but the two never really noticed that they were a bit odd.

Mashed potatoes too.” Minah spoke again.

Got it.” Johnny let go of her as he walked to the counter.

 

How’s work?” He asked as Minah picked up a chicken leg.

I have this thing at Paju…meetings and reviews. It’s hectic and crazy.” She said before chewing.

Johnny made a face at her bland reply before taking a bite from his burger.

Still not explaining about that episode earlier?” He asked her.

Do I have to?” She looked up to meet his gaze, Johnny shrugged, he knew at this point, making her explain was impossible. Park Minah can be a total shut-in when she wanted to.

Izzy, I’ve been thinking~” He paused when she reached to wipe the sauce of the side of his lip with her thumb.

What?” She asked as she grabbed a napkin.

Should we visit SanFo before the year ends? It has been a while.” He finished.

Yeah, sounds great.” She managed a small smile.

And, I’ve been doing a little…ring window shopping.” Johnny blurted out, Minah looked up to meet his gaze.

Ring? As in…ring? The thing you put around the finger or the basketball ring?” She stuttered.

Ring as in Harry Winston and Tiffany&Co.

Minah swallowed.

I…

So, what do you think? Can you~

No, I can’t. Thanks for the meal. I have to get going.” She stood abruptly and left the table.

 

 

 

“That was classic Park Minah.” Taeyong said, then he looked at the window. Songhee followed his gaze. Minah had stepped out of KFC with a bottle of water in hand.

“I’ve never seen her so..”

“Cold? That’s a normal thing for her, Minah’s not good with dealing with her emotions, so she’s rather be a shut-in and act recklessly while she’s being troubled by it.” Taeyong nodded as he picked up his fork and helped himself to a bit of steak.

“So, don’t think too much about it, I’m sure she’ll be back to normal soon.”

“And no one can deal with this side of her? She seems so…scary.” Songhee swallowed.

“No one but Johnny. He can keep up with her.” Taeyong mused, then he paused as he realized his mistake, he glanced at Songhee briefly and saw how the girl frowned and looked away.

 

 

Izzy, wait.” Johnny said as he pushed back the car’s door. Minah faced him.

I don’t know what happened, but if it’s my fault, I’m sorry. Please, stop avoiding me.” He said quietly, Minah’s lips quivered.

I’m not mad at you.” She spoke, but her voice quivered, Johnny looked up to meet her gaze evenly.

“I’m just a bit troubled right now, so,~”

So, don’t hide from us, call me when you need to talk. Like you always do.” He said sincerely as he cupped both of her cheeks.

“It’s you who usually calls me when you’re bored, you know that right?” She pointed out, he couldn’t help but smile.

I promised I’d come over no matter what, so, stop avoiding me. Whatever’s bothering you, I’m sure you can resolve it.” He said before pulling her into his arms. Johnny sighed in relief and kissed the side of her head, but Minah just continued to frown.

There’s no way in hell I can resolve this, which I am sure of.

She just sighed and pulled away.

I know, thanks for the fast food.

Johnny winked at her before opening the door again.

Drive safely, GM.” He said as Minah started the car.

 

 

“Eomma,”

Mrs. Park smiled as she kissed her daughter’s cheek.

“Your father wants to speak with you, but I figured some time alone with me will help.”

Minah made a face, the elder chuckled.

“How’s Jaehyun and Doyoung doing? I hope you aren’t torturing them.”

“Of course not.” She chuckled.

“I’m sure you know what your father wants to discuss with you.”

“I do, eomma.” She sighed, the elder smiled.

“Minah-ya, I think it’s time you take it. You know that your grandfather…he’s not getting well.”

Minah shook her head.

“Eomma, halbae will wake up. I know it.”

Isabella~

“I don’t want to talk about halbae, I have a meeting so, I’ll see you later.”

 

 

Johnny looked up as Songhee entered his office.

“I have coffee.” She smiled as she walked to his desk, Johnny smiled and took the cup from her.

“Busy day?” She asked as she sat on the arm of his seat, Johnny wrapped one arm around her waist.

“Hectic.” He replied as he closed his laptop.

“Anyway, I just wanted to know if you’re free this weekend.”

“Wae? Is there something going on?” He asked her.

“How about we go out of town~”

The door opened, Minah walked in without looking up from her phone.

“My parents are in town, they want to see you and Taeyong, I made reservations and can you come with me to the hospital~” She halted when she finally looked up.

“They’re here? Where are we meeting?” Johnny slowly stood up and walked to her.

“…..Yeah.” Minah swallowed, he smiled before kissing her cheek. She glanced at Songhee briefly.

“The usual? At Korea House?” Johnny pressed.

“Yes, I’ll..see you then.” She turned away from him.

Izzy, are you going to visit halbae~

Minah just shut the doors behind her. Johnny just stared at the doors, confused.

“She must not like having me around.” Songhee said carefully.

“Hey, that’s not it.” Johnny faced her.

“She’s just a little stressed.” He patted Songhee’s hand before sitting down.

 

 

Minah tossed her bag onto the front seat, it landed with a soft thud.

“This is driving me~”

“Kkakeung!”

She almost screamed in surprise, Taeyong chuckled.

“I saw you running away from Johnny’s office.” He started as he glanced at her car.

“Songhee was there.” She replied carelessly.

“That wasn’t an issue before.” Taeyong said.

“Right, dinner tomorrow at Korea House, eomma and appa are in town, they want to see you two.”

“Minah, stop doing this, okay?”

Taeyong took her hand in his.

“Actually, I’m quite surprised he’s still hasn’t exploded yet, boo, you acted like a total brat earlier. You were being unreasonable and everything, most people would lose their patience with that, but Johnny didn’t. Because he knows he needs you and is afraid to lose you.”

Izzy halted, she faced her friend.

“He’s used to see you almost everyday, or having you on the phone…but now, I don’t know what’s going on, but you don’t even show up during our usual Thursday lunches.”

Minah looked away.

“And I can see that it bothers him a lot, so…whatever’s going on with you, just tell him, alright? He can’t even focus on work that much, because he thinks he did something wrong.”

“Taeyong, I~”

 

“Go ahead then. But think about it, okay? You're the only stable person in his crazy life.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++