Talk with Jisu

She's Back

You both sat inside a warm cozy cafe. After getting your orders, you and Jisu started to talk.

"______, can I ask you something?" Jisu asked, taking a taste of his coffee.

"Sure." You put down your cup of coffee too.

"I was just wondering... Do you have a boyfriend?" He shyly looked down at the table.

Pausing for a while, you answered. "Ani."

He nodded, with a little flicker of hope in him.

"Can I ask... Why?" He asked, taking another sip from his mug.

"Because I don't know if he likes me back..."

He spat out the coffee back in his cup. "Y-You like s-someone?"

"...Neh..." You bashyly admitted.

"I-Is it okay... If I know who you like?" He asked, worrying that he might've sounded too straightforward.

-----

Jisu felt terribly saddened to find that it wasn't him.

He swept his black fringe away from his eyes and fixed his collar.

"I just think that he treats me as a friend and friend only... So, I think I got friend zoned." You pouted and rested your chin in your palms.

*Is it possible for girls to get friend zoned?* Jisu gave you a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure he'll like you back if you tell him..."

"You think so? But I'm too shy..."

"You've got that special skill of yours. You don't seem to make any signals of liking him, he seems to be treated the same as all the others I saw yesterday." Jisu tapped the side of his head indicating his brain and pointed at you. "You got smarter."

"I'm not sure if that's a compliment or you just claimed that I was stupider the last time we met..." You sent him daggers while drinking the last of your coffee.

"Don't take it so negatively, you were always smart." He complimented you.

"So, Jisu? Have you found the love of your life yet?" You smiled brightly.

"I thought I did... But she didn't seem to have any interest in me, so she must not be the one, right? If you were meant to be, you should like each other. So the answer sadly, is a no." He gave you a sad smile.

"Oh... I'm sure you'll find the right one, you have a whole lifetime!" You gave him a hopefull smile.

*Beep* You have a message *Beep*

Fishing out your phone from your bag, you swiped the screen with your finger to check the message.

From: L.Joe

Where are you Where are you Where are you Where are you?!! PLEASE REPLY!!! D:

"Who is it?" Jisu leaned over the table to take a look.

"L.Joe, he's asking where I am..."

Jisu fell back in his chair. "Don't tell him I'm here." He waved his hands in front of him.

You gave an amused laugh. "I really don't understand why you're scared of L.Joe..."

To: L.Joe

I'm at a cafe, why?

Nearly straight after closing your phone and putting it on the table, your phone vibrated loudly.

From: L.Joe

With who? How far away is this cafe?

You rolled your eyes. *He worries to much for a best friend...*

To: L.Joe

I'm... By myself. I wanted some fresh air and something to drink. It's about a 15 minute walk from home.

You waited for his response.

From: L.Joe

Come back before it gets dark, which is in two minutes, okay? Who knows what would happen during a 15 minute walk in the dark? Quick! Come back!

You scowled and looked outside the windows. The sky was getting darker and the streets got more deserted.

"I have to go now..." You texted him back, saying that you're already walking.

Jisu quickly checked his watch. "Oh, me too... Dinner shift starts soon. I'll walk you home."

"Oh, you don't have to." You tucked in the chair under the table and put on your coat.

"I want to, come one, it isn't very safe."

-----

Waiting... Waiting... Waiting...

"Ah... Where is she? It's nearly pitched black! And this streetlight is already on!" He pointed accusingly at the innocent streetlight in front of him, causing people passing him giving the orange haired boy weird looks.

He folded his arms across his chest and leaned on the wall. Looking to his left, he saw a familiar figure of a short little girl walking beside a tall good-looking guy. They were laughing together, talking about something he couldn't hear. She was laughing harder than she had all week, with the guy laughing along too. He told her another story, making her laugh out loud in a cute audible laugh.

L.Joe clenched his teeth and tensed his jaw. *Why can't I make her laugh that anymore?*

"YOU!" He pointed at the tall guy accusingly like he pointed at the streetlight.

Jisu's eyes grew twice the size than it was before. "H-He was w-waiting outside?"

It only took one step of L.Joe's for Jisu to run the other way. "Bye _______, good luck!"

And he was gone around the corner.

"Why did you do that L.Joe?" You frowned and grumpily stomped towards the lobby.

"I just wanted to say hi..." He shrugged, obviously lying.

"You could've sounded nicer..." You pouted sadly.

"But I'm a gangster, I have an image to keep." He reasoned.

Blowing your fringe away from your eyes, "Right..." You walked into the lobby first.

"But, I am a gangster!" He followed, trying to catch your attention.

----

The guy above is meant to be Jisu... I used a random ulzzang I found on Google Images :S

Please give the fictional character some love too! ^^