What Happened

She's Back

"Oppa! Look! It's a rainbow!" A nine year old girl squealed happily.

She jumped into puddles with her two ponytails bouncing after her.

"Aish... Yah! Can you stop?! You're getting water all over me!" A twelve year old boy snapped at her.

"Oppa, cheer up... It's our family vacation..." She held onto his hand.

"I wish it was only the three of us, without you. I still don't understand why Appa and Umma decided for me to have a stupid little sister. Grow up!" He shook her hand off and walked faster ahead of her.

His words stung in her heart, she only wanted him to be happy. Her family never liked her. They used her as some sort of maid.

 

You in air into your lungs through your mouth. *Breath in, breath out...*

The bell for lunch had rung. For others, it meant sweet delicious lunch but for you, it meant that you were going to have a proper conversation with Woohyun for the first time in seven years.

This time, Suzy wasn't by your side. She had special classes to attend to. You missed her comforting presence beside you, but you knew, in the end you had to face Woohyun alone.

A sad figure stood in front of you. You looked up to see no other than Woohyun. He had regret and guilt in his eyes that looked like it would never be gone.

"Go on, explain." You said firmly.

"Let's go somewhere more private so we can talk freely..." He suggested.

He follwed silently as you walked up to the roof.

 

The 'family vacation' was really for her father's work, the family was getting poorer each day.

Tears fell down her cheeks as she cried silently so she won't bother her brother back to the motel.

That night, her father decided that he and his daughter needed some 'bonding time' and took her out to the park.

"Appa... Isn't it late?" She looked up at the pitch black sky.

"No, now don't say anything from now on or I'll have to discipline you." By discipline, he really meant hit. His grip on her small hand grew tighter.

They sat together at a park bench in silence when a masked man arrived.

Her father and the man started to talk and discuss about something she couldn't hear.

Her father then gave her over to the man. She spotted a thick pile of money being handed over to her father.

"Appa?" She whispered.

"I said don't talk didn't I?!" He said his last words to her and walked away without looking back.

She sobbed, reaching out for him when someone tugged her back.

"Let's go..." The gruff husky voice told her.

It had already been a few years since she worked for him, being a personal maid. He had a son, which was around her age too. His son though, didn't speak when people of lower importance were around. She didn't know her master's names, she reffered to them as 'Sir' or 'Young Sir'. 

She was grown up now. She slept with the other unlucky maids but she had to sleep further away from them. They looked down at her with pity, knowing that she was sold off.

"She belongs in an orphanage..." One of the maids muttered to another which agreed.

She the ground, grumbling. It was easy for her to fall asleep, after all, she didn't stop working.

It was the middle of the night and police were piling up around the mansion. They had finally found the one guilty of illegal slavery.

Without warning, they piled in from all entries.

She shot up, feeling the panic in the atmosphere. Hearing the shouts of police, she was frightened. Remembering the words of the maids, she didn't want to be found.

Hiding in the shadows, she escaped. She ran and ran, far away from the mansion as possible. Away from the pain, away from the sorrow, away from the cruelty.

 

"______..." Woohyun whispered. You frowned and sat against the wall.

"You know you'll be forever my little sister. What I said seven years ago... I'm really sorry."

"Being 'really sorry' isn't enough for ditching me as a sister and a human being with rights." You mumbled.

"I can say sorry over a million times and it still won't be enough. I didn't mean what I said, I was just a stupid twelve year old then. You had no idea how hard I tried to look for you. When I found out that excuse of a dad sold you off, I ran away to find you. I went to the park, I asked people living around it if they had seen you. I had no luck by myself so I reported it to the police." You felt a tear drop hit you. It wasn't yours, it was Woohyun's.

"Our parents are in jail, our mum was in it for the money too. ______, I've been protective over you since then, I realised how much you mean to me. I even learnt how to fight so I could protect you." He sniffed.

"I'm sincerely sorry, words cannot explain the deep regret I have for doing what I did to you years ago. When I tried to talk to you on the first day of school and you told me you had no brother, it hit me hard. It must've been what you felt... except you must've felt much worse. I'm more than really sorry. Please forgive me..." You teared up. You could sense the truth in his voice.

You rested your head on his broad shoulder.

"Do you forgive me?" He asked.

"Not just yet..." You wiped your tears of sadness and happiness away before whispering in his ear.

-----

"HELLO FELLOW WOOLLIM STUDENTS. I AM NAM WOOHYUN, ONE OF YOUR KINGKAS. I WANT TO TELL YOU ALL THAT I AM A BIG FAT MEANIE FOR MAKING MY LITTLE SISTER SAD." Woohyun recited the lines you gave him to the whole school, standing on a table.

Suzy came out from her class and heard everything he said.

"I guess she got her brother back." Suzy beamed and ran over to hug you.

You had a smile plastered on your face. You were sure Woohyun won't do what he did again, you both pinky promised! Not to mention many of your friends are also gangsters so if he turned against you, you have deadly back-up. 

Woohyun started doing aegyo in front of the whole school. He made bunny ears and funny sounds at different directions.

"Hyung! What are you doing? You're ruining your image!" Sungyeol ran up to him to stop him. You held onto your stomach laughing at the new side of your brother that you've never seen before.

"Anything to make my sister happy! And I got another 5 more seconds left until I stop..." He continued to act like a little boy.

You looked around at the faces in the crowds and caught L looking at you.

"Nice punishment." He smiled and winked. You blushed.

"I saw that L." Woohyun stared at you and L with hawk eyes.

"So are you officially my dongsaeng again?" Woohyun asked, jumping off the table.

You nodded gladly.

-----

*bows 90 degrees* i shall apologise for my crappy writing skills to write something sad... but on a brighter note...

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN NEW SOUTH WALES (AUSTRALIA)!!! :D It's 2012 now!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNGMIN OPPA~ :D SUJU FIGHTING~! Forever an ELF <3

5 more days until Yoseob's birthday and Teen Top's comeback... Who's excited? :D