Making a Deal with the Enemy

Incantations of Fate

For the remainder of the day, Ye Jin kept to herself. She shrugged off Jung Kook's concerned words and focused on her classes as much as possible. The simple work helped her keep her mind off of Suga and what he now knew about her.  

Every time she glanced over his way, she found him looking directly at her, smirking as usual. When the final bell rang, Ye Jin bolted for the door, eager to return to the safety of her empty apartment. As soon as she left the gates of the school compound, she thought she was free, but a strong grip on her shoulder made her regret hoping for that freedom. She stood in place as Suga made his way to her side. 

"Shall we head home?" He teased. 

"Can't you just stay away from me?" 

"And what fun would that bring?" 

She sighed, frustrated. "You can't come home with me." 

"Why not?" 

"I-I don’t really live with my family." 

"Ah, because of that accident you caused? I heard about it from my father. He was wondering what happened to you. Now, I guess I have something to tell him." 

Just as she was about to protest, Suga continued. He moved to face her and placed a warm hand on her face. He tilted her face upwards, to look at him.  

"Let's make a deal. I won't mention that I found the lost daughter of the Park clan, if you follow my instructions while we're in school. How does that sound?" 

Ye Jin felt the heat from his hand and tried to ignore it to focus on his proposition.  

"What kind of instructions?" She asked. 

He shrugged. "Nothing too personal, or embarrassing. Just daily things." 

After a while, Ye Jin agreed to the deal. Suga removed his hand and smiled at her. J-Hope was approaching them and he looked curious as to why the two of them were being seen together. When Suga noticed his friend, he said goodbye to Ye Jin and walked away from the girl.  

--- 

Ye Jin plopped into her sofa, exhausted. She wondered what she got herself into with Suga. She scolded herself yet again for letting her powers be observed so easily. Now that she knew who Suga was, she felt tense just by the mere thought of him. She wondered to what lengths she would have to go in order to keep her secret from reaching the rest of the Min clan.  

Although she wanted to contact her Aunts of her Grandmother, she hesitated, not sure if she wanted to worry them just yet. She could ask her mother, but if her father got a hint that she was contacting them, he would make things worse. Also, her mother wasn’t involved with magic as much as her sisters; she had sworn to give it up when she got involved with Ye Jin's father.  

She began to get hungry from worry and rather than get up and head to the kitchen, she summoned her food to the coffee table with a simple incantation. All she had to do was say the summoning spell while picturing the food she wanted. She tried to resist doing this spell too often, as she feared it would become a habit even in public. However, whenever she was stressed or worried, that was the only way she would get food. 

Her meal consisted of kimbap rolls. Every time she imagined it, she wanted it to taste the same as her mother's, but magic didn’t work that way.  

Halfway through her meal, her phone lit up next to her; a text message. 

 

Unknown number: Anyeong, Park clan witch. 

Ye Jin: Who is this? 

Unknown number: Suga!  

Ye Jin: How did you get my number? 

Suga: Magic? :P 

Ye Jin: What do you want?  

Suga: Meet me in front of school tomorrow. First instruction. 

Ye Jin: Fine. 

 

She tossed the phone on the coffee table, frustrated that he was giving her orders already. She dreaded what he could need her for so early in the morning. With a flick of her wrist, the television awakened and showed the middle of a drama re-run. In order to rid her mind of worries, she watched the show, trying to engross herself into the story's plot.