Finally, a Good Night

Incantations of Fate

Unfortunately, the following night Ye Jin's street was busy with celebrating someone's acceptance into Seoul National University, so it was dangerous for Suga to come around. Instead, he sent her a note in the mailbox that said that he had to leave that night before his father got any more suspicious.  

Despite her sour mood, she tried to remain neutral in front of her Aunt so as to not arise any suspicion from them. She wanted to rush to the South and look for Suga, but she knew that that would basically be suicide. She had no choice but to wait for the weekend to come and see if the clans decided to abolish their separation rules.  

--- 

"Ye Jin-ah!" Her Aunt called out to her late in the night that Saturday.  

Ye Jin was about to go to bed but when she heard the urgency in her Aunt's voice, she bolted upright, preparing her mind and heart for the worst. When her Aunt burst through the door, her expression eased Ye Jin's worries.  

With a smiling face, her Aunt announced, "They have decided to get rid of the law!"  

Immediately, Ye Jin grabbed her phone and rushed out of the house, in her house slippers. Once she was in the fresh air, she began to dial Suga's number. Before she could press the call button, she heard her name being called. 

"Ye Jin-ah." 

She looked up and her heart fell, but in a good way. In front of her, Suga stood, looking relieved and free, free from the burden of having to hide and stay away from her.  

Before she knew it, she leapt into his embrace and buried her head in his neck, taking in his scent.  

"When did you get here?" She asked, muffled by his neck. 

"A little while ago. I was waiting till word got around," he replied, bending his head into her disheveled hair. 

She pulled away from him and looked up at his mischievous smile. Then, she placed a hand on his neck, pulling him towards her. Once he was close enough, she tiptoed and pressed her lips against his forcefully. He reciprocated and Ye Jin could feel the smile behind his kiss.  

"Yah! It's cold here! Come inside!" Nam Joon hollered behind them.  

They broke away, letting the heat rush to their cheeks. They followed Nam Joon inside, bracing themselves for the possible tension between the two families. 

Contrary to her belief, her Aunt embraced Suga as soon as he stepped into the house. The sight warmed her heart as she finally understood why her Aunt was so eager to tell her the news. Her Uncle stayed to the side and kept a straight face but Ye Jin could see the twitch at the corner of his lips, waiting to turn into an encouraging smile.  

Once Suga had been freed from the embrace, he stepped back and felt Ye Jin’s hand grasp his own. That simple touch was enough to calm his nerves. 

"It's late," her Aunt told the pair, pulling her robe closer around her slim frame. "You should go get some rest." 

With her suggestion, the family members retreated to their respective rooms and Ye Jin led Suga to her own. When he entered, he nodded, approving of her unique decorations.  

"Reminds me of your apartment," he said looking around the room.  

Ye Jin chuckled and made her way under the covers of her bed. Once she was against the wall, she lay down comfortably. She had left more than enough space for Suga to be comfortable.  

Ye Jin cleared and Suga took that noise as his signal to join her on the bed. Once he snuggled in closely to her, Ye Jin passed her hand in front of her and the light above them disappeared, drowning them in a momentary darkness.  

Suga turned so that he faced her, drinking her every aspect of her as his eyes gradually adjusted to the darkness. He laid his right arm across the pillow and Ye Jin  nudged closer to him, resting her head on his chest. Suga then bent his arm and began to his fingers down the length of her back.  

After a moments of listening to each other's breathing, Suga decided to ask something that had been on his mind for a while. "Have you reconnected with your parents?" 

Ye Jin was taken aback by his question and took a moment to gather her thoughts. "No," she admitted. "I see my brother the most and my mother on rare occasions, but never my father." 

"Don’t they live close to you now?" 

"No. They live in the North, yes, but far enough so that we won't even run into one another." 

"I'm sorry," Suga said, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. 

"Have you been going to college?" Ye Jin asked, desperate to change the topic.  

"Yes, I got into Busan National University. I love it there, especially being so close to the ocean in a matter of hours." 

Ye Jin nodded and focused on the comforting rise and fall of Suga's chest. It wasn’t long before sleep got the better of her. She fell asleep better than she had in months. Her comfort level was high and she wanted to enjoy it as long as possible.