Better than Magic

Incantations of Fate

An entire week passed by and Ye Jin avoided Suga through all of it. There were moments when he caught her eye and/or stopped her in the corridor, but she always managed to push her way through. Jung Kook seemed pleased to see that their friendship was faltering, for it meant that she spent more time with him and his friends.  

Even during the Physical Education classes, she would sometimes be on Suga's team, where he would shadow her in her every movement. She lost her patience near the end and snapped at him to get lost. Of course, Jung Kook rushed over to her to calm her down, and Suga spent the entire day glaring at him, cursing him profusely in his mind.  

The following week, Ye Jin's grandmother passed on news that the Min clan had chosen their next leader, and it wasn't Yoon Gi; it was his father. Despite her relief, she still knew that she needed to stay away from Suga in order to keep the peace between the clans.  

It was now Friday and it was the last class period. The students were exhausted from studying and quizzes and watched the hands on the clock move slowly. Ye Jin was feeling especially drained of energy from skipping her meals. Ever since Suga's father was appointed, she was constantly worried that he would do something to get her removed from the school with his son.  

Jung Kook and Nam Joon noticed her concerned looks but didn’t pry further, sensing that she needed some space.  

As the last bell of the school day rang, students bid their teachers goodbye and hurried to pack their belongings.  

"You guys go ahead. I need to talk to Ms. Kim," Ye Jin lied.  

They nodded and headed out of the classroom. She remained seated, leaning against the window frame, with her eyes closed. Her stomach felt as though it was twisting due to the lack of nutrients and her head spun as she moved.  

Once the classroom was emptied, Ye Jin opened her eyes and began to pack her bag slowly. However, as she stood up, she stumbled, unable to focus on the area around her. Her vision was blurring and a migraine rang throughout her mind.  

She tried to stand once more, but failed. Except, this time, someone caught her just before she fell. They straightened her and held her in place. She opened her eyes wide enough to see who it was.  

She released a scowl as she saw Suga's worried expression. 

"Can you walk?" He asked. 

She tried to nod, but they both knew she was lying.  

"Hold still." He leaned her against the desk and placed his hands on the desk. He conjured up a steaming bowl of beef-bone soup. The scent was enough to erupt a growl from her stomach. Suga lifted the bowl to her lips and blowed the steam away, trying to cool it down quickly.  

After a few slow sips, the soup cooled down enough for her to take large gulps. Soon enough, she had enough nutrients to stand properly and walk in a straight line.  

She muttered a thanks to Suga who smiled in response. The bowl was emptied and Suga merely passed a hand over it to remove it from existence.  

"I miss you," Suga said as Ye Jin picked up her bag.  

She stopped in her tracks, with her back to him. 

"I wish it wasn’t like this." 

"Me too," she found herself saying.  

He walked in front of her and took her head between his hands.  

"We can't do this. If anyone saw us, especially your father, he'd-" 

Suga silenced her as he bent towards her, connecting their lips. Ye Jin's eyes remained opened as she watched Suga close his. She watched each and every one of his eyelashes, wondering why they looked so perfect. Suga pulled away to study her face.  

"I'm sorry. I know you're right, but-" 

This time, Ye Jin pulled him to her. She placed her hand on the curve of his neck and tilted his head. Suga used his bottom lip to separate hers and the kiss intensified. She could sense the smile on his face as she closed her eyes and focused on the movement of their lips. Together, their lips synced up and they were in perfect rhythm. Suga's hands made their way to her waist and she moved closer to him, desperate for his warmth.  

After a moment, they broke away, breathing heavily as they pressed their foreheads together.  

"I think that's better than magic," Suga whispered. 

Ye Jin chuckled his cheek with her thumb.  

"I don't want to lose this, us." 

She nodded, knowing exactly what he meant. "We may not have a choice, though." 

"I don’t care." 

She pulled away from him and looked him directly in the eye. "Dangerous things can happen if we overstep the boundaries between our clans." 

"I think we just did." 

She couldn’t help the blush that rose to her cheeks.  

"Enough talk about our families. Let's just focus on this, right now. Let me walk you home." 

Ye Jin couldn’t argue with him, for she too wanted to just revel in the moment. So, she fixed her bag on her shoulders and the two made their exit from the school building, heading for Ye Jin's apartment. 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the slow updates recently. A lot of drama has been going on these past few days. But, I will be updating a lot more! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :D :D :D :D <3 <3