Giving in to the Feeling

Incantations of Fate

Just as promised, Ye Jin waited for Suga on the rooftop the next morning. Her bag covered her back from the sunlight but it also caused her to perspire. Despite her powers, she didn’t like to alter nature and move clouds as she wished.

After what felt like an hour, Suga emerged from the steel door. He flashed his mischievous smile and rushed over to her, with his hands behind his back.

"Good morning," he greeted.

"Yah! What took you so long?" She argued.

Suga shook his head and placed his hands in front of her, palm side up. She looked down and her eyes widened. In his hands was a letter with her name on it, hand-written by her brother. She would recognize that script anywhere.

Suga took her hand and placed the letter in hers. "I recognized your brother last night, looking for you. I said I went to school with you and he asked me to give this to you."

"Why didn’t you give it to me last night, then?"

"Because you would've rushed back over there and made things worse with your parents."

Ye Jin nodded, amazed at how much he seemed to understand about her family. She opened the letter excitedly and read it.

Noona,

It was great seeing you this morning. To be honest, I was afraid that I'd forget how you looked, but once I recognized you, I knew I would never forget.

Mom and Dad have avoided talking about you, no matter how much I pry. They keep speaking ill of you, but I know Mom doesn’t really feel that way; she's just going along with it to avoid conflict.

If it's okay with you, I would like to keep in contact. I changed cell phones after the fire, so my new number is: 010-462-5549. I would really appreciate it if you message me. I don’t want to lose contact with you, ever.

I miss you and I love you.

Your brother,

Suk Jin.

 

Ye Jin rose her head to the sky, trying to compose herself. She didn’t realize that Suga had came closer to her. It was only when he touched her face that she remembered he was there.

He held her face carefully and removed a fallen tear that she wasn’t even aware of.

"It seems your brother loves you very much."

She nodded, merely looking at his concerned face. "What's your family like?"

He chuckled. "Less complicated than yours, that's for sure."

She smiled slightly, genuinely believing him. "We should get to class."

"Not yet."

Suga pulled her closer to him, embracing her. Ye Jin's face nestled between his neck and shoulder. It had been so long since someone held her like that, that she forgot how good it felt. She closed her eyes and another tear escaped.

"Why are you being so nice to someone who's supposed to be your enemy?" She whispered against him.

"I- I don’t know."

She pulled away from him and said, "Thank you."

He smiled at her and followed her through the door, to their classroom.

---

Jung Kook stared at the pair as they entered the classroom together. Something in his conscience was telling him that they were getting closer, too close even. He despised the way he looked after Ye Jin;

caring about her so often. He never concerned himself with someone so much, even by accident. Jung Kook knew he had to keep Ye Jin from him, no matter what it took. From his personal experience, Suga was dangerous to be around.

---

Lunch period arrived and the boys surrounded her desk as usual. Not feeling particularly hungry, she decided to respond to her brother's letter. She informed Nam Joon about what her brother wrote and he was glad that his cousins were working through their problems. He joined in with the other guys and they became friends quickly.

She noticed that Suga and J-Hope left the classroom as per the norm.

After she wrote a short beginning paragraph in her letter, the back doors of the classroom slid opened and Suga made his way over to the group.

"Aish, what does that guy want this time?" Ji Min mumbled.

The others scowled as Suga became closer. Aware of the boys' dislike, Suga passed by them quickly and placed a lunch box in front of Ye Jin.

"Make sure to eat this," he instructed before leaving once more.

The moment Suga was out of sight, Tae Hyung looked at the box and gasped.

"Yah! This is sushi!" He exclaimed.

The other boys glanced in amazement.

"That's top-grade sushi. Where'd he get that around here?" Jin chimed in.

Ye Jin smiled to herself and opened the box. The scent of fresh, delicious sushi filled the air around her and she was genuinely excited to eat for the first time in a long time. She took up a piece with her bare fingers and plopped it into . The fish melted in and the rice levelled out the salt from the soy sauce.

The boys looked on, jealous of her meal.

"Here, have some," she said, pushing the box to the middle of the table. By the end of the meal, she only got another piece as the others devoured everything else.

They thanked her before heading off to their own classes.

When Suga returned to the class, he found the emptied box on his desk, with a note underneath it.

He lifted the box to read the note.

Let's have lunch together next time. No need to be so mysterious all the time.

He glanced over and Ye Jin offered him a smile.

To Ye Jin, she couldn’t help that Suga was becoming more attractive to be around. Before, she was sure that he would be bad for her and her secret, but he was involving himself too much into her life that she just decided to go along with it, rather than fight it all the time.