Running Away

Incantations of Fate

"So, why come back to his time?" Sufa pressed on, resting his head on his hand.  

She squirmed under his stare. "You don't need to know." 

Just as Yoon Gi opened his mouth to speak, Jung Kook and his friends came barrelling through the back door of the classroom, clutching bags of bread and juice cans from the cafeteria. The group was just about to move to their familiar area around Ye Jin when they spotted the bully.  

Suga felt their stares and reluctantly rose from the seat. "I'll see you after," he muttered before pushing through the group of boys. 

Jung Kook and his friends surrounded Ye Jin and began to eat their snacks in tense silence. It was clear that they had questions for Ye Jin, but she was in no mood to entertain them. 

"I'm not feeling too well," she told her cousin, who nodded and watched as she packed her belongings and left the classroom. 

She knew that Suga was on the rooftop, taking in the remaining time for the lunch period, so she made a conscious effort to exit the school without being seen from the rooftop.  

--- 

Ye Jin sat in the middle of the living room in her personal apartment, thinking hard about what to do next. She couldnt let Suga interrogate her, becasue she knew she would let go and tell him everything, which could change everything.On the flip side, if she kept silent about everything, he could just read her memories and her thoughts again and find out, which could reap the same result.  

After weighing the options, she thought about garnering enough power to travel herself into the future. Of course, that could work, but the future would be uncertain if the present Suga already knows about her abilities. Then, the thought about restarting again, and travelling back to the beginning of the school term, entered her mind but she knew she couldn't go back there.  

Instead, she decided on traveling to a time she never saw; the extreme future when she is 25 years old (just one year shy just one year shy of the so-called breaking of the clan barriers). 

She rose from the ground and changed her clothes, wanting to be ready for whatever place she was going to enter when she travelled. Before was eassier beasue she could picture her school entrance, but trying to picture a future place was more tricky. Just to be safe, she pictured the front of her Aunt's place in ChunCheon 

She closed her eyes held her hands out in front of her, with her palms facing upwards. She focused her mind on acquiring all the energy around her. Slowly, she felt the energy pour into her soul, making her giddy from its force and strength. She focused on the image of her Aunt's house and let the mix of energy and magic flow throw her, sending her hurtling through the years.The wind around her engulfed her, and when it stopped, she cautiously opened her eyes.  

Releasing a sigh of relief, she watched the familiar entrance of her Aunt's house. She smiled to herself and headed into the house. The emptiness of the house surrounded her. It looked just the same, but there was a sense of loss all around, epsecially with no pictures anywhere. She looked at the dust-covered tables and sofas, wondering what was so different this time. 

"I was wondering when you were going to get here," a voice announced behind her. 

She quickly turned around and stood face-to-face with the all-too-familar face of Suga. This time, he looked more mature, just a little older from when she remembered him as 21 years old. 

25 looked good on him. 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for this short chapter! To make it up to you, the next chapter has some in it XD. I hope it won't inconvenience too many of you all, as i will have to label it as mature. 

Thanks for all the love and support! <3