Energy Force

Incantations of Fate

The midterms arrived and left smoothly. Ye Jin was confident that she did well for her first exams in her new school. Nam Joon, on the other hand, looked exhausted. He was good at his studies but he always ended up cramming right before the exam. 
Jung Kook didn’t look quite as confident, but he assured her that an average rating was good enough for him. 
On the last day of exams, the students were allowed to leave the school earlier, around lunch time. Everyone took advantage of this and hurried to leave once they were given the green light.
"Ye Jin-ah, what should we today on out half-day?" Nam Joon asked.
"Whatever you guys want to do," she responded, stealing a quick glance at Suga. He was leaning on his desk, preparing to take a nap.
The boys nodded and Jung Kook texted the other friends to gather to have some fun. When Nam Joon and Jung Kook packed their bags, Ye Jin told them to head out and she would meet them in a little while. They left without questioning her. 
Once they were gone, Ye Jin strolled over to Suga. After she lightly tapped him on the shoulder, he remained still. She tried shaking his shoulder but he still didn’t budge. Just as she was about to turn to leave, he sat us and grabbed her around the waist and pulled her to sit on his lap. 
His mischievous smile was ever present as he tucked a loose strand from her hair. 
"Thought I'd just leave you like that?" He teased.
She cupped his face in her palms and leaned forward to give him a kiss. Once their lips met, their eyes automatically closed as they focused on matching their lips in the right tempo. 
"I'll miss you," Suga whispered as they broke for air. 
Ye Jin gave him another peck and stared at him, making mental notes of every detail that made up his face. 
"Can I see  you tonight?" Suga asked.
"Is that a good idea?" 
"No, but I still want to."
"Well, if you think you can get by undetected, then by all means I'll be glad to see you." 
Suga nodded, seeming to accept the challenge.
"Oh, I should get going. The boys are waiting out front for me."
Suga's expression faltered as she stood to her feet. He watched her collect her bag and leave the room, waving sweetly behind her.
---
The students decided to walk to a near-by tteobbeokki place, ready to feed themselves. As they approached an intersection, they stopped at the red light. 
After a short while, the crossing sign for pedestrians flashed and the students continued their route. However, a speeding van had other thoughts. The vehicle sped up rather than slow down, heading straight for Jung Kook, who was at the front of the group. Thinking on instinct, Ye Jin held her hands out and wished the van to stop suddenly. With the mix of magic, the van did just that and everyone around them turned to look in their direction after hearing the loud screeching of the tires. 
The boys stumbled backwards, shocked by the closeness of the vehicle. On-lookers began murmuring as to what had caused the car to come to such a sudden halt. Even the driver was speechless. He stepped down from the van, with eyes wide with shock.
"Ahjussi! You almost hit those kids!" Someone behind them hollered at the driver.
"Ah, yes. I'm truly sorry," the driver responded with an expression that was mixed with regret and confusion. He looked as though he had just seen a ghost. 
Jung Kook and the others continued to walk on, not thinking twice about the sudden stop. Nam Joon, however, glanced at her and gave her a thumb-up. She nodded and continued to follow. 
Despite the short walk, Ye Jin became exhausted from using up so much magic. It had been a while since she used that much force in her mind, so she was becoming mentally drained. 
"Hey, I'm not feeling too well. I'm gonna head off," she announced as the group approached the restaurant. 
The boys nodded, empathizing and Nam Joon gave her a pat on the shoulder. She turned away and began her slow stroll towards her apartment. Not feeling to walk the entire way, she took local transport and used a small portion of her magic to make it seem like she paid for the ride. 
Once she was in her apartment, she headed straight her bed, not bothering to change her clothes. Sleep surrounded her and she was dead to the world while she 'recharged'.