I Need You

Incantations of Fate

The moment he rose his hand to her face and his fingers grazed her cheek, she could hear her heartbeat in her ears. This feeling was all too familiar. She knew she had to do something to make sure things didn’t get out of hand. 
She stepped back, out of his touch. He winced at her movement, disappointed. 
"What are you doing here? Do you have any idea how dangerous this is?" She asked him, adopting a scolding attitude. 
He took a step closer to her. This time, she let him get closer to her. "I needed to see you."
"But why now, of all times?" 
Suga shrugged, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his navy blue jeans. 
"You should get back before anyone sees you here," she said. She turned around, ready to leave him behind. 
Suddenly, Suga rushed up to her and grasped her in his arms. As his strong arms circled around her shoulders, Ye Jin found herself subconsciously leaning against him. She could feel his heartbeat from her back and felt flutters as he breathed against her neck. 
"Don’t make me leave, please," Suga pleaded.
The tone of pure desperation made her melt inside, but the future of their clans depended on peace. She couldn’t do anything that could jeopardize that. She pulled away from him and this time, he didn’t follow. 
"Don’t you get it? We can't be together. Not now, not ever!" She yelled behind her. Her pace increased as she became desperate to leave the moment. She couldn’t trust herself to not do something stupid with him. If anyone saw them together, all hell would break loose, especially since he was the son of the Min clan leader. Being together could only lead to trouble.

She found the other gate and Nam Joon stood outside, waiting for her. When he saw her, he hurried over and asked what had happened.
"Nothing you have to worry about," she responded curtly, avoiding eye contact. "Let's go get something to eat."
Nam Joon followed behind his cousin. However, just before they left, he glanced behind him back towards the gates and his face paled. He saw Yoon Gi watching after them, with longing in his eyes. He hadn't noticed Nam Joon, and Nam Joon wanted to keep it that way. He knew he should keep this to himself, as his cousin's face was filled with despair and confusion. Whatever his cousin decided to do, he knew he would have to trust her and believe that she was doing that right thing. Even though he wasn’t part of the magic part of the family, he still belonged under the Park clan, so everything that Ye Jin did would be for the betterment of the family. 
But, he thought, would she ever be happy for herself?

Throughout their meal, Ye Jin stayed silent, continuing to avoid Nam Joon's gaze. Her mind kept conjuring Suga's face. He seemed the same as three years ago; he didn’t look any older. She felt guilty for treating him as she did, but she had worked too hard to rid him from her mind in order to move on with her life. If he couldn’t come to terms with their harsh reality, then she would have to make him, even if it meant hurting him. 
However, she couldn’t deny the fact that her heart ached to be close to him. His smile and his scent was all too welcoming and she wanted to run to him and never let him go. She was still, undoubtedly, in love with him. Her feelings may have been covered, but they never disappeared. Seeing him again removed the cover and it was as though she was falling for him all over again. 
She wanted him. No, she needed him.