Another New Classmate

Incantations of Fate

"Ye Jin-ssi!"  

She heard her name from behind her. She was nearing the entrance gates to YongKi High and she turned to see who was calling her.  

smile rose to her face as Jung Kook approached her. They said good morning to each other and made their way to the classroom.  

It was 20 minutes before classes were to begin and their homeroom teacher, Ms. Kim, entered to take the roll. As she was halfway through calling the names, Suga and J-Hope strolled through the classroom, not bothering to greet anyone. The teacher sighed, seeming to be accustomed to this behavior.  

As Suga took his seat, he glanced at Ye Jin and his gaze moved to where her pendant lay under her shirt collar. He smirked and turned his gaze to the front.  

Once the roll call was over, Ms. Kim began to talk about class conduct and whatnot. Not 2 minutes into her lecture, the secretary from the Principal's office arrived, with a mature-looking student following behind. Once the pair entered, Ms. Kim gave them the floor and stood back. 

"Everyone, say hello to Kim Nam Joon. He will be joining your class from today." The secretary nodded and left the room. 

Ye Jin gasped inaudibly. She recognized him immediately. He had his mother's wide smile. Kim Nam Joon was her Aunt's son. As magic in the Park Clan was only passed onto the females in the family, Nam Joon was unaffected, but the two of them grew up together and he witnessed many of her magical attempts. Although Ye Jin's father's name was Lee, all women were supposed to take the name "Park" to keep the name alive in the bloodline. 

Nam Joon bowed to the classroom and made his way to the back of the classroom. The seat in front of her was now vacant as the student decided to move to Jung Kook's seat, which left Nam Joon to sit right in front of his cousin.  

As he moved to sit, he glanced behind him and saw Ye Jin. He gasped, amazed to see her. 

With pleading eyes, she begged him to keep quiet.  

Ms. Kim said her goodbyes and the class bid her farewell. Once she was out, Nam Joon turned around. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked hurriedly. 

Ye Jin sighed. "I arrived yesterday." 

"Okay, but why here? Didn't your parents send you away somewhere far?" 

Nam Joon was speaking in a high tone, causing several students to look their way.  

"What did you say?" It seemed like one of those attentive students was Suga. 

Ye Jin turned to him, eyes wide, suddenly remembering the lie she told him the previous day. 

"You," Suga said, pointing at Nam Joon. "You said her parents?" 

Nam Joon nodded. Both boys turned to Ye Jin, desperate for answers. Suga, however, moved in between her and Jung Kook so that he was right next to her face.  

"Tell me the truth, where did you get that necklace?" He demanded. 

Speechless, Ye Jin looked from her cousin to Suga. Thankfully, their first period teacher arrived and instructed everyone to return to their seats.  

Scowling, Suga did as he was told, never taking his glare off of Ye Jin. She wondered how much he knew about her, from a simple lie. He had no reason to overreact that way over her lie, so why was he?  

No way, she thought. There's no way that he's part of that Min line.