No Secrets

Incantations of Fate

It was time for Physical Education and the students changed into t-shirts and shorts and headed to the Basketball court. The teacher for this class was a middle aged man with graying hair. He looked at the class sternly as he prepped the activities. They were set to play a friendly game of dodgeball.  

The class was divided into half and Ye Jin was glad that her group consisted of Nam Joon and Jung Kook. However, her joy was short-lived as she saw Suga glaring at her across the court. The teacher placed an orange ball in the center and the two teams braced themselves for the action. 

Once with whistle was heard, Jung Kook raced to the ball, catching it before Suga. Taking his aim, he threw the ball with force and it landed on J-Hope's shin. Cursing, the victim stormed off the court and plopped down on the bleachers.  

"Don’t feel cocky just yet," Suga warned Jung Kook. 

"We'll see," the younger replied. 

As the game went on, the court consisted of Ye Jin, Jung Kook and Suga. The audience of students quickly lost interest as the game was overlapping into their lunch period. Everyone was packed and ready to go, except the three involved in the game.  

"Let's end this quickly, huh?" Jung Kook teased.  

Suga scoffed and waited, tossing the ball between his hands. When he was ready, he took position, separating his legs and holding the ball behind his head. His target was aimed at Ye Jin. With a strong throw, the ball spun in the air. Jung Kook realized the target, and rushed over to protect Ye Jin from the force.  

When he stood in front of her, Ye Jin gasped, realizing what he was trying to do. Feeling protective over the adorable classmate, she flicked her hand in the air, out of instinct. Immediately, the ball changed direction and hit the back wall with a loud thud.  

Jung Kook, confused, glanced from the ball to Ye Jin, trying to wrap his mind around why the ball moved so suddenly.  

" of luck?" Ye Jin suggested. 

He nodded. "As long as you're fine." 

Jung Kook moved to the bleachers to get a drink of water, leaving Ye Jin alone to scold herself for her instinctive magic. Across the court, Suga smirked at her. She feared that he really did know her secret. 

Rushing up to her, Nam Joon grabbed her arm. "Why did you do that?" 

"Force of habit," she admitted. 

Her cousin sighed, worried. "Smooth move."  

The teacher clapped his hands twice and announced, "Let's call it a day, huh?" 

The students grunted but hurried out the double doors.  

"Let's go," Nam Joon said. 

"You go on ahead. I'll see you back at class." 

He shrugged and made his exit. Eventually, there was just Ye Jin and Suga in the room. 

"I had no idea my aim was that weak," Suga said, making his way over to the bleachers next to her.  

She sighed, desperate to ignore his company. A thought to make him shut up came to the front of her mind, but she rejected it immediately. 

"Maybe you should practice some more," she countered. 

"Maybe you should be less obvious with your hand motions." 

She whipped her head to look at him.  

He chuckled mischievously. "Relax, who am I going to tell?" 

"What do you know?" She finally asked. 

Suga took a gulp from his water bottle and looked at her. "More than you know. Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me, Park witch." 

He rose to his feet and began to walk away.  

"Wait!" Ye Jin called after him. "Are you from the Min bloodline?" Ye Jin knew that unlike her clan, where girls had the powers, the Min clan's powers were passed down to the boys. 

He turned to her and smirked again. Pointing at her, he said, "Bingo." 

Flustered, she move towards him.  

"Just don’t test me, okay? It's embarrassing to go to the same school as a Park witch." 

With that, he strolled out of the room, leaving the witch to her jumbled thoughts.