Decision, Decisions

Incantations of Fate

Within hours, Ye Jin was back at her Aunt's house, under the careful watch of Nam Joon and Suga. She liked their presence but felt watched with every move she made. From within her bedroom, she heard her Aunt welcome someone to their house, but she couldn’t tell who it was.  

When their footsteps were nearing her room, her anxiety increased. When the doorknob turned, she knew exactly who was going to enter. 

"Ye Jin-ah!" The door flung open and the nervous, guilt-ridden face of Jung Kook stared from her to the other men. He stepped further into the room and his nervousness turned to anger, registering the other visitor. 

"Jung Kook-ah," Nam Joon said, getting up and placing a cautious hand on his friend's arm. 

Jung Kook shoved him aside and stared at his girlfriend. "What is he doing here?" 

Now, it was Ye Jin's time to calm him down. "It's not what you think it is." 

He scoffed and said, "Really? Because it looks like you were in the hospital last night and I'm the last one to know about it." 

"I should have told you sooner," Nam Joon interjected. "But, it's not her fault because she couldn’t even contact anyone." 

"Then how the hell is this here?" Jung Kook yelled, pointing at Suga with eyes ablaze. 

"He actually saved me," Ye Jin told him.  

His gaze returned to her, less angry and more confused. "What?" 

"His father attacked me and, if Suga wasn't there, I would've been as good as dead." 

All through this, Suga remained quiet, not wanting to add fuel to the fire.  Jung Kook moved to sit next to Ye Jin on her bed and looked at the ground.  

"Why would his father hurt you? I thought everything was over and done with." Jung Kook sighed heavily.  

Suga decided to jump in. "He was convinced that I decided to study here because of her." 

Jung Kook scoffed again and asked, "But isn't that true?" 

"It was at first, but-"  

"But what? Can you honestly say that you don’t plan to see her often when you're here?" Jung Kook looked up to meet Suga's gaze. 

"No. If I'm absolutely honest, Ye Jin means everything to me and I still can't give her up so easily."  

Ye Jin could sense the tension growing in the room. She looked between the two men, but kept quiet. She could sense that this was a discussion for them to work out on their own. However, they didn’t want her to keep quiet.  

Jung Kook turned in his seat to look over at her from his shoulder. "Ye Jin, you said you love me, but I can tell there is something between the two of you. Please, just tell me what to do." 

She sat up straighter and looked around unsure of what to say. She had to choose her words carefully so as to keep the peace among the group. However, within this group, she wasn't even sure if a future peace even existed.  

"I-I cant say that I'm 100% over Suga," she finally muttered, staring at her sheets underneath her.  

Jung Kook inhaled and exhaled heavily. Being so close to him, Ye Jin could feel his discomfort grow, clouded by anger. The room fell silent, glittered only by everyone's tense breathing. 

"Am I some kind of joke to you?" Jung Kook rose to his feet, but kept his gaze away from anyone. "The last time we had any group discussion like this, you said that you loved me and Suga meant nothing to you. Now, you say that there is a chance that he can re-enter your heart and I'm pretty sure that you won't have any problem pushing me aside." 

"Jung Kook-ah," Suga began, but was cut off by Ye Jin. 

"You're right. This makes no sense and it's frustrating. Being with you is better for me, that's for sure. But at the same time, I can't forget Suga. If the clan rules didn't exist, I would never have left Busan, nor would I have given up Suga." 

"So, should I thank the clan for letting you give me a chance or curse at them for causing all of this pain and heartache?" 

Jung Kook stomped his way to the door and, before he left the room, turned to look at them over his shoulder. "When you make up your mind, give me a call." 

With his exit, silence engulfed the trio. Nam Joon stood up and made his way to his own room.  

Before Suga could say anything, Ye Jin spoke. "I think you should just leave for today." 

He nodded and left as instructed. Being alone with her thoughts allowed her to examine everything as clearly as possible. Despite how much she analyzed, coming to a decision proved to be the most difficult part. She would have much rather faced the council again than make this decision so soon. She took her medication from the hospital and eventually fell asleep. Jung Kook and Suga's faces haunted her mind and threatened to burst through her sleep-induced consciousness. She knew that peace was nonexistent until she made the ultimate decision.  

--- 

After getting only a few hours of sleep, Ye Jin awoke to a message from Suga on her phone. 

"They found my father. He will be given a trial. The council will call you soon." 

She sighed and rested her head back onto her pillow, wishing for all the drama in her life to come to a halt.a