A Lively Visitor

Incantations of Fate

It didn’t take long for the two of them to get to her apartment. When she unlocked the door, she had to remove the enchanted barrier for Suga to enter. He smirked when he realized that her apartment thought of him as a threat.  

However, once inside, she immediately replaced the enchantment, ensuring that she was safe.  

Suga stood in the middle of the entrance, taking his time to glance around at his new surroundings. 

"It must get pretty lonely here, huh?" He muttered from behind her.  

She nodded and disappeared into her room. Quickly changing into a t-shirt and sweat pants, she joined Suga in the living room. When he saw her changed, he smirked and pulled out a t-shirt from his bag. He didn’t turn away when he pulled off his uniform. However, Ye Jin felt the heat rush to her cheeks and rushed to her kitchen to fetch them something to drink. 

When she turned around, she saw him changed and flicking through the cable channels on the television. 

He smiled at her when he took the glass from the coffee table. He sipped it and scrunched his face at the taste. She wondered what was wrong with the water. 

Suga merely passed his hand over the cup and it changed into something resembling beer.  

"You drink beer?" She asked. 

"Of course. Don’t you?" 

She shook her head. She had tasted it before, but she never went out of her way to have it again. 

When they decided that nothing on television was interesting enough, they sat on the floor and thought of something to chat about. 

They sat facing each other and Ye Jin was tugging at a loose thread at the bottom of her t-shirt.  

"Have you ever heard of 'Natural Magic'? He asked suddenly, breaking the silence.  

She shook her head. 

"It’s the kind of magic where you can just create greenery from the palm of your hand, or out of anything. It's purely magic, of course, so it has no place in the normal world. I've never seen anyone do it, but it's been rumored to be used by the most powerful of our race." 

She was intrigued now, especially since Suga's eyes were widened and his smile was intoxicating.  

"Wanna give it a try?" He tempted. 

She nodded and held out her palms between them, face-up. She concentrated on creating a small stem from a flower, but failed. She put more concentration into it but was cut off by Suga's sudden burst of laughter. 

He was leaning back, clutching his stomach as his mouth roared a low laugh. He straightened up with tears of joy forming in the corners of his eyes. "You really think something like that exists? That's definitely just a fairy tale." 

He continued his laughter as she grew stern. She glared at him and wanted more than anything to prove him wrong.  

She continued to bore holes into him but her magic was tingling at her fingertips. Suddenly, she imagined her walls lined with vines and before she knew it, a shadow cast over them. 

Suga glanced up to the light and his smile disappeared as he watched thick vines cover the light shade. He turned to look at Ye Jin. 

"Just how powerful are you?" He asked in disbelief. 

She smiled to herself, glad that she could prove him wrong. When his shocked gaze didn’t leave, she made the vines disappear and the room returned to being normally lit. 

"You're full of surprises, aren't you?"  

She nodded modestly. Suga moved closer to her and balanced himself on his knees. He took her face in his hands and bent to kiss her. It wasn't long until they were a mangle of hands over clothes and traces of saliva around their mouths.  

However, as Suga slipped a hand under her shirt, she froze. He noticed and pulled away. 

"Sorry," he rushed to say. 

He sat up and she followed suit. "I've just never had someone touch me like that, I guess." 

"Neither have I, to be honest." 

She looked at him, thinking he was lying. "Really?" 

"Maybe because I seem so good at it, you probably thought I had girls lined up, right?" He flashed his mischievous smile. 

Ye Jin smiled and chuckled at him. 

Then, his phone rang. Ye Jin stayed quiet, giving him his space. 

"Yes, father?" He answered. 

She glanced at him, worried.  

"Yes...yes...alright...I'll be right there."  

He hung up the call and turned to her once again. "I have to go." 

She nodded.  

She walked him to the front door and watched him force his feet into his sneakers. Before leaving, he turned to her and gave her a peck on her forehead. 

"I'll see you, when I see you," he said, smiling, remembering that the weekend began the next day.  

She watched him walk away, waving now and then when he glanced back. Once he was gone, her smile faded as she turned back to her empty apartment. She liked having him there, as he gave some life to the apartment, but now it was just her and the still hum from the refrigerator.