Another Unexpected Visitor

Incantations of Fate

Trying to focus on the day's classes was a futile attempt. Despite her shaking mind, she kept thinking about the previous night and how she felt at Yoon Gi's wordless departure. Once the sun greeted her that morning, she had received a total of 0 phone calls and messages from him. Every time she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, she hoped it would be a notification from him, but her hopes were shut down when she saw Nam Joon's name appear.  

Unlike Suga, Nam Joon messaged her constantly, making sure that she was alright and not hiding somewhere letting her tears flow out of abandonment. It was now noon and classes had just come to an end for her. She was grateful to have one class that morning, so that she could take some time to fully come to terms with Suga's leaving.  

Just as she gathered her books and was ready to exit the classroom, her phone buzzed. She looked down and instead of Nam Joon's regular check-up message, she gasped as she saw the name. It wasn't Yoon Gi either.  

Hey, are you ever coming back home?  

Her hand shook slightly out of shock. She couldn’t believe that Jung Kook was messaging her, out of the blue. This is how their conversation went: 

Ye Jin: Hey, how have you been? 

JK: Alright. College classes, of course. 

Ye Jin: Good. How did you come to message me today? 

JK: I ran into Yoon Gi last night. He looked upset. I wondered if you saw him? 

Ye Jin: No, I haven't. 

JK: Lies. He told me he saw you and that he messed everything up. 

Ye Jin: Fine, yes I saw him. But he left without saying goodbye. 

JK: Are you coming back home? 

Ye Jin: Maybe. I'm not too sure. 

JK: Where are you? I want to see you. 

Ye Jin: I'm in Chuncheon. 

JK: Great. Send me your address. I'll come see you tomorrow. 

 

Despite her mind yelling at her to send him away, the moment she pressed 'send', she knew it was out of her control. She wanted to talk to someone outside of her family; someone who didn’t know about all the magic stuff. She just hoped that when they did talk again, he wouldn’t bring up Yoon Gi and her parting.  

Once she sent her address to Jung Kook, she called Nam Joon and told him that they should expect a visitor tomorrow. Unlike Ye Jin, Nam Joon seemed genuinely excited at seeing his old friend. Sure, they had been friends for a couple of months, but an old friend was always welcomed, especially when the two of them never had any disagreements.  

After the phone call ended, she made her way off of the University campus, heading straight for home.  

--- 

"Park Ye Jin! Get in this room immediately!" Her Aunt yelled from the living room.  

Ye Jin exhaled deeply and closed the door. Slipping off her shoes and shrugging out of her coat, she let her mind run wild with reasons for her outburst. 

In the living room, Nam Joon and his mother sat, with the former looking worried and the latter looking upset as her face flamed from anger.  

"Park Ye Jin, would you care to explain this letter?" Her Aunt rose and took a folded page from the coffee table. She it in her niece's hands and waited. 

As Ye Jin looked at the page, her face paled. This wasn’t just some notice that appeared in the mail; this was an official letter, from both leaders of the Min and Park clans. They were requesting her presence at the next official clan meeting, which was set to happen that Friday, which meant that she had four full day, at best, to organize her thoughts and try to gain some insight as to why they would need to see her. 

Putting her anger and grief aside, she attempted to give Suga a call. However, the call went straight to his voicemail, just as she expected. She asked her Aunt if she knew anything, but all she told her was that it was regarding her relationship with Suga. That was all the information she managed to gather from the other Park members.  

"What relationship?" Was all Ye Jin thought with spite.