Chapter 50

Desire For Revenge

She is scared for whatever effect that may come from her answer. She knows that this might put an eternal end between both of them which she is so reluctantly to do that. But letting go everything she been fighting for? Could she? What should she choose? Desire or love?

'What should I do?' she thought. Her heart and mind keep telling her to choose love. But she still hesitated the after effect that will happen. Then, her phone rang and she accepted it. Jaejoong only let it be. But right after Jihyo hang up the call, she finally made up her mind after this few minutes of silence.

"Sorry but your love never overpower my greed." she calmly replied him. 

This is exactly the moment he feel that his world crumbled. At this moment everything seems so vain. Emptiness, worthless and beautyless inside his world for the first time seems so clear. It takes her exactly one sentence to kill him inside. One sentence to ruin what he use to hold on and believed. At first when she is hesitating, he was already feel sad but as he thought that she might choose him afterall, he keeps hoping. But after this few minutes of silence yet she didn't choose him as the final answer. What should he do then?

*mindlessly* "In the end, I'm still the one who live in despair." he said. What's there left for him to say and think anymore? He really don't know. Her words stab right through his heart. She cut down the belief he believe all these time during her absence.

Jihyo only stay silent. Since she can't really say anything anymore.

"Okay then."Jaejoong said to her coldly. Using his cold eyes watching her face, he left the room feeling heartbroken. The moment he shut the door Jihyo could only cried painfully.

'My heart ache so much. That person also feels the same right?' she keeps hitting her chest repeatly. 

Johnsons go in to the room right after he confirmed that Jaejoong have really left. He watch her crying badly and keeps hitting her chest. Feeling guilty, he reach out and hug her.

"Let's go home." Johnsons said to her. Then he supported her to their car.

___________________________________________

On the road journey to the mansion they stayed, Jihyo only look outside the window. She don't even say anything. She just keeps staring outside blankly. Johnsons have tried a few times to converse with her but Jihyo don't even say anything to reply what he asked. Seldomly, he looked at her worried about her condition. He prefer that she at least cry loudly or scream. Or hit him because it's unbearable for her. But she do none of it. Then Johnsons thought it's not right for them to return to the mansion, so he turn to the other way. As Jihyo realize that they are not the road they should take, she finally speak.

"Where are we going?" she asked him without looking at him.

"We will stay at my hotel for the rest of our days in Korea. Tomorrow I'll take your stuff at the mansion." he replied her.

"Why? Shouldn't you expect this to happen when you called me earlier?" she finally look at Johnsons. But he only keep his attention on the road. He don't want to turn and look at her cold eye watching him. Since it will hurt him. Since he knows he will only regretted his decision.

"You are not in the right state to return now." he changed the topic since he can't really answer her question.

**flashback**

Johnsons was outside the door all the time. He heard every single things they said inside the room. He knows this is wrong but still, he don't want them to be left alone in that room. Afraid that Jihyo might end up give up everything for Jaejoong and he will be left alone again just like how his pass away wife. There is a moment that he almost enter the room when he heard the broken wine bottle. But he hold his horses since he knows that will only make Jihyo hate him more if he interfered. Then,

"I will ask you for the last time, will you stop for me?" Johnsons heard Jaejoong asked Jihyo and there's no direct replies from Jihyo. That moment he knows that Jihyo is tempted by that question. Although he don't really know Jihyo but one thing he is clear about her is her attitude about Kim Jaejoong. Jihyo could be evil and bad for everything she do as long as it's for revenge, but for her to hurt Kim Jaejoong, there won't be any guarantee that she might hold up well her emotions. As he knows that he will have to play a role to stop Jihyo from being tempted by Jaejoong's question, he called her.

"Let me remind you something before you really answer his question. Don't be shocked and ask how I know. In five days time, he will be declared as bankruptcy. Then, President Kang will definitely did everything he could to sue him for taking the company's money. His wealth and everything will be taken away. With no power and wealth, do you think he could survive from the danger of President Kang? You are a logic person so think carefully." Johnsons hang up the call. Although he feels guilty but in order to keep her by his side, he could only do this kind of tactic.

**end of flashback**

"I bet you must be happy that everything is working according to what you wanted right?" Jihyo said sarcastically.

"Say anything you want to make yourself feel better. But in my opinion, I didn't do anything wrong. I only trying to protect your ambition to complete your revenge. There's nothing I said earlier is a not a truth and you also know it well."

"As if." she replied him.

'Love is selfish so one day you will forgive me for that.' - he thought.