Another hospital visit

Hospital Happiness

“… And he said that he was going to come back next week!” you slumped back in your seat.

“~~~~~-ah… You’re not working at a host club, right?” Yoona asked modestly.

“Huh? No! And if I was, this wouldn’t be a problem…”

“I don’t get why you see this as a problem. You have a hot guy stalking you at work handing out money like a broken ATM. You need money, he, obviously, needs company. ‘Problem’ solved,” Hyoyeon said. “It’s a win-win-situation.”

“But I can’t use him like that,” you frowned at her.

“You didn’t ask for money, he gave it to you voluntary, that’s not using,” Hyoyeon stated.

“Well, I don’t even know if he will come…”

 

You hurried across the school grounds and trotted through the gates. You crossed the street and ran to the bus stop where the bus was standing already. You could afford spending some money on the bus today. Or rather, Jonghyun was paying… You were going to visit your father before work.

 

The automatic doors slid open and you walked towards the elevators.

“~~~~~?” You turned around when you heard your name being called out.

“De?” Your eyes searched the owner of the voice and caught a familiar figure in the huge entrance. Gikwang.

“Back again? Here for another invigorative visit?” He smiled at you and made you company to the elevators.

“Yeah. Yoseob is still here?” you asked.

“I’m here to pick him up. He’s going home today.” Gikwang let you go into the elevator before entering himself. He pushed the button with a ‘7’ and the doors slid close. You bit your lip.

“I’m sorry for asking but… why is he here?”

“Yoseob… he has leukemia.”

 

You quietly walked out of the lift and through the corridor side by side. You turned a left and walked past a waiting room.

“Hyung!” someone shouted and burst out of the anteroom. Yoseob jumped and threw himself in Gikwang’s arms. “You’re early, I wasn’t expecting you until later.” Yoseob smiled at his hyung while clinging onto his neck. He was so cute.

“Oh, ~~~~~ noona.” Yoseob discovered you over his hyung’s shoulder. He immediately let go of Gikwang and pushed him aside. “Are you feeling better today noona, or do you need another hug? I’ll give you one anyway.” Yoseob held his arms out and took a few steps forward, ready to hug you. Suddenly Gikwang slipped in between the two of you and blocked Yoseob’s way.

“Maybe we should try to avoid intimacy this meeting, we had enough of that last time…” Gikwang said with his back to you and his arms slightly out from his sides. He looked very protective…

“Hyung!” You couldn’t see Yoseob, since Gikwang was right in front of you, but you could hear him stomping his foot. “You just want her to yourself!”

“I… don’t spout nonsense.” Gikwang glanced at you over his shoulder. “We should get going… after we have followed ~~~~~ to her father, of course.”

“Wow, chincha? We are such gentlemen.” Yoseob sounded amazed. “Can we meet her father?”

“No.”