Introducing the family

Hospital Happiness

“…I don’t know for how long we were standing there, but Yoseob had to interrupt us. It was so embarrassing!” You face palmed yourself. Hyoyeon and Yoona looked at you. “What?”

“Since when was there hot guys hugging people at hospitals?” Hyoyeon asked Yoona.

“I guess we’ll have to go there and find out ourselves some hotties,” Yoona answered.

“Yeah, and maybe we should pour some soup over them while we’re at it,” Hyoyeon said.

“Yah! Stop making fun of me,” you pouted.

“Don’t you get it? Guys think you’re hot. If only you didn’t work night and day you could get yourself a boyfriend,” Yoona told you.

“Don’t you think you’re reading a little too much into this?” You asked. Even if they were right it didn’t matter. You couldn’t afford to give up your job, not even take a night off. You would gladly take a few more shifts.

“Whatever. You just have to realize it yourself, and then you can do something about it,” Hyoyeon shrugged.

“I wonder if you will meet a third one today.” Yoona got up and walked towards her afternoon class.

“Shut up!”

 

“I’m home!” You kicked your shoes off. The twins came running and jumped upon you. The boys were almost five years old now and they were getting heavy… “Hi boys. Have you been good today?” You put them back on the floor. They nodded eagerly. “Have you been visiting appa?” They nodded again. You patted their heads.

“~~~~~? Is that you?” your mother called from the kitchen. The twins ran ahead of you to the narrow kitchen. She was cooking dinner for the entire family.

“Omma, you know I’m eating at the restaurant today so don’t cook for me, okay?”

“Arasso. I’m sure the food there is better anyway.” Your mother put the plates on the table.

“Where’s the little one?” You asked after your youngest sister, three years old.

“She’s asleep.”

“And Taeyeon-ah?” That was your sister too, the only one close to you in age. She was in her first year of high school, while you were a senior.

“I don’t really know. She just said that she was going to be late.” Your mum pushed the twins out of her way and moved a pot off the hotplate.

“Okay. I’ll go and change and then I’m off to work.” You walked into one of the two bedrooms.

“See you tonight. Don’t work too hard, sweetheart.”