What happens at table four

Hospital Happiness

“Why aren’t you eating?” Jonghyun glanced at your untouched pie. “Do you need me to feed you?”

“N-no.” You grabbed your spoon and stuffed your mouth full.

“Better.” Jonghyun nodded contented. What was the matter with him?

 

You tried to swallow the big piece of pie you had put in your mouth but ended up almost chocking. Jonghyun thumped you in the back.

“You okay?” he asked while Onew just looked at you worriedly.

“I’m fine,” you muttered with your cheeks flaming in embarrassment.

“Stop blushing. This isn’t worse than throwing food at someone.” Jonghyun put his spoon in his mouth with an innocent face.

“She was blushing that time as well if I don’t remember it wrong,” Onew chimed in. your face got even redder.

“Yah! Did you plan this just to mock me? Don’t you think I feel embarrassed enough?” you blurted and slammed your spoon in the table.

“Take it easy, we’re just kidding.” Jonghyun defensively held his hands up.

“It was not funny.” You leaned back in your chair with your arms crossed over your chest. The boys exchanged looks and you heard a whisper: “Hot tempered much?”

“Who said that!?” You stood up, almost tipping your chair over.

“Could you please sit down?” Jonghyun glanced over his shoulder. Good thing you were at one of the private tables. You forced yourself to calm down and sat on the chair again. You can’t loose your job! you mentally scolded yourself. You pasted a smile on your face and sat quiet while eating the rest of your pie.

 

The guys stood up and you followed their lead.

“Thank you for tonight ~~~~~.” Jonghyun pulled his wallet out of his pocket. “How much?” How would you know?

“I’ll go and get the check.”

“There’s no need. Will this cover it?” Just because he had did he have to strew it around himself?

“It will cover it, and pay for all the other guests too…”

“Good. Keep the change.”

“Huh?” Again? Was he serious? “I-I can’t. it’s too much…”

“You can stop doing that, he’s not going to take the money back anyway.” Onew flashed you a smile and then walked away with his hands in his pockets.

“My hyung is right, so just accept it.” Jonghyun put the money on the table. “See you next week.”
BWOH!? What did he just say???

“Same time, same table… same waitress.”

 

You were happy you had survived this time. But another night like this? You weren’t sure you could handle it. Aigoo… At least you one week to prepare…