First date

Hospital Happiness

“I’m ‘so sorry I’m late!” You bowed deeply. You were all out of breath. In the last minute you had decided to walk instead of taking the bus in order to save a few pennies, and you ended up being late.

“It’s okay. I didn’t wait that long.” Gikwang patted your bent back. “Let’s go and have some lunch.”

“Okay.” You straightened your back and started walking next to Gikwang. “What are we eating?”

“I was thinking we should do things simple for ourselves how do you feel about Bibimbop?” Gikwang smiled at you. You smiled back.

“Sounds great. I love that,” you said honestly. Korean food, yum.

 

Gikwang bought your food from a stand and then sat down on a low stone wall to eat.

“This is so good,” you squeaked between bites.

“I know right. It’s my favourite among the Korean courses, and this is the best in town,” Gikwang said.

“Then I’ll have to come here again… this is my favourite too.” You continued eating. Gikwang glanced at you and smiled a little as you devoured the last of your food.

“You look like you haven’t eaten well in a few days. Here, take mine.” Gikwang reached you his bowl. You looked at it, really wanting it, but you couldn’t take it.

“No, no. I’m full now, you eat your own food,” you said with a smile.

“~~~~~. I know you’re having a rough time, please, take it,” Gikwang urged you. You remembered the first time you met and felt ashamed thinking of all the things you had told him. Times were hard right now, but you would make it, like you always.

“Thank you Gikwang, that’s really sweet but… I don’t need you pitying me.” You looked away.

“~~~~~-ah.” You looked at Gikwang. He gave you a warm smile.

“I’m not pitying you, I just care about you.” Your heart started beating like crazy in your chest at what he had just said. “Please, take the bowl ~~~~~-ah.” Once again Gikwang reached you his bowl, and this time you accepted it.

 

You and Gikwang stayed in town and passed the time with strolling the streets and sometimes going into a shop. It was very easy to talk to Gikwang, he was a real good listener and he always said the right things to make you feel better. You glanced at the time.

“Oh !” You exclaimed. Gikwang slightly jumped at your outburst. You turned to him. “I have to go.” You bowed your head.

“It’s time for work already?”

“Yes. I really had a great time, I would love to do this again sometime…” You smiled shyly. Gikwang smiled back at you.

“I’m glad to hear that. Now hurry, don’t be late,” he said.

“Bye oppa,” you said with a small wave and turned around to leave. You hurried away.

“I’ll call you!” Gikwang called after you. You turned around again, now backing away from him.

“I’ll look forward to it!”