Table four

Hospital Happiness

It was a calm night. Not so many guests to stress around and serve. You were waiting for the dishes that you were supposed to take to table eleven when your boss hurried up to you.

“There’s a young gentleman at table four who’s asking for you.”

“For me?”

“A mister Kim Jonghyun. He wants you to take his order. I’ll tell someone else to take those plates.” You nodded and hurried to table four. Who could it be? You didn’t know any Kim Jonghyun…

 

Table one to four were isolated tables and from where you were coming it was impossible to see who was sitting at the tables. You picked up your notepad and got ready to write. You plastered a smile on your face and flipped the pad open.

“What can I get you?” You looked at your costumers and you tried to hide your surprised face behind the fake smile.

“I would like what you dropped in my lap last time,” the blonde guy smirked. Why did he ask for you? You lifted an eyebrow.

“Shrimp soup without shrimps? Fine. And you sir?” You turned to his friend.

“Onew? You don’t have to ask him, just give him the best chicken you have.”

“Something to drink?”

“The best wine at the restaurant.”

“Are you even old enough to order alcohol?” you asked sceptically.

“Of course!” Jonghyun put on an offended face.

“Anything else?”

“I think that’s all.”

“Alright. Your food will be ready in a few minutes. I’ll be right back with your drinks.” You closed your notepad and bowed before leaving the table. Seriously, what was going on?

 

“Your drinks.” You poured the wine in two glasses.

“Watch out Onew, she might pour it in your lap,” Jonghyun warned his friend. You ignored him, but couldn’t stop yourself from blushing.

“Your food will be ready any minute now.” You hurried away. Was that comment really necessary? Weren’t you embarrassed enough as it was?

 

You returned to the table with one plate in each hand.

“Here you go. Your soup.” You put the bowl in front of Jonghyun. It was practically no food. Just hot water with some spices. “And here’s the fried chicken. I told them to put extra chicken in it. I hope you’ll like it.” You smiled at Onew.

“Chincha!? Thanks.” Onew beamed at you and started eating his chicken.

“Why are you so nice to him?” You heard Jonghyun mumble discontented from his seat. Like he deserved it…

“Can I get some shrimps on the side or something?” Jonghyun asked as he stirred his “soup”. You giggled.

“I’ll see what I can do.”

 

You had just finished your ten minute break when you saw a hand waving at table four.

“~~~~~! Waitress!” Jonghyun called. You sighed and walked over to them.

“What can I do for you?”

“We would like some dessert, is there anyone from the menu that you can recommend?” Jonghyun closely examined the menu.

“I recommend that you skip the dessert and do something useful with your money,” you muttered. Those desserts cost a fortune.

“Sorry, I didn’t catch that.” Jonghyun cupped his ear and leaned closer to you.

“The fruit pies are delicious, but don’t take ice cream with it.” The ice cream was low class… “Take the custard sauce instead, it goes much better with it.”

“Really? Then I’ll take three of those,” Jonghyun said. Three? Was he sure? If he said so…

“It will soon be ready.” You smiled and bowed. The one eating two pieces of that pie would really have to work out afterwards…

 

“Alright, and who’s the one eating a second piece?” You looked from Onew to Jonghyun.

“No one. It’s for you. Now, sit down and eat,” Jonghyun ordered you.

“I-I don’t think I can do that. I’m working right now, my Boss…”

“I’ve already talked to your boss. Now eat!” Jonghyun pulled you down on a chair next to him and handed you a spoon.

“Oh-okay…”