Preparing dinner

Hospital Happiness

“He did!? Omo ~~~~~-ah, maybe he likes you!” Hyoyeon squeaked.

“Maybe…”

“What? You don’t want that?” Yoona asked.

“It’s not that, I’m worried about Taeyeon.”

“What about her?” Hyoyeon picked up her bowl of rice and searched for her chopsticks.

“I don’t know, she just seems unhappy… and yesterday I caught her skipping school.”

“Have you talked to her?”

“Not really.”

“It’s quite normal for teenagers to cut class once in a while though, you should try it some time,” Hyoyeon said. Skip school? No way! Not after all the trouble your parents had had to pay your school fees.

“I think I’ll just talk to her when I see her.”

 

“I’m home!” you yelled. There was no answer. Maybe they were at the hospital. You walked into the kitchen and found a note on the kitchen table. You were right; hospital visit. Your mum had taken the twins and the little one with her, but what about…

“Taeyeon-ah?” you called while putting the note back on the table. You looked in the room the two of you shared. Empty. Same thing went for the bathroom, living room and your parents’ room. Right now you really wished that Taeyeon had a cell phone. Where was she? You shot a glance at the time. Darn it, work was waiting.

 

Almost a week past without you ever getting the chance to talk to Taeyeon. She wasn’t home much, and by the time you got home from work she usually was asleep. Added to that, something else was on your mind. Today was the day Jonghyun said he’d come back to the restaurant.

 

As you walked towards the entrance of the restaurant you glanced through the windows and tried to see anything that revealed Jonghyun’s presence. You hesitantly opened the door and walked inside. You went into the kitchen to put your apron on and get your notepad. The cook peeked at you from behind the huge stove.

“Boss is really worked up about your guest tonight,” he said.

“My guest?” You almost dropped your pencil at the words.

“Yeah, you better behave…”

 

“~~~~~!” Your boss flung the swing doors to the kitchen open.

“Boss.” You bowed. He was obviously very stressed.

“He will be here in thirty minutes, you better get ready.”

“May I ask who is coming?” you asked tentatively. You were a hundred percent certain that the guest would be Jonghyun, but maybe you could find out something about him.

“Who is… mister Kim Jonghyun, of course.” Okay? Last time Jonghyun had been a ‘young gentleman’, what was so ‘of course’ about that all of a sudden?

“I am ready, sir,” you said.

“Mister Kim told me to tell you to choose your ideal three-course dinner for the both of you,” your boss instructed you. BWOH!? Your ideal three-course dinner didn’t even exist here. You liked it cheaper…

“Y-yes, sir.” You bowed and went to get a menu.